A bike of my own.

disinfected

It's just a prank, bro!
Premium
United States
STL
disinfected
disinfected
The search for finding a second car has slowed down a bit, and I've looked for alternative forms of transportation to get around town so I don't have to share the car as much with my wife to try and juggle getting to work.

I didn't want to get a cheap car because I can probably spend more money down the road, and I didn't want to jump into a motorcycle since I've never had one.

After some searching, I concluded that was going to get some type of scooter. I'm kind of tall, and many of the smaller ones just didn't fit right.

I ended up going for this one, it's a Kymco Super-8 150cc. Has enough speed for what I need it for, while still maintaining out of this world gas mileage. It's a 2009 model, but it has next to nothing in terms of mileage, so I couldn't pass it up.

5I65F25Mb3kc3Fe3J3c8a1de14fd07a5f12b2.jpg

5L85Ee5M43M43Ic3H1c8a7a87598b95ea1d48.jpg

5I65L15Ed3E43F33Ldc8ae3b31230fad116a1.jpg

5I85F85M53I43J93H2c8af50f7208f1ee19c9.jpg

Looks like a good pickup! Great shape 👍

I do have a question though - what is the draw of people to those scooters? Myself I wonder why they don't just buy a bike and be done with it?

I do have a question though - what is the draw of people to those scooters? Myself I wonder why they don't just buy a bike and be done with it?

Better fuel economy and storage space would be my guess.

And they're generally cheaper. As an example, I have a scooter that's registered as a 50cc; I paid $400 for it and I don't need insurance or a motorcycle endorsement to ride it. I couldn't touch a running motorcycle for less than $1000. I do want to upgrade to an actual motorcycle, but this does the job for now.

mustangGT90210

Think I pretty much explained why in my post. Gas mileage is great, has plenty of speed, looks nice. When I want a reliable, low maintenance, easy to ride daily driver...for its price, no sub 1600 dollar old motorcycle is going to provide that.

Most people buy scooters in place of a car, not a motorcycle.

My 89 Ex500 has been good so far it was sub $1k. But either way how does it feel at 60?

I understand now. I always thought they bought scooters to replace the bikes which is where it didn't make sense to me. To replace a gas guzzling car, suddenly everything makes sense!

I understand now. I always thought they bought scooters to replace the bikes which is where it didn't make sense to me. To replace a gas guzzling car, suddenly everything makes sense!

At over 70 mpg, it even puts or 30-42 mpg Hyundai to shame.

Brought it home last night. (In something that certainly DOES NOT do good on gas.)
aad5yg.jpg

Back