A Bit Off Topic But...

  • Thread starter Thread starter UnlimitedZero
  • 8 comments
  • 635 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
56
Mabye this is way off topic. I've looked but there's nothing.

I recently found TOCA Race Driver 2: The Ultimate Racing Simulator (check it out at Gamefaqs). This game rocks! Damage (body, tranny, engine, suspension, tires, and steering), 21 car races, custom AI that drives as hard as you, the graphics look like NFSU2 (but not as shiny), not to mention free race mode where you can race other cars (as many as you want up to 10) or by yourself. Has anyone heard of this game?

I see why Forza went after GT4, it being the King and all, but compared to this, it kicks Forza's ass really bad in most areas. The only option this game is missing is to pick different cars for some tracks, plus there's only 31 cars to drive [which make me apperciate GT4 more (and there's only racing modified cars, but it is a racing game)] It has a story which puts you right in the action. There's no BS in this game its all about racing. Almost forgot...There's manual with clutch for hardcore players (the best feature in any car game)!!

I know Forza's one of the best games on X-box (seeing as it has about 5 [that's not on every system]). BTW, the X-box version of this game is crap. The graphics suck, you use only auto because the X-box has only 2 pressure sensitive puttons, for gas and brakes (shifting is stupid on x-box).

I'm not going to compare it to the King, because GT is for driving and TOCA is for racing.
 
Clutch, huh? Does that work with DS2 controllers, too? Sounds like a cool game!

VIPFREAK
Yeah, TOCA RD2 is great please see this

I love that video so much, I watched the whole thing again! 👍
 
a6m5
Clutch, huh? Does that work with DS2 controllers, too? Sounds like a cool game!



I love that video so much, I watched the whole thing again! 👍


Surprizingly well!! The shoulder buttons are actually pressure sensitive (I just found this out!)!! I set my config for GT's shifting and have the clutch as L1. The default is R1 up shift, L1 down shift and L2 for clutch. I love cranking the car up and executing the perfect launches. Although, the first time I played the game I stalled my car, and hurt the tranny by not pressing the clutch button hard enough. Heel-Toe is great!

Great video!
 
a6m5
I love that video so much, I watched the whole thing again! 👍

:lol: yeah, I forgot how funny it was so I saw it too. I need to copy down that L33t stuff though. :dopey:
 
I didn't know those shoulder buttons were pressure sensitve! :ouch: Heel & toe sounds cool. :)
 
hmm... interesting video... :)
 
UnlimitedZero
Surprizingly well!! The shoulder buttons are actually pressure sensitive (I just found this out!)!! I set my config for GT's shifting and have the clutch as L1. The default is R1 up shift, L1 down shift and L2 for clutch. I love cranking the car up and executing the perfect launches. Although, the first time I played the game I stalled my car, and hurt the tranny by not pressing the clutch button hard enough. Heel-Toe is great!

Great video!

I found out about those shoulder buttons the other night while trying to find the perfect set-up (in GT4) to drive high-wheelspin cars. I put the brakes on the R1 button... works pretty swell.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back