A Car Through Series Project

  • Thread starter Thread starter 9mm
  • 24 comments
  • 1,249 views

9mm

Messages
162
Ok guys it's time to make use of my TV card.

I want to create movies recorded from replays of EACH GT game of THE SAME car. Showing how it changed through out the series.

Unfortunately there is only ONE car that is present in every game (GT1, GT2, GTC and GT4P), which is .... (You guess ;) )

For the rest i will just have to skip GTC

First movie should be available tommorow (need to earn some money in GT1).
 
Skyline? NSX? Corvette? I guess I'll just check.

Edit: I can't spell
 
sounds like a good project, I would like to see it when its done are you going to keep it on the same track too (if thats possible).
 
I guess is Skyline... I don´t own every game, never played GTC too.
 
I'm guessing it's one of these:

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II R32
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec R33
Honda NSX Type S-Zero
Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (C4)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR
Honda Civic Type R EK
 
It may be a stupid guess, but, let me try...

Could it be the Mitsubishi FTO LM?
 
the Escudo.. ?
 
A car that was in every GT? Hmm, probably the Castrol Supra GT. I think that would look hot from different views on the same track as you go from GT1-GT2, etc.
 
I believe It is the Castrol Tom's Supra..
 
NSX Type-S
Civic Type-R
Integra Type-R
RX7 FC3S (?)

wasn't there a bunch of cars continued in the series, not just one?
 
Yes, it's the Castrol Supra Race Car. There might be more.
 
Civicbus
NSX Type-S
Civic Type-R
Integra Type-R
RX7 FC3S (?)

wasn't there a bunch of cars continued in the series, not just one?

yes, a lot of them actually

r32 vspec II 94
r33 vspec 97
nsx type s zero
supra rz
fto gp version r
lancer evo 4 gsr
corvette grand sport
camaro z28
aston martin db7 coupe
mazda miata (early ones, forgot grade tho)
sprinter trueno ae86
celica gt4 & sS-II
s13 k's
civic 93 3door sir
del sol sir
integra type r
fc savanna efini
viper gts



dont think the castrol supra would count as each gt had different jgtc race season version
 
Solid Lifters
Yes, it's the Castrol Supra Race Car. There might be more.

The problem is that the castrol supra has evolved and changed appearance and engines over the various incarnations of GT. Also in prologue the number 36 supra’s livery has changed to WoodOne rather than castrol.
The real question is... are we looking for a vehicle that is completely unchanged in anyway from GT1. Otherwise the RX7’s negligible updates would make it a good candidate.

Sorry Z32, almost all of the cars you have listed were not available/selectable in Concept.
 
whoops, hehe... didnt read the concept part :dunce:
 
sounds like a cool idea. I'd love to see a quad split screen of gt1, gt2, gt4, gt4 (forget concept and prolouge since they aren't so common, I have them both but I also had to go out of my way to get them in the USA). I never played Gt1 and only spent a few hours with Gt2 years ago but I would be curious to see the differences.

Also I think the same circuit would be great, though that rules out Prolouge.
 
I would've thought Subaru Impreza would've been in there too?!

Or the Mitsi Evo... probably 6?!

C.
 
ok, today is the filming day :) so stay tuned.

I said one but after closeer look i found at least 2.5 cars that is still present.

why 2.5? Becouse from RX7 GT1 is slighty older model that in next GT games, the two are Supra GT and NSX GT, well JGT i should say.

So, 3 movies from ALL GT games, and quite more without GTC scenes.

Anyway i only have 50MB of space that my ISP provides me and i'm also no so pretty noob in transcoding, clips should be in mpeg 1 (VCD), but if anyone is nterested in making DivX/Xvid out of mpeg 2 (DVD), just let me know and i try to upload bigger clip, rared in split. (just PM me).
 
why 2.5? Becouse from RX7 GT1 is slighty older model that in next GT games, the two are Supra GT and NSX GT, well JGT i should say.

The RX7 LM is not in concept or prologue.

The JGTC Supras and NSXs have changed in appearance, specification and sponsorship.

Here I was thinking that you had some brilliant nugget….
 
I mean regular a RX7 ;)
Sometimes you just forget to check if your post does make any sense, sorry...
 
Unfortunately there is only ONE car that is present in every game (GT1, GT2, GTC and GT4P), which is .... (You guess ;) )

Hate to break it to you…the RX7s that feature in the various GT’s are not the same one car. They do in fact represent the subtle evolution of the RX7. An RX7 type R in GT2 is not an RX7 type RZ from GT3. Just as an RZ is not the same car as the type R Bathurst (concept) or the Spirit type A in prologue. These are very similar to look at so they will serve your purpose, yet there is no one car that features unchanged in all versions of GT. The car that gets the closest is the R32 GTR Vspec II that is unchanged and selectable in all but concept.

Best of luck with it.
 
I was sure it was going to be the demio...
 
Back