A couple of questions

• Thread starter too cold
  • 14 comments
cali_riz
When drifting off line, what mode are you using? I've noticed a pretty big difference between arcade & GT mode (practice) and between TT's & drift trial.
Which leads me to my second question. How do you avoid cooking your front tires? Seems like as soon as I start getting a groove going & linking 3 corners or so on maybe my 2nd lap I'll lose the front end. I'm not running front camber past 2.5 and 0 toe. On ch tires.

Last edited:
I always use GT life in arcade and never drift mode, and turn tyre ware off if your tyres are going too quickly. If they are gone in only two laps you're probably using comfort softs, try comfort hards they last a good 5-10 minutes of straight drifting. (straight drifting, hmmm)

Just turn tyre wear off 👍

Also, increase your front camber to at least 4.5 (I have mine between 5.5-7.0 on most cars), it will help with stability in drift trust me. If you don't like it then I can't stop you using the setup you're comfortable with, just giving tips.

Also, increase your front camber to at least 4.5 (I have mine between 5.5-7.0 on most cars), it will help with stability in drift trust me. If you don't like it then I can't stop you using the setup you're comfortable with, just giving tips.

I have mine at 4 and even I think thats ridiculous.

I tried it and it was waaaaay less front traction =S

unfortunately we don't get the luxury of seeing which part of the wheel heats up so we gotsta tune camber visually=[

or by feel . . . thats how u do it in gt psp

K1ngKlicK

That's far too much to be useful. All that does is lessen the contact patch and kill what traction there is left. Also rear camber should be kept to a minimum. Not only does it look better, but with the right setup the performance is better. And dare I say it, but that's how real drift cars are setup higher front camber low or no rear camber.

Maybe I'm missing something but when the game boots up I can choose gt mode or arcade. In gt mode I can "practice" with no option to turn off tire wear, if I go to arcade the only way (I believe) to turn off tire wear is in a race with ai cars on track. I have U.S. version. I use between 0-1.0 camber in rear. If I could run practice laps with no tire wear without "bob's" on the track it would be nice. I've only had the game a month or so. Been workin' on the real life drift car(z32). I only drift that one in the rain though, easier on the old girl.

Last edited:
In arcade and practice theres no option to turn ON tyre ware. Is the tyre bar going down or is it just glowing red?

if you don't know how the tire wear works yet there's a really easy way to see it in action.

equip comfort soft on a powerful car and then do some donuts at the start line of an arcade race with "tire wear" set into the "on" position

you will notice that that tire pictures are rounded rectangle frames with rectangles inside. the inside rectangles deplete like the fuel bar - dig it ?
what you are percieving as tire wear is just the tires heating on the corners. tire wear is automaticly off when no one else is on the track. I think they don't let you do tire wear in time trial so that you don't have to pit during your practice sess

It's heat, not wear. That's why I said "cooking" the tires in the original post. So do you guys just deal with it? I can still drift with them red it just seems to happen at the worst times. The set of corners before the first tunnel at Grand Valley for instance. just wondering if there was a cure for it.

oh . . . yeah man, I guess that's just the way it is.

I didn't even realize it affected performance, I just thought when it is red it meant that you are (or would be) eating your tires up.

It's heat, not wear. That's why I said "cooking" the tires in the original post. So do you guys just deal with it? I can still drift with them red it just seems to happen at the worst times. The set of corners before the first tunnel at Grand Valley for instance. just wondering if there was a cure for it.

Well in that case it's just you. I feel no grip difference at all when the tyres are red and if they weren't red you wouldn't be drifting with a great deal of angle.

Back