A Disaster!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Uday9479
  • 19 comments
  • 1,952 views
Messages
1,848
India
Mumbai
Messages
UnlikeUday
I'm sure many of us must've raced the Tuscan Night Race in Special Events! Well I can describe this race as nothing but a disaster!

Because the race starts from Dusk & ends at night, the headlights of the car are by default switched on & even though if I were to put it on high beam, NO DAMN THING CAN BE SEEN!

Only this race has such poor graphics! It's like driving a grea car through a nightmare! At times it feels as if the car is being driven on a pitch black road without the headlights & then it's expected out of us to come 1st in the race where we can't even see the road!

I literally have to follow the map for turning the car! As always the AI's run on rails & they continue to be on pace throughout!

Other than driving on Tsukuba circuit, I hate this race because out here we are not just competing against the AI's but even against the lighting & graphics!
 
Turn on the driving line :D

On my TV it isn't toooo dark but it is a night race. You could try increasing the brightness on your TV.
 
Turn on the driving line :D

On my TV it isn't toooo dark but it is a night race. You could try increasing the brightness on your TV.

But pal as you know it's not just a matter of increasing the brightness! If I were to play a night race for any other segment, everything looks good & natural but here there are times where I can't even see the headlight beam falling on the road ahead! I know the road has its ups & downs but out of all the possible night races that can be taken part in, this is by far the ugliest!
 
I'm sure many of us must've raced the Tuscan Night Race in Special Events! Well I can describe this race as nothing but a disaster!

Because the race starts from Dusk & ends at night, the headlights of the car are by default switched on & even though if I were to put it on high beam, NO DAMN THING CAN BE SEEN!

Only this race has such poor graphics! It's like driving a grea car through a nightmare! At times it feels as if the car is being driven on a pitch black road without the headlights & then it's expected out of us to come 1st in the race where we can't even see the road!

I literally have to follow the map for turning the car! As always the AI's run on rails & they continue to be on pace throughout!

Other than driving on Tsukuba circuit, I hate this race because out here we are not just competing against the AI's but even against the lighting & graphics!

That can't be. Something must be wrong with your television or your PS3, because one of the updates secretly fixed the faulty headlights. They work perfectly fine now, and have for a few months, I believe. When I did the event I was able to see more or less as you would expect to see at night with headlights.

The reason I say that they fixed them is that they used to aim horizontally, no matter what angle your car was at, even if your car is pointing up or down a hill, so on hills headlights were worthless. Now they actually point where your car is pointing so you can see up and down hills.
 
That can't be. Something must be wrong with your television or your PS3, because one of the updates secretly fixed the faulty headlights. They work perfectly fine now, and have for a few months, I believe. When I did the event I was able to see more or less as you would expect to see at night with headlights.

The reason I say that they fixed them is that they used to aim horizontally, no matter what angle your car was at, even if your car is pointing up or down a hill, so on hills headlights were worthless. Now they actually point where your car is pointing so you can see up and down hills.

Nothing wrong with my TV as it's a new 24" LCD TV! Maybe I just need to install an update for my game!
 
Turn the driving line on for that race and once you're through with it never visit it again.
 
Ever tried driving on a country road without road lights in the middle of the night? You don't see ****.
 
Nothing wrong with my TV as it's a new 24" LCD TV! Maybe I just need to install an update for my game!

updated it 1st before you want to make a comment. It is not logic to comment without updating to the latest patch.
 
If the headlight thing has actually been fixed, then maybe I'll re-visit this hideous challenge. Last time, I got the Bronze and walked away before I threw my controller at the TV, so I kinda agree with the OP...

{Cy}
 
Nothing wrong with my TV as it's a new 24" LCD TV! Maybe I just need to install an update for my game!

make sure you don't have auto brightness on, i have a setting on my tv that sets the brightness down, i can't even see s*** on ssr7
 
I agree that the headlights doesn't really light up much of the road. But the difference to real life is not as big as one might think, because the speed is so much higher in a Lambo that it looks like you only see a few meters ahead of you when it's really hundred meters. The world approaches you faster when you go 200 km/h than when you go 100 km/h :)

This race (if it's the Gran Tour event you're talking about?) is probably on of the most difficult, because you can't really see that much of the track. So you can't drive "a vista" on it, you need to learn the track first. Once you've learned it, it gets a lot easier.

EDIT: Actually, while speaking of headlights, there was (still is?) a pretty funny bug with the headlights of the VW Golf V (premium), the low beams pointes straight ahead (much higher than it should) and the high beams pointed towards the sky. I noticed it when driving on Nordschleife in the night, when I switched to high beams the road went black, but I could see the treetops perfectly :)
 
I have a Pioneer Kuro 40 inch (I think) and I struggle to see the bloody road too.

I got a Silver in the end but I agree this Special Event was not as refined.
 
Why are people complaining about the darkness? I LOVE night races in pitch black! That's how it is in real life... I sometimes turn down the EV in the game options...

... Except for the ridiculous Toscana event. Going uphill I cannot see 🤬
 
That's how it is in real life...

But that's the point, certainly pre any update, headlights didn't function anything like real life. They either illuminated a patch three feet in front of the bumper, or the sky. Neither of which is particularly useful. The headlights on my poxy Fiesta do a better job than the in-game headlights...

{Cy}
 
Why are people complaining about the darkness? I LOVE night races in pitch black! That's how it is in real life... I sometimes turn down the EV in the game options...

... Except for the ridiculous Toscana event. Going uphill I cannot see 🤬

Uuh that's the race the OP is referring to. Tuscan(y) is an alternative (anglicised) spelling of Toscana, the region of Italy. It also happens to be the name of a TVR, perhaps this confused you :)
 
Eat lots of fish and carrots to improve seeing in the dark (I've seen it in the online manual) :lol:
 
I'm sure many of us must've raced the Tuscan Night Race in Special Events! Well I can describe this race as nothing but a disaster!

Because the race starts from Dusk & ends at night, the headlights of the car are by default switched on & even though if I were to put it on high beam, NO DAMN THING CAN BE SEEN!

Only this race has such poor graphics! It's like driving a great car through a nightmare! At times it feels as if the car is being driven on a pitch black road without the headlights & then it's expected out of us to come 1st in the race where we can't even see the road!

Yeah, its a tough race!

Initially, I felt the same thing that you mention above...... How can we possibly win the race when we can't see the track?

However, it can be done in time.

1st) Turn on driving line
2nd) Practice, practice, practice (eventually you will begin to memorize the track)
3rd) Win Trophy after about 2 hours

Some have mentioned adjusting their TV's, but I was never able to change my TV enough to get any benefit.

Lastly, close your eyes and use the "Force" HA!

Actually, after about 1 1/2 hours, I was starting to get close to winning, so the challenge became quite enjoyable as I keep trying to find ways to get ever closer to the 1st place car.

Good luck!
GTsail
 
Last edited:
Ever tried driving on a country road without road lights in the middle of the night? You don't see ****.

I agree with you 100%. But then the AI shouldn't drive like it CAN see...

In the end I also switched on the driving line to gold it after 2 hours plus learning the track (and that STILL wasn't enough), but that shouldn't be the way it's supposed to be.
 
Wait till you get to try vetel's x2010 challenge... Lots of lights, great speed, high grips... and sky high frustration!
 
OH God, PD has made the night very dark! Bad PD, baaaad.... :D
 
Back