A bus is faster than a Ferrari in gt7 !!!

• Thread starter wfh83
  • 16 comments
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
Hello ..

In the Human Comedy challenge the Alsace ( old cars race ).. I used the Ferrari 308 GTB as it is recommended by get players who one the race .. in the first and second lap I was at 7th position, telling myself that I need more laps to take over the first place .. I was shocked to see the Sambabus Typ 2 from Volkswagen coming from the last place to right behind me .. the real shock came after he drove right pass me in a straight line !!

I said to myself I must be sure .. so I already have the bus .. so I tuned it to the very best .. every thing helps .. it was very slow where as the ai car .. same model .. was mighty fast ..

The same happened with the autopolis challenge .. I have the same car as the ai .. yet they way too fast .. too fast ..

I changed the difficulty.. nothing changed ..

What the hell is happening.?? .. I thought the AI should be better right now ..

The Sambabus is engine swapped with a Porsche, the dialogue from the drivers before the race tells you. He's not an issue in that race because it uses a ton of fuel. As for Autopolis, a tuned Suzuki Cappuccino will easily win - just keep your lap times around 2:24 or lower.

In the Human Comedy missions difficulty doesn't seem to do anything - some people have mentioned it made the race harder when they turned it down too.

ill Bet you alot of people had this same thought when the bus leaves you standing still on the straight.. almost nobody listens to the guy before the race lmao. However he pits alot and drives pretty recklass about halfway through race hes usually pretty far back i use the stratos for this mission and usually do pretty well

There is a problem with AI .. and it is intentional.. I mean I won some races .. but here are some points :

*/ sometimes the leading car is so fast .. even if you have the same car .. and it is BoP, yet he is faster.

*/ suddenly the AI remembers that he is faster than you in the late laps ..

*/ when you are closing in , suddenly you slide in otherwise easy turn.

*/ The AI is like : I know you have the same car , but am faster and my fuel efficiency is better than you ..

*/ also the AI: whoops am out of the track!! It’s okay I’ll recover in impossible time and no penalty whatsoever..

it’s a handicap races 😂😂

I’m glad it’s not just me that this happens to. I was totally in control in the second to last lap of the Tsukuba 1hr. thinking I just needed two more clean laps, and then my car suddenly swerved right into a wall at the second hairpin. No rain, nothing different, no explanation, but my rear ended just suddenly gave out and I had no power at all. It felt like something broke. It let P2 and P3 get past me, and then everything was fine again. I never could recover from that incident and finished third.

I’ve noticed this in several of the races. Admittedly they all have tire wear, etc. in an hour, but having something inexplicable happen only after I take the lead (or if I am closing in on the leader) feels awfully fishy to me…

Last edited:
I’m glad it’s not just me that this happens to. I was totally in control in the second to last lap of the Tsukuba 1hr. thinking I just needed two more clean laps, and then my car suddenly swerved right into a wall at the second hairpin. No rain, nothing different, no explanation, but my rear ended just suddenly gave out and I had no power at all. It felt like something broke. It let P2 and P3 get past me, and then everything was fine again. I never could recover from that incident and finished third.

I’ve noticed this in several of the races. Admittedly they all have tire wear, etc. in an hour, but having something inexplicable happen only after I take the lead (or if I am closing in on the leader) feels awfully fishy to me…

You choked, lol. It's not the game saying you're doing too well and driving you into a wall. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

I'm not sure the weather is fixed on that race, but when I did it, right at the end the track is drying up, so the track is still wet outside of the dry line. If you e.g. braked half on and half off the dry line, this can well spin your car around. There's nothing sinister about it.

when you are closing in , suddenly you slide in otherwise easy turn.
1651993237962.gif

There is a problem with AI .. and it is intentional.. I mean I won some races .. but here are some points :

*/ sometimes the leading car is so fast .. even if you have the same car .. and it is BoP, yet he is faster.

*/ suddenly the AI remembers that he is faster than you in the late laps ..

*/ The AI is like : I know you have the same car , but am faster and my fuel efficiency is better than you ..

*/ also the AI: whoops am out of the track!! It’s okay I’ll recover in impossible time and no penalty whatsoever..

it’s a handicap races 😂😂
The cars are the same/similar but thr chilli-peppers indicate that that the AI cars are tuned which is why they are faster.

It's not necessarily bolt-ons like a turbo; it's the gearing/Transmission.

I couldn't understand how Kokubun was managing 59 second laps at Tsukuba until I adjusted my own transmission.

20220507_084759.jpg

In addition to the obvious challenge (rain or endurance) the key aspect of these races is that the opponent's vehicles are customised; it's the same with all chilli-peppered races like The GT Cup (Gr.3 @730PP and Gr.4 at 630), the Gr.B Rally Challenges or the Mini Clubman Cup.

Setting up is as important as dealing with the rain/endurance/strategy and running clean laps.

Last edited:
You choked, lol. It's not the game saying you're doing too well and driving you into a wall. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm not sure the weather is fixed on that race, but when I did it, right at the end the track is drying up, so the track is still wet outside of the dry line. If you e.g. braked half on and half off the dry line, this can well spin your car around. There's nothing sinister about it.
Admittedly, I’m still learning how to race so I’m not perfect, but the random shenanigans happen in other races too, at least in the Human Comedy series. I’ve done the first three so far and in each one I’ve had a random act of God knock me out of the race just about the same time that I started thinking I might win. So it doesn’t seem all that random. . . . Maybe that’s what the comedy is? The jokes on me for getting my hopes up?!

The cars are the same/similar but thr chilli-peppers indicate that that the AI cars are tuned which is why they are faster.

It's not necessarily bolt-ons like a turbo; it's the gearing/Transmission.

I couldn't understand how Kokubun was managing 59 second laps at Tsukuba until I adjusted my own transmission.

View attachment 1147695

In addition to the obvious challenge (rain or endurance) the key aspect of these races is that the opponent's vehicles are customised; it's the same with all chilli-peppered races like The GT Cup (Gr.3 @730PP and Gr.4 at 630), the Gr.B Rally Challenges or the Mini Clubman Cup.

Setting up is as important as dealing with the rain/endurance/strategy and running clean laps.
Set the difficulty to easy, you saw the ai runs at 0.57secs

Hello ..

In the Human Comedy challenge the Alsace ( old cars race ).. I used the Ferrari 308 GTB as it is recommended by get players who one the race .. in the first and second lap I was at 7th position, telling myself that I need more laps to take over the first place .. I was shocked to see the Sambabus Typ 2 from Volkswagen coming from the last place to right behind me .. the real shock came after he drove right pass me in a straight line !!

I said to myself I must be sure .. so I already have the bus .. so I tuned it to the very best .. every thing helps .. it was very slow where as the ai car .. same model .. was mighty fast ..

The same happened with the autopolis challenge .. I have the same car as the ai .. yet they way too fast .. too fast ..

I changed the difficulty.. nothing changed ..

What the hell is happening.?? .. I thought the AI should be better right now ..
Welcome to Gran Tursimo's rubber-banding.

It still astounds me that they run with this method - especially when it was pointed out in what, GT5? directly to Kaz that the community HATES it. IIRC he was kind of dumbfounded by it, but added in some races without the rubberbanding which was much appreciated.

And it just happened to me again at Kyoto. I’m starting to feel like the butt of the joke in these Human Comedy races!

Back