A-5

I used the search feature, and found nothing. I golded the B license and A 1-4, but A-5 seems particularly hard. Anyone else had problems with it?

Concentrate on slow-in-fast-out for the last corner.

Here are notes from my old diary, which is no longer online.

Perhaps more than any other test this one was based strongly on the principle of sacrificing speed in the internal turns of the esses so as to maximize final exit speed.

Since this car is a little less powerful than some of the others, and the Gran Turismo modeling of front-wheel drive cars doesn't seem to cause even a realistic amount of wheel-spin, I just pinned the gas pedal after an initial two or three blips.

I moved only slightly to the right to ease the first corner just a little; ending up with my left side just over the right side of the center line. I studied my replays and began the first turn just as I shifted up, at about 64mph, without braking, although a little feathering through the corner was necessary in order to hold the car in tight without too much speed loss due to tire slippage. I did go up ever so slightly over the curb on that first corner, and throughout the run slight, but not excessive, tire squeal could be heard.

I didn't hold the car in too tight for the exit of the first turn, so as to be able to smoothly head into the second. A lot practice was necessary in order to learn just how to feather the throttle around the second corner so as to avoid going too fast and coming off, but also keep up enough speed for a fast time. I apexed late, but not so late as to stay on the right side of the road; I smoothly swung out toward the left on exit, taking a smooth course that took me just to the left of the center line before I eased back to the right side of the road, though not quite to the edge, in order to set up for the left-hander into the tunnel. Although I entered the second turn at 85mph, my speed dropped to 80 through the turn, and remained an almost constant 80 going to the final corner, rising only to 81.

I went into that final left-hander a little deep, lightly dabbing the brakes before turning a little sharply so as to apex late and get hard on the gas very early, maximizing my speed down the finishing straight.

My shifting points (mph) were something like:

39 up to 2nd
63 up to 3rd
1st corner exit about 77mph
speed increaded to 85mph
then decreased to 80
81 down to 2nd (after light braking)
65 up to 3rd (minimum speed 55mph)

I used the search feature, and found nothing. I golded the B license and A 1-4, but A-5 seems particularly hard. Anyone else had problems with it?
Go to the replay theater at the main menu and go down to A-5 in the demo. It will show you how to do it to get gold on that test and any others you you have trouble with. I watched them in normal replay first then watched them from inside the car so I would know what I needed to do to get the gold. Just watch the replays and practice on the time trials to get the hang of things. Also you might want to run all the B class races before doing all the other license the extra practice will improve your driving skills you need to pass the other test. Good Luck

I think a lot of people have had problems with a lot of the tests, I just grinded it out trying to get bronze and occasionally doing certain tests to refine my skills.

Back