A couple of "drifting words" Japanese users needed

• Thread starter HKS racer
  • 8 comments

HKS racer

(Banned)
Hi, I'm working on a drift skin for Gtr2 and I want to add a couple of words in japanese, I don't really trust google translator, so due to my ignorance I have no other way to ensure these words make sense, doesn't sound weird, noobish or moronic. Could you please forgive me I need a little help with translations :)

Anyway this is the result with goolge translator so far:

Drifting Japan -> 漂流日本

Rising Sun -> ライジングサン

Drift Skills -> ドリフトのスキル

Is it ok or.. it sounds crap? Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm working on a drift skin for Gtr2 and I want to add a couple of words in japanese, I don't really trust google translator, so due to my ignorance I have no other way to ensure these words make sense, doesn't sound weird, noobish or moronic. Could you please forgive me I need a little help with translations :)

Drifting Japan -> 漂流日本

Rising Sun -> ライジングサン

Drift Skills -> ドリフトのスキル

I think the Drifting Japan is correct. I don't know the Rising Sun and Drift Skills.

If you ask Speedy Samurai, he might be able to help. He could just give you a sentence that means something about gundams and hockey though.

I speak Japanese and they all look fine, but I'm not sure about the Drifting Japan. My Kanji knowledge isn't that great...

Rising sun and drift skills are spot on, but I dont know about drifting japan. All I know is "日本" or "Nihon" which means Japan, but I dont know about the other kanji.

Drifting Japan -> 漂流日本

Rising Sun -> ライジングサン

Drift Skills -> ドリフトのスキル

Drifting doesn't use the kanji as you have there. It's almost always just ドリフト. so you only need write ドリフト日本.

The most common kanji for sun rise is 日出. If you want rising sun, well, this is more accurate; 旭日. However, that kanji is used in old literature/poetry and was often associated with the old japanese flag (order of the rising sun, etc), which is also associated with japanese militarism.

Skills in japanese is usually 技術.

However, that kanji is used in old literature/poetry and was often associated with the old japanese flag (order of the rising sun, etc), which is also associated with japanese militarism.
Imo, when I think of "rising sun" I think of the Rising Sun flag and purposely associate it with Imperial Japan's military. I'm not sure how Japanese people feel about that, but we Japanese car fans have pretty much embraced it. Especially in competition like drifting, what better symbol to have on your 240 or RX7 than that of the Imperial Japanese Navy? :lol:

Many Thanks for the replies guys, very useful!! I made some progess on the skin yesterday I'm gonna edit with the new kanji later. I'll show you when they'll release the 1.0 version. In the meanwhile I found a nice video on yt, some tuning action, drifting and burnout. 👍

Back