A collection of questions/ideas

ACE_N_RANDIE
N/A
Well I finally got online again, it has been about a week since my last race. Kinda sad to see Daytona go away, but still some interesting expert races I think.

1. I've never really cared for Sazuka and don't understand exactly why that is the preferred track for a lot of people, my personal favorite is Fuji. But I was racing through it tonight and I was doing pretty well for myself I think. But I noticed right after the first two turns when you enter the S curves I constantly fell back in that area. Now I'm sure my line wasn't perfect and not racing Sazuka regularly doesn't help. But I was wondering on how most of the people on gtplanet got through this area. Do you all stick it out in one gear or are you constantly switching gears as you go in and out of these curves. Obviously the vehicle matters too but as a general rule how do you approach it(I was driving the Subaru STI WRX whilst I pondered this)? In the STI I played with both tactics each lap and with constantly shifting between 2nd and 3rd I wondered if all the time spent shifting so often was putting me further back in the pack. And then when I stuck it in 3rd gear to ride the whole S-curved section out it seemed all right except exiting a few corners at lower speeds the engine seemed sluggish and bogged down thus having a slower rate leaving this section of the course. Let the great S-curve debate begin?!

2. Also I finally stopped buying lesser priced cars hear and there and I finally bought the F40 at $450,000. I immediately jumped into the S class event where you must overtake all 15 in one lap...again, I went from driving my Mine's Skyline to the F40, but it seems to me that the Ferrari can't take a turn for squat! Anyone have their tuning setups for this event? Or better still general advice on piloting that massive thing? Entering corners, shift points, that type of thing. Also, I should say that I am unfortunately using the "toy" controller still. But hopefully I will get a wheel at the end of the month on account of the old 21st!

3. Lastly, I would love to see some slower races out there too! I love driving the DB9s and the like, but I've always wanted to race others in simple, daily drivers like the Integra. Or even more so the Citroens, and the Suzuki vehicles I think it would be a lot of fun. Or if PD could impliment some kind of system where drivers could share their race data with other competitors for racing improvement purposes. I think it would help a lot of novice and intermediate racers to be able to compare the way they gas and brake and turn on any given race track to the data of the seasoned racers out there. Just a thought.

So concludes this episode of "Ace's Questions & Ideas:dunce:" I look forward to hearing from you all!

Peace,
ACE_N_RANDIE

Most cars i work with the gearing untill i can stay in one gear the whole way thru. Some with narrow powerbands make this dificult but not impossable. You can also use this gearing to change how the car behaves in the S-curves. Case in point my beloved Blitz i liked the set up i had overall but it seamed rather tight in the S section. I was running 3rd all the way around the revs did drop a bit much in some spots but its got a huge power band so i didnt care but one race i acitentilly downshifted to 2nd and the car loosened up A lot. The added engine braking force on the rear tires from the higher ratio in 2nd was helpping the car turn.

Running in GT06 I come through the first left in 3rd and, as soon as I hit the entry point for the second turn I drop to second and that lets me punch round without braking (amazing how many cars disappear in my mirror right around there. From there I'm in second gear balancing brakes and throttle all the way into dunlop where I shift to 3rd at about 100mph at the top of the hill.

Running in GT06 I come through the first left in 3rd and, as soon as I hit the entry point for the second turn I drop to second and that lets me punch round without braking (amazing how many cars disappear in my mirror right around there. From there I'm in second gear balancing brakes and throttle all the way into dunlop where I shift to 3rd at about 100mph at the top of the hill.

Not me :) because i don't use the brakes through 1 and 2 of the esses in my Viper/T, maybe a slight touch if im not perfectly on line. I run the entire section in 1 gear as well up until Dunlop. The reason alot of people are fast in the esses is the downforce and generally better handling offered by /Tuned cars.

I usually pass those in 3rd gear, and I loose position only in the first lap because of the carnage that other drivers tend to do, but after that, if I've started 12th, I usually finish in top 5

Much depend on the car and tune up used.

I mainly now racing with a tuned Mitsubishi Evo X. Tuned for acceleration so I must take T1 in 5th, break to shiftdown in 4th. accelerate out of turn to shift to 5th and that's repeated to the curves.
It deffinitely works for me and there is where I can overtake and make the distance between opponents bigger as on the straights the Evo X hasn't got a high top end speed
But it's mainly breaking or steady throttling before the apex and accelerating after the apex

Bryan

Back