97T Deep Clutch Explanations?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FakeID341
  • 4 comments
  • 771 views
Messages
27
Canada
Montreal
Messages
FakeID341
I'm just wondering why it is that to change gears in the 97T, you really have to press the clutch all the way down as other cars allow a certain margin. I'm looking for technical explanations regarding the actual car and why it has been emulated that way.
 
I've heard that all other cars don't have a margin either, it's been that way since at the latest GT5. Technical explanation, hmm... the clutch model is flawed.
 
Haven't used the clutch on the 97t yet, but you can't tap the clutch with a gearbox like that. Or any dog box for that matter. Not synchro'd transmissions. Need to fully disengage drive line. Whether it's a glitch or not, that's how it should be. You don't nurse or modulate clutches like that. You have to bang on them.
 
What 332i said. Also it could also be an attempt at simulating clutch travel. I drove a Formula Renault car a little over a year ago at a racing school and the clutch had about 1" of travel. So realistically the drive line was either engaged or not there wasn't really a bite point.
 
Missing shifts is very related to wheel spin. This cars has little trouble spinning its tires so its easy to miss shifts in the lower gears.
 
Back