95 Mitsubishi - 3000GT VR-4 Drift Setting

• Thread starter Jatman2008
  • 19 comments
hello

On the search for a drift setting ..the one below is reasonably good and works well with the over-powered 3000GT ..may need slight tweaks but works, gets over grass/sand ..litterally flys over!

Though if anyone has some fined tuned figures that be gr8 and will happily thrash the 3000gt Full Race Spec Everything inc Stage4 turbo! to see how it works (851 Bhp)

here are the settings - found for a 98 model ...works well for 95 model too
1998 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR-4(J) Power 837 HP:837

Parts to Buy
Racing exhaust
Sports chip
Stage 4 turbo
Racing intercooler
racing suspension
Full costomize transmission
Full LSD
N2 tires And N1 tires

Settings
Spring Rate 8.6 - 5.2
Ride height 98 - 98
Shock bound 8 - 8
Shock rebound 8 - 8
Chamber angle2.7 1.7
Stabalizers 3 - 3
LSD
front Rear
Intial torque 18 19
Accel 36 51
Deccel 14 14
N2 N1
AIDS OFF!
Post by 86hondakillerOct 03 2005, 2:30PM. originally

Welcome any fined tuned figures for test out . Track tested on:
Japan Events- normal A license race -
Its The last track on the 1st set of races.
jatman2008:tup:

Problem #1. You've posted in the wrong section, this is the tuning area. :P Drift section is Right here!!

Problem #2. You've got a Stage 4 turbo.....good for being a dyno queen, not a drift king!! :D Fit a smaller turbo (Stage 2 would be better)....or maybe the S5 turbo from the tuner village might work if you can get it.

Problem #3. Swap the spring rates around, you want it soft on front and hard on rear. ;) Play around with the toe angles too and not just the camber.

P.S. Don't use gr8, plz and all that stuff.....the mods won't tolerate it. :)

Problem #1. You've posted in the wrong section, this is the tuning area. :P Drift section is Right here!!

well, his post IS part Tuning and part Drifting, but still, go to that^ link.., :)

Problem #2. You've got a Stage 4 turbo.....good for being a dyno queen, not a drift king!! :D Fit a smaller turbo (Stage 2 would be better)....or maybe the S5 turbo from the tuner village might work if you can get it.

any turbo that has torque in the low RPM ranges woould do.., a Stage 2 woulf work nicely..,

Problem #3. Swap the spring rates around, you want it soft on front and hard on rear. ;) Play around with the toe angles too and not just the camber.

P.S. Don't use gr8, plz and all that stuff.....the mods won't tolerate it. :)[/QUOTE]

in short, don't use TXTSPK..,"great" has 5 characters in it.., 👍

Cheers. Will do abit of experimenting today.. see if i can refine some figures and parts if need. Not really too fusy at this stage to get it perfect..if possible i'll try to tweak the figures with the Stage4 turbo. But later, i'll try building the same car (2nd purchase) specifically for drifting to get it 'spot on'..Once the finance is built up. I use the Mitsubishi-3000gt vr-4 the most purely because of the modifying capabilities.
Does anyone know by experience ...best car suited for drifting in gt4 (price range under 100,000 exclude modifications) Must have Power!

If you want lots of power you probably need an AWD, more specifically a RWD based AWD to keep it sliding. Buy the Skyline GT-R V-SpecII Nür and do not fit LSD or VCD.

Believe me. It sounds crazy but the car has the best differentials in the game as stock, electronically self-adjusting ones known as ATTESA-ETS Pro. It'll drift all day as the drivetrain keeps feeding the power to the rear wheels, only using the fronts to pull the car out of corners. 911 bhp should be easily enough at the power front too. 👍

Thanks. Ive come across a rumour that the Spring rates in Gt4 are muddled up. Initially..for Drifting you would set the front to soft (lower value) and rear to hard(higher value) . Ive tested the car out with 'values' as above and also 'Swaping Figures around'. Strangely ... the car is drifting better with a Higher value(hard) spring rate for front and Soft for rear (lower value)??
HAS ANYONE ELSE COME ACROSS THIS IN GT4? I THINK GT4 HAS GOT THE SETUP FOR THE SPRING RATES MUDDLED UP.
This was tried with the Stage4 turbo and again with Stage2 turbo..Still the same result.

a softer rear onlys more ody roll to the back which lets off grip off front wheels so you pretty much cant turn at all. That's not good for rear wheel drive but i found its okay with AWD's.

Ive Tested out many cars and the AWD/RWD cars are best for drifting.. esp if extensively modifying. The Mitsbusihi 1995 gt3000 VR-4 is a top car for Modifying. Most modification options available And can even tweak gear ratios which is not possible with The Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec Nur (but car handling is better). Its a great starter for gt4 until you have enough credit for Limited Edition Models...that are naturally around 600-1000Bhp . Hopefully.. if enough time will gather some data on selected gt4 cars and have a spec sheet on each car on my website (still under construction-will have couple pages by Mid-April08) be either on Pictures tab or GT tab inside Interests section. By that time GT5prologue/GT5 be the next for testing-driftShots-etc Top Graphics Images Hopefully, web address is on member details page.

The Mitsbusihi 1995 gt3000 VR-4 is a top car for Modifying. Most modification options available And can even tweak gear ratios which is not possible with The Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec Nur (but car handling is better).
Err, what? You're saying that you can't modify the gear ratios of the Skyline? Better get the fully customizable transmission for it then! The Skyline can take every single part the 3000GT can, and actually tops it with the Displacement Increase.

Ive gone into every setting for modifying.. puchased the Fully custom transmission, Triple-clutch, racing exhaust, S2 turbo, displacement, port polish, engine balance, racing chip, racing brakes & controlle, ... every top modification i could ... Lets you PURCHASE ok .... but when you try going into settings it remains UNselectable. BUT ...just to be sure I'll Check again Right Now as i saved the Data and See if I can get into the Transmission settings.

Definitly....just tried it ...Will not let you enter Transmission section ..Ive gone back to Tuning section tried to purchase Fully customisable Transmission again... But definitly says Already Purchased. Unless its only viable with an expense..er model ..which im not aware off ... or is it the M-spec? model i should be trying. Quite Strange :( . Definitely got it purchased ...just not letting us enter settings in transmission ..and also Downforce is also Un-selectable. the version of gt4 is definitely Not prologue . Its the 2 disc edition. one which says gt4 (that im using right now in the player) and other disc is: gt4 A-spec Platinum Edition.

Then the FC transmission has been bought but not fitted. You should be able to select it from the drop down menu and then adjust it. If downforce isn't adjustable you don't have an aftermarket wing fitted. Or you have some major bug in your game.

On the other hand, I've never heard of a two disc GT4 game. The normal version is single disc, the Platinum is single disc. Either you have bought both and have both discs in a single case or there's something very unexplainable going on.

MOST LIKELY EXPLANATION... after purchase it did not automatically set the car to Custom setting on Transmission. May have over looked that detail. thanks.
>>FOR ANYONE NEW TO MODIFYING CARS IN GT4 - JUST TRIPLE CHECK CAR SETTING AFTER PURCHASE +TUNING AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NOT MISSED ANY NECCESSARY MODIFICATIONS NEEDED.<<

Hey Jatman2008, Not to be rude, but chill bro... stay chill... no one around this forum LIKES TO TALK OR READ THIS...

Also, Don't double post, hit the Edit button right below to the right of your last post and throw in whatever was unsaid...

Thanks for your concerns. But, forums are for discussions!!!!!
Quote " no one around this forum LIKES TO TALK OR READ THIS... "
Without talking there's no Communication - > ANYONE THAT DONT LIKE IT ..JUST PRETEND YOU HAVENT SEEN IT!! . AND ALSO ..IM ALWAYS CHILLED. THANKS.
However - now ive solved the problem - with gt4 settings ..i usually stick with technical relevent info.

While I agree with your post, it's more up to the person. I personally enjoy a car with around 500 hp, but I do have a few drift cars(Supras) that have ridiculous Hp figures.

While I agree with your post, it's more up to the person. I personally enjoy a car with around 500 hp, but I do have a few drift cars(Supras) that have ridiculous Hp figures.

*cough cough* Unies ;) *cough cough*

Which is why I hinted Stage 5 turbo. ;) All the ridiculous horsepower + a lot more torque compared to a Stage 4. Too bad it doesn't work for the 3000GT. :(

Back