A big THANK YOU to the drifting forum! I can drift again!

• Thread starter Issysdad
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
Suffolk
mumfudger
Just a big thanks to all that have posted advice on here!

I was one of the G27 wheel drifters who thought that GT6 had forgotten drifting. Weird physics, strange snap backs and cars generally just not sliding how I wanted them to.

I was going to give up, but then thought I'd have one final look on here.

And it has helped immensely.

I have gone right back to basics and started all over again. I was trying to drift the same cars as I was drifting in GT5 with similar tunes and it wouldn't work.

I would strongly suggest anybody having problems with drifting on GT6 to try this. Now bear with me as it might sound crazy, however, it has worked for me.

I bought the Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo '83 and left it completely stock. No tuning, no parts, nothing and took it to Autumn Ring Mini reverse. The open diff meant it would spin the inside wheel, but it was just enough to start practising a bit of oppo' lock.

I then added the mid range turbo. Again, the inside wheel would easily spin, but this time, as it had a little more power, the back would come out a little further.

Finally, I added the diff. I've put the settings at 10/40/30. As I expected, this had the biggest impact!

I can now drift again! Sure, I'm not going to have a sponsored D1 drive anytime soon, but I'm pretty bloody happy with being able to go slideways again!

So, to anyone about to give up on drifting on GT6............. DON'T! Try out this little car and feed back here. It would be great if I had stumbled up a nice little training car!

1391527563982.jpg
1391527565708.jpg
I find both these cars are excellent very near stock, with just an extra bit of power, and an LSD.

Loads of fun on my dfgt.

I'm glad you have found your groove.

Try the gt86 "racing" (Road car with steel wheels and the red towing eyes), comfort mediums, Nordschleife. Abs 0 brake balance 3-5 Maybe an ever so slight power increase, nothing major. It gives and excellent oversteer sensation, very predictable, yet not enough power to get you into trouble.

Throw that thing around and you will soon be sideways, full throttle, grinning like a mad man twirling your arms to put the front end exactly where you want it.

Then add a midrange turbo.

Enjoy.

Just a big thanks to all that have posted advice on here!

I was one of the G27 wheel drifters who thought that GT6 had forgotten drifting. Weird physics, strange snap backs and cars generally just not sliding how I wanted them to.

I was going to give up, but then thought I'd have one final look on here.

And it has helped immensely.

I have gone right back to basics and started all over again. I was trying to drift the same cars as I was drifting in GT5 with similar tunes and it wouldn't work.

I would strongly suggest anybody having problems with drifting on GT6 to try this. Now bear with me as it might sound crazy, however, it has worked for me.

I bought the Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo '83 and left it completely stock. No tuning, no parts, nothing and took it to Autumn Ring Mini reverse. The open diff meant it would spin the inside wheel, but it was just enough to start practising a bit of oppo' lock.

I then added the mid range turbo. Again, the inside wheel would easily spin, but this time, as it had a little more power, the back would come out a little further.

Finally, I added the diff. I've put the settings at 10/40/30. As I expected, this had the biggest impact!

I can now drift again! Sure, I'm not going to have a sponsored D1 drive anytime soon, but I'm pretty bloody happy with being able to go slideways again!

So, to anyone about to give up on drifting on GT6............. DON'T! Try out this little car and feed back here. It would be great if I had stumbled up a nice little training car!
Good lad. Test, adapt, progress, thats all it takes!

(Don't know if you're aware but camber is currently not functioning correctly and only removes grip, try to keep that in mind when you're tuning. Just a heads up so you know)

Congratulations, but do you enjoy it?
I can drift on GT6, but I don't enjoy it one bit.

Honestly....... I'm enjoying it more than GT5. I won't be heading into lobbies anytime soon, but really having fun with it now.

This really helped, thanks alot.
I added fully customisable suspension for moar lows but other than that is awesome!

I added fully customisable suspension for moar lows but other than that is awesome!
Be careful with lowering, if your springs are too soft you will bottom out the suspension and encounter all sorts of weird handling. It might look cool to be scraping the concrete, but looking cool can leave you in all kinds of trouble if you encounter camber, changes in elevation and curbs

Be careful with lowering, if your springs are too soft you will bottom out the suspension and encounter all sorts of weird handling. It might look cool to be scraping the concrete, but looking cool can leave you in all kinds of trouble if you encounter camber, changes in elevation and curbs
This is just a learning tune anyway, im sticking to flat tracks, how can i tell if my suspension is bottoming out?

Earlier counter steering.

More practice needed.

Honestly, spinning shouldn't be an issue with so little power.

Will do :) but as soon as I'm drifting/power sliding, it immediately feels like it's going to. Spin, and it does :P
But I'm just one hour in today, so i will be more patient :)

Be careful with loweriewng, if your springs are too soft you will bottom out the suspension and encounter all sorts of weird handling. It might look cool to be scraping the concrete, but looking cool can leave you in all kinds of trouble if you encounter camber, changes in elevation and curbs

Just run a higher spring rate and adjust dampers accordingly. Practice in a slammed car, become awesome at driving a slammed car.

Last edited:
Back