97t, To camber or not to camber?

United States
United States
As everyone and they're grandmothers prolly know, default camber settings are at 2.5/1.5. Do you guys think there really is a bug and its better taking the camber off at both ends? I dont understand if camber is so detrimental, why they would put so much of it on this thing to begin with.

Perhaps it is some sort of setting gleaned from old info, notes, photos, etc. Not that hard to remove, lower or raise it and see if it works better for you.

I tuned the 97t without camber and it works really well. I find that camber works really well on some vehicles (Audi R8 LMS for instance) but on other cars i found it detrimental to the tuning process so removed it completely. I guess it boils down to personal preference.

The broken camber on GT6 (by the fact that all it does is remove grip) means that you can use it to fine tune handling when one end has far too much grip. Similarly, on FF cars that understeer, you can stick a load of rear camber on them to take some rear grip out.

hsv
The broken camber on GT6 (by the fact that all it does is remove grip) means that you can use it to fine tune handling when one end has far too much grip. Similarly, on FF cars that understeer, you can stick a load of rear camber on them to take some rear grip out.
It depends on your toe and ARB settings. It is not 100% optimal tire traction at 0 camber, just because the camber is set to zero. Yes, the contact patch is the greatest at 0...but, it does affect stability and stability affects corner speed, given the correct setup. I run camber up front, zero in the rear and have been doing mid to high 1:16s at Monaco and mid to low 1:16s at Monza. ABS at 1, no other aids. So...camber is not 100% broken. You can lift inside tires and such in many cars on many tracks. You can see the outside tires running to the ground at an angle, no longer in complete contact with the rear. If that's the case, then camber can work and it does to an extent. The scaling is just not correct. If the only way for optimal front track is 0 camber in one of someone's tunes, they have mismatched the suspension settings to themselves. That goes for every car in the game. 0 camber will also wear down and allow your tires to overheat quicker under the same conditions.

Back