A Dummy At The GTWC.

• Thread starter CarBastard
  • 6 comments
Colombia
Bogota,Colombia
GTP_ARP93
Im using RVV's Mazda 787B, to commemorate their 1000th post (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96236&), and because its a very good car. Bob will come to some races i dislike. (Although i fired him after the SS fiasco). However i re-contracted him by accident and he did the last races that scared me because i was inexperienced with the tracks.

The Line-Up is quite grim:

-Minolta Toyota 88C-V
-Nissan R92CP
-Nissan R89C
-AMG CLK-GTR
-Gillet Vertigo

Not because the CLK and the Vertigo. The 3 Group C's mean they are 87 A-Spec (or 105, dont ask me why it changed with the same tires) point Races on hard tires. .

The first venue is at Tokyo, a track i know like the back of my hand (See my enduro report)...Check the next post for my updates.

TIPS AND SUPPORT AND ANY COMMENTS, VERY MUCH WELCOME

(Reserved for the updates and contributions)

Race 1: Tokyo R246. "I know it as the back of my hand...Dude!!, this bit is new!!"

I arrive at Tokyo with my RVV-Backed Mazda. Im the third one to arrive, and the track’s silence is only disturbed by an AMG CLK-GTR and a Gilllet Vertigo. I ran a practice lap on R3’s and set off to quialify. The car drives very well, feels solid, doesn’t want to kill you. I don’t feel times pass as Bob tells me trough the radio that I am the pole sitter today!!!. I change to R2's to eliminate the need to pit. The race starts and the Minolta starts pushing. He keeps bitting my arse. Praetorian said the Minolta was sandbox-deprived as a child, i say he had quite a lot of spanking as a child and wants revenge with me. However there are not many position changes and on the last stretch of the track i always pull around 2 second out of him. Time goes fast, but by lap 5 i am captured by an ambush. Before entering the last bit of the track i like, the Minolta, the R92, and the R89 slam on my front, rear and sides, leaving me on 4th place. But not for much time. By lap 8 i was already in 1st again, very close from the 2nd place, and the Minolta loses its place to the R92. However, all of them pit on lap 9!!! I Won the race by more than 30 sec, Making it promising for the rest of the championship.

Race 2: Motegi Super Speedway. "Urgh...I hate oval tracks"

"Let me do it!, Remember who won SS 150 miles..."
"Ok Bob, go and do it".
I go and check some papers while Bob races only to find out he is a complete , son of the 🤬, go 🤬 yourself!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!! The race ends with the 787B lapped and with a medal...
A MEDAL!!!!! YOU KNOW WHAT A MEDAL IS!!!!!!!!!???????? ITS WORTHLESS, ITS JUNK!!!!!!!!, ITS MADE OUT WITH A PENNY STICKED OVER CARDBOARD!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WONT TOUCH MY 787B EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! EVER BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!, YOU ARE FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Race 3: Hong Kong. "Tight turns. I dont suck so much here ...Oh wait, i did ".

I won the pole on hard tires. Then switched to R5's and upgraded the brakes to Duck's setting (8/8). Let's see how it goes...WRONG. BAD. NOT GOOD!!!!!!! Hong Kong isnt a track for this high speed monsters!!!!!!!! WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING PD??????? YOU ARE FIRED LIKE BOB!!!!!!!, Oh wait, i cant do that. Anyway, on lap 7 under a 30 second advantage, behind the CLK-GTR, the car had "a blow-up". Nope, the tires didnt blew, the driver's mood did.

Race 4: Seoul Central Reverse. "Tight, WIDE, NOT SO turns. Straights. I'm quite good here!. (Seriously!)".

Again, pole on hard tires. At the beginning some nooby mistakes costed me first place, i was between 0.5 and 2.x seconds behind the minolta. At around lap 4 there was an awkward moment at the second corner when the Minolta went very much to the left and i very much to the right. The circuit tightens here and only one of us could go trough. !!! I hitted the wall and completely stopped, that pushed me and im stuck here!!! . Yep, thats what the dude driving the Minolta said . That gave me 3.5 seconds and the lead. Then it was just a matter of time, i was between 6.5 and 9.x seconds in front of him, and then he pitted on lap 14. I wasnt sure wether to pit or not. My tires were lime-green and i wasnt sure if they would last 5 laps more. I decide to pit on lap 15 and the R89C joins me. I tell to the mechanics trough the radio to forget the fuel and just give me a set of R4's for the closing. They obey and i exit the pits right in front of the R92. Again a slight nooby mistake costs me second place, but we go battling all the lap for first place, i am first at the end of the circular bit surrounding the temple, then he pits. The rest of the laps go effortlessly, with me breaking new lap records with the unbelivably soft tires. I get another nice gold cup and 10 points, 30 something seconds ahead of the Minolta.

Race 5: El Capitan. "I know this track...Wait...Do I really know it???"

Besides the 2hr Enduro, this is the most important event in Yosemite. Im quite excited because im not-so-bad at this track. The qualifying starts and i demonstrate it, with a first lap 3.x seconds faster than the Minolta. Yep, pole again . Its promising. But at the beginning of the race, the price to the Dummy of the year is again, mine. I inadvertedly selected B-spec instead of A-spec, and i had to give Bob a call and an undiserved apologize. Also, the Mazda placed...1st?. Yeah. I rush to the podium to congratulate Bob, it looks like he has a use after all. By lap 8 he was on 3rd place behind the Minolta and the R89, but they pitted on lap 9, meanwhile he still had yellowish tires. I told him to reduce the pace and avoid the pits, and he did. He won by something like 13.x seconds to the Minolta. Im thinking in hiring him again...but not in this championship, no sir, from now on, its just me alone.

Point Standings after the 5th race:
1. Minolta Toyota 88C-V. 34 Points.
2. Mazda 787B. 33 Points.
3. Nissan R92CP. 26 Points.
4. Nissan R89C. 19 Points.
5. Mercedes Benz CLK-GTR. 11 Points.
6. Gillet Vertigo. 6 Points.

Race 6: New York. "Sir, could you please take that orange car off the buildings entrance?, Thank you."

Im quite good here, proof of that is another qualifing session with more than 3 seconds of advantage to the Minolta. The pack was divided in 4. Me, the Minolta, the R92, and then the R89, the CLK, and the Vertigo. Looks like the R89 isnt good here. But I am. The race starts and i make the Minolta look my tail-lights for a while, then im gone. Advantages of well over 9 seconds were normal. Finishing lap 9 my R2's were yellowish, i thought in pitting but i went on. The Minolta and R92CP pit , i smelt that. Anyway, i do a good lap and by the end of lap 10 i visit the pits, again, no fuel and R'4s, more than enough for the 5 laps left. The R89C joins me in the pits. I re-join the race to find the Minolta was 16 seconds behind me, distance that then got stretched to more than 23 seconds. To all of you, capitalists in your tall boxy buildings, Hear the roar of my freedom powered 787B!!!!. Finally, im ahead again of the Minolta in the point standings. And this being a 115 A-Spec point race.

Race 7. Opera Paris Reverse. "Merde, ce qu'est un beau circuit serré et ce n'est!" (", what a tight and beautiful circuit this is!".)

My biggest problem with Opera Paris. You see, the scenery is very realistic. Paris is very beautiful, and i have memories from a trip i did. And i was there. So i cant keep staring at the Opera house or at the Obelisk saying "Dude, what a great trip it was" and that makes me crash. Sometimes . In qualifying the Minolta ends 4th (Not your day pal ), the R89C second (This might be your time!!!), and I, 3.217 seconds, ahead of the R89, lets see how it goes. The race begins and i lead. I lead until around lap 6, when the 89C catches me. That gets me mad, so at the last bit of the complex corners part i close him and smash his car against a wall . The Minolta and the R92CP catch him. By the end of the lap is when trouble comes. The R92CP and me being trading places, and about to finish the lap, he hits my tail and makes me spin . Thats 8 seconds down to you. (Note to PD: For future games, please, make the AI less unnecesarily agressive). I am at 4th position when we visit the pits. No fuel but same R2 tires, and im off with the same time difference. Laps go on but it doesnt change. However, at around lap 15 i overtake (cleanly, i dont want more accidents caused by Karma here) the R92CP and the R89C. The Minolta wins. I come second 10 seconds behind.

What worries me now is whats next. Suzuka, GVS, and the Holy Sarthe Circuit. That means trouble, they arent "ダミー - Safe" circuits. I think ill save, wait for some advice and then go on. EDIT: I messed up. Got nervous about the racing and asked Bob to do them for me. I did it because i didnt wanted to mess up the championship, after all i barely know La Sarthe, I brake too much in Suzuka, and i completely ignored the existance of GVS. Anyways, he got second place on Suzuka and first on GVS and La Sarthe. When im done with my driving school project ill re-do this races in A-Spec and post the results here . Anyway, the finish of La Sarthe was freakin exciting. I qualified 2nd and Bob kept behind the Minolta. The Minolta pitted on lap 3 and when i got back to my room Bob was second to the R92CP on the final lap, ON THE FINAL CHICANE!!!, and guess what, THE R92 SPUN IT IN FRONT OF BOB!!!

Anyway, sorry people, ive ruined it. I just didint wanted to waste all my effort. One of this days...

Last edited:
^^ Vince's post was made before hand when CB was trying an R8...

Anyhow, small note: Don't pit until the tires are a nice shade of orange, the handling doesn't go away enough for the time lost on a pit stop to be worth it.

Latest Posts

Back