A few questions from a newbie

  • Thread starter Thread starter Daco
  • 9 comments
  • 807 views
Messages
37
Messages
DacoBirdman
Hey, so I'm new to the GT series, I've always wanted to play it, but never has a PS System, and now that I do, I had to jump on it. I'm having a great time, but I have a few questions.

First off,
Where are all the cars? From the start, I don't have every car unlocked, do I? I mean, I can see the lvl 20 cars, but I can't purchase them, are there lvl 7 cars that aren't there because I need to do something to unlock them? Because in the Nissan section, there aren't all that many cars considering the amount on the list.

Secondly,
Is there a way to organize my cars better? or is it doing it automatically somehow? And what is the difference between the Premium and Standard billings of the cars?

Thirdly,
Whats with the commands in B-Spec? I assume overtake means to try to overtake the car in front. But the Pace buttons, do those just mean, try to drive faster, drive slower, drive the same speed? And why is there what seems like a timer on them? If the overtake isn't completed in that time, do I have to do it again? And is it better to have a driver thats cool or hot? And what are the benefits of each?

Thats all I can think of right now, as I'm at work and not in front of my PS3, but I may have more later. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.
 
Answer to #1: All the "Premium" cars are listed in the dealerships and available to buy at any time as long as you have the proper level and amount of credits. The "Standard" cars will show up seemingly at random in the Used Car lot. (Side note: make sure to give any newly purchased used car an immediate oil change!) The used cars have their own level designations, as well.
 
Ahhh, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you. Any way to sort the Used Car Lot? Last time I was there is was kind of all over the place, and when I hit the sort button, it didn't seem to do much, or at least it still seemed unorganized to me.
 
Hey, so I'm new to the GT series, I've always wanted to play it, but never has a PS System, and now that I do, I had to jump on it. I'm having a great time, but I have a few questions.

First off,
Where are all the cars? From the start, I don't have every car unlocked, do I? I mean, I can see the lvl 20 cars, but I can't purchase them, are there lvl 7 cars that aren't there because I need to do something to unlock them? Because in the Nissan section, there aren't all that many cars considering the amount on the list.

The cars are in two sections 'premium and 'standard'. Premium are highly detailed cars and you will find them in the Dealership. Standard cars are of lower detail and can be found in the Used Car Dealership. The used car dealership updates after every race with an additional 6 cars, so you have to check back to see if there is anything that takes your fancy.
The other thing that you mentioned is levelling up, for example you can't begin to play the game and expect to buy a Lamborghini, they are unlocked once you have earnt enough experience from licenses/driving challenges/races.

Secondly,
Is there a way to organize my cars better? or is it doing it automatically somehow? And what is the difference between the Premium and Standard billings of the cars?

When you go in to your garage there are various options on the left hand side that you can use to filter and arrange the cars in your garage. 'Premium' cars will be listed on one tab and 'Standard' cars will be listed on another. You can set cars as favourites and they will appear on you favourites tab and can be a mixture of 'standard' and 'premium'. However, I think that there is a limit to how many favourites you can have in there.
The easiest way I have found is by going to a race event and at the track selection screen go to your garage on the right hand side, the only cars listed are the ones that you have that are elegible for that event.

Thirdly,
Whats with the commands in B-Spec? I assume overtake means to try to overtake the car in front. But the Pace buttons, do those just mean, try to drive faster, drive slower, drive the same speed? And why is there what seems like a timer on them? If the overtake isn't completed in that time, do I have to do it again? And is it better to have a driver thats cool or hot? And what are the benefits of each?

Yes, they mean to drive faster/slower/maintain pace. The timer is so that you can not 'spam' the commands, you have to wait a certain amount of time until you can give the next command. Once you have given a command the driver will continue to do what (s)he was told until they receive another command, so you don't have to tell them twice to do something unless it is really necessary to do so.
In addition, if you are constantly giving commands to the driver their stress bar will go in to the red, if it's in the red they are more likely to make mistakes. On the flip side if it drops too far in to the blue I have found that the driver starts slacking.
A general rule for myself is if they are stressed and in the red, tell them to decrease pace. If they are in the blue I tell them to get a move on.

I hope this helps.
 
Last edited:
I believe the only 2 options for sorting the used cars are by "Just In" (which are the new arrivals to the used lot) and "Price" which will put the least expensive ones on top. I tend to sort by price. If anybody else knows of a different sorting method, that would be much appreciated knowledge on my end, as well.
 
Secondly,
Is there a way to organize my cars better? or is it doing it automatically somehow? And what is the difference between the Premium and Standard billings of the cars?
Yes, you can ad filters on the lower left. Max hp and so on. Than with the triangle button you can ad favourite which will separate your favourite cars in another garage (premium/standard/Favourite garages on the left)

Thirdly,
Whats with the commands in B-Spec? I assume overtake means to try to overtake the car in front. But the Pace buttons, do those just mean, try to drive faster, drive slower, drive the same speed? And why is there what seems like a timer on them? If the overtake isn't completed in that time, do I have to do it again? And is it better to have a driver thats cool or hot? And what are the benefits of each?
A hot driver drives faster but makes more mistakes! When he is all hot he will spin out and such. When you are behind a car and say faster, that will increase the hot mode. Than say takeover and he will be at 80% there for after a takeover you should say hold the speed for some time till he is cool again. But Tbh for me B-spec is useless I don´t see the fun of giving orders to a driver when I can drive for myself.
Could be that my wife likes this mode: "Uh watch out, don´t drive so fast, no no the distance is to small...":sly:
 
Do the cars always stay in the Used Lot? Or will they vanish after a time?
 
Do the cars always stay in the Used Lot? Or will they vanish after a time?

They will "vanish" then come back around later on, often times in different colors, as well.
 
They will "vanish" then come back around later on, often times in different colors, as well.

At the moment it appears that they don't actually come back in different colours. What you may see is the same model but from a different year, in a different colour.
 
Thirdly,
Whats with the commands in B-Spec? I assume overtake means to try to overtake the car in front. But the Pace buttons, do those just mean, try to drive faster, drive slower, drive the same speed? And why is there what seems like a timer on them? If the overtake isn't completed in that time, do I have to do it again? And is it better to have a driver thats cool or hot? And what are the benefits of each?

From what I have observed so far, when you give a command, Bob will drive as commanded until the timer runs out, then he will gradually slow down. If you want him to run the fastest possible, you will need to command him to Pace Up repeatedly as soon as the timer expires. However this will keep him in the 'red zone' and thus make him lose strength and make mistakes. If you let him run without commands the lap times slow considerably and any lead generated early on (when making overtake commands) may be lost as the race nears the end. So leaving him to run the race while you leave to take a break or whatever is a risky plan. I have had the best luck by getting him in a good lead early on, letting him cool down once he is in the lead then commanding him to Pace up on the straights and pace Down or Maintain Pace through the more technical areas of the track each lap. In this way his meter moves up and down through the lap so neither getting too high or too low - but keeping him in the area of his personality. Just my observations though by trying different things and watching the lap times so I may not be 100% correct on this - I'm still looking for a good and accurate guide on b-spec.
 
Back