A beginners critique at racing!

United States
Williamsburg VA
GT Racer Len Jia
Having a great time doing the daily races, my best time at Spa is 2:08:57! I was really happy with that! It got me 1 pole position at Spa!
A few things that I have found out real quickly!
Just starting out I would say that Traction Control is the most important adjustment on your cars! Selecting #1, you are to slow out of the corners! Anything over 1 and you might as well hang it up for winning! Setting it at 0 is a bit of a challenge on certain parts of the track.
There are some pretty shady racers out there!
No matter how fast you think you are, there is always someone that is a lot faster than you!
I don't see how anyone could do GT7 with a controller, looks like steering wheel is the way to go! If you are using a controller and winning, more power to you!:blackflag:

Believe it or not it seems the controllers have an advantage due to the nature of being able to instantly apply maximum opposite lock compared to the wheel.......this is an age old "thing" tho and certainly not constrained to GT games, driving games in general.

I am talking about the average here, rather than the Aliens

WOW, seems like it would be really difficult to control a car using a remote!

I also found out something really irritating after I won my first race at Spa. You only have a few minutes, I think it's like 2:30 to save your video, edit the title, and add a message to it! Needless to say I got screwed because the time ran out before I could get my video saved! 🤬😡

Could someone explain why when I save a video it doesn't show up in My Library? 🤔
What kinda of video? If its a replay you need to go to showcase and in the tab My items choose replay.
If its a recorded video using share button you need to "exit" the game in the Home menu, you have your installed games,Library,Pstore, ps plus icons etc, and theres also another related to your captures, there you have screenshots and videos you capture, i dont remember the folders name but search youll find it.

No matter how fast you think you are, there is always someone that is a lot faster than you!
This is the truth. I remember when I first got in GT Sport, I achieved gold in the circuit experience and assumed that I was the natural successor to Ayrton Senna. Then into an online race, and I am 4 seconds a lap slower than everyone else! Therefore more practice needed!

Last edited:
This is the truth. I remember when I first got in GT Sport, I achieved gold in the circuit experience and assumed that I was the natural successor to Ayrton Senna. Then into an online race, and I am 4 seconds a lap slower than everyone else! Therefore more practice needed!
😄 I know the feeling, except I was thinking I was more like Schumacher! 🤣

I know how to save a video in Arcade Mode, will this also work for the daily races! Is there a way to save my progress on GT7, delete my account and start another one and add the progress to the new account?
Thanks a lot for the help! I am just trying to get my account situated right.
:confused:

Last edited:
Having a great time doing the daily races, my best time at Spa is 2:08:57! I was really happy with that! It got me 1 pole position at Spa!
A few things that I have found out real quickly!
Just starting out I would say that Traction Control is the most important adjustment on your cars! Selecting #1, you are to slow out of the corners! Anything over 1 and you might as well hang it up for winning! Setting it at 0 is a bit of a challenge on certain parts of the track.
There are some pretty shady racers out there!
I don't see how anyone could do GT7 with a controller, looks like steering wheel is the way to go! If you are using a controller and winning, more power to you!:blackflag:
Welcome! Keep racing and have fun!

You will get frustrated at times - I know I have! There is a great community of GT Planet racers that want to help you get better and who want to race others fair and square.

I know how to save a video in Arcade Mode, will this also work for the daily races! Is there a way to save my progress on GT7, delete my account and start another one and add the progress to the new account?
Thanks a lot for the help! I am just trying to get my account situated right.
:confused:
1. I am not aware of events that dont allow to save a replay, but if I remember correct I have seen error messages of "replay file is too big to save".

2. You progess is automatically linked to your account.
There is no way to transfer progress from any account to a different one, and case of GT7 there is no reset for the ingame progress.
In some games you can "reset" your progress, but no game will allow to transfer any savegame data between any different account.

Thanks a million for everyone's help! I was not familiar with the category of Showcase. I looked there and all the videos and screen shots I did are in there! 👍

Just wanted to share a photo that I was working on, it's me on a hot lap of the Nürburgring Nordschleife!
91f651c24e831703a614ede876024201_photo.jpg

Last edited:
Back