A couple issues/questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter cygnus_zero
  • 20 comments
  • 2,028 views
Messages
549
Messages
CygnusZero
- The AI isnt what it should be. First of all they dont seem to even be aware of your presence. That's just impossible to live with after coming from forza where the AI drivers will react to you.

- The AI again, if you do that top gear track challenge with those big slow VW's, you can tell on every straight that even though that all have the exact same vehicle as you, they can actually accelerate faster. I think this was done because PD is trying to force us to win that race in the corners, but this isnt realistic, and its cheap. Happens with the karts too.

- And my 1 question. Ive looked everywhere for replay youtube uploading. Does that even exist?
 
- The AI isnt what it should be. First of all they dont seem to even be aware of your presence. That's just impossible to live with after coming from forza where the AI drivers will react to you.

- The AI again, if you do that top gear track challenge with those big slow VW's, you can tell on every straight that even though that all have the exact same vehicle as you, they can actually accelerate faster. I think this was done because PD is trying to force us to win that race in the corners, but this isnt realistic, and its cheap. Happens with the karts too.

- And my 1 question. Ive looked everywhere for replay youtube uploading. Does that even exist?

I've gotta disagree with the first two points... the cars in Forza are notorious for choosing their line and sticking to it, if you cross it they don't care, you get smacked. I've noticed a lot of good AI in GT5 so far, sure if you're driving like a maniac they won't be able to react fast enough, but if you're racing properly they'll back off when they know they're in trouble.

As for the vans, I managed to overtake a bunch of them on the follow-through, if they're faster than you it's because they're drafting and you're not.

I think YouTube uploads were another false promise or possibly a future update.
 
I have a question? How do I unlock Nurbrugring Nordschlief. Do I need all golds on the AMG special Test?

bronze on the intermediate will do it
 
- The AI again, if you do that top gear track challenge with those big slow VW's, you can tell on every straight that even though that all have the exact same vehicle as you, they can actually accelerate faster. I think this was done because PD is trying to force us to win that race in the corners, but this isnt realistic, and its cheap. Happens with the karts too.

Maybe you gotta learn to drive better ? Vans and Kart arent going faster than me on straight.

And nice attitude too.
 
I agree, they aren't going faster through any cheap tricks, they've just either taken a faster line out of the corner than you or they're drafting you.

As for the AI, it's been pretty good imo so far, they're holding thier lines round corners when I'm side by side instead of blindly pulling into me and they aren't bashing into the back of me in breaking zones.
 
I thought the AI was pretty good on the Nurbrugring. Slower cars move over for you if you bap your horn on the approach.
 
- The AI isnt what it should be. First of all they dont seem to even be aware of your presence. That's just impossible to live with after coming from forza where the AI drivers will react to you.

The AI are alot better than they used to be in previous GTs, and they will react to you, and acknowledge your presence.



Check at 50 seconds. A car in previous GTs would have completely ignored me and turned in on me, but he gave me room
 
The minibus event on the Topgear test track... Aren't they just using slipstream? i usually just break a bit in front of them and they slow down too. (rear view mirror is nice? :P)

Still only managed to get 5th place or something ;< its so slow and boring!
 
I think the ai are great, they avoid you nicely. I also get the impression they hit you on purpose. It's a japanese racing technique to bump a driver in the rear quarter to make an overtaking move. However it will make you spin if you're not used to your car.

In the topgear challenge one driver would constantly ram me and spin me; only that one driver would do it. I think they have personalities.
 
Hi , i have only had a chance to do a few arcade races and have a look round the game at present...work and all that:crazy:
How do i find the karting events?

Cheers
Simon:tup:
 
Check at 50 seconds. A car in previous GTs would have completely ignored me and turned in on me, but he gave me room

Why would he have turned in on you? He's clearly riding the line which ends on the outside at the end of the corner.

From what I have experienced so far, the AI is trash.
 
sigh, it was maybe a bad example but what he meant is in there, i personally haven't got a single bad ai moment, no more hits in the back, actually alot of fights around the line. But yeah, i don't swerve to left and right with analog dualschock.... i try to race the line too...

That's when magic happens, a wheel and a clear mindset on racing... instead of trying to look cool with DS...
 
I've also got a replay where I dived up the inside of an AI car, and it moved out of my way. That's unheard of for a GT game.
 
Yep, that's what i'm saying, the whole ai has been unheard off, total new rebuild...

Loving it! :)
 
Yeah my bad, the farther I get into the career mode the more examples of excellent AI I see. It almost seems like the AI is adapting to my driving style over time which is scary because I'm pretty sure that's how skynet starts.
 
AI is great, in some cases, they even know how to prevent you from passing them.
 
The AI is much improved,it will never be perfect and act like humans though. I`ve noticed the AI will give you racing room and you can force them into making a mistake too. They do seem to have a personality too, i was beeping my horn and bumping the rear of a car on tsukuba turn 1. As i acclerated past him on the inside coming out of the turn he shifted over and tapped the rear of my car and around i went. I thought i squeezed him out of room but when i watched the replay i could see what happened. It`s good to know. ............ Note to self give the AI a little more respect,they react to you!
 
Back