A few questions guys.....

• Thread starter tony_dudz
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi, i'm new to the forum here but i've been lurking for some time over the last decade or so of GT games. I have a few questions, mainly to do with online play.

Is it possible to use a mic and a steering wheel at the same time? As i have no mic connection built into my steering wheel. The reason this seems dodgey is because with the PS4, each controller is linked to an account on your playstaion. Party Chat does not work at all like this. I find it crazy that in 2017 you can't use a mic and a wheel at the same time on the biggest franchise Sony own.

Is there an invite system in this game? Me and my mate looked ages last night for an invite system, even though it clearly says that you can invite in the tips section when you click on lobby.

I am loving this game. Probably the most immersive game i've played since Half Life 2.

That is all.

Thanks in advance guys :) Appreciate any replies.

1 start your ps4 with your controller and log in, and after that press the ps button on your wheel also log in!!

Now you can use controller for mic and wheel for racing!!

(i start the game up with the wheel,.. because with some games the games sees what controller you are using, and if you start it up with the controller it thinks you only have the controller attached!!)

1 start your ps4 with your controller and log in, and after that press the ps button on your wheel also log in!!

Now you can use controller for mic and wheel for racing!!

(i start the game up with the wheel,.. because with some games the games sees what controller you are using, and if you start it up with the controller it thinks you only have the controller attached!!)

@Bjorn Lucas

I've tried this both ways but the PS4 logs me out of each device so i can't use the 2 simultaneously. Or doy ou mean, power off the console, turn the console on using a controller, log in, then start wheel up and then log in? Thanks for replying man :)

@Bjorn Lucas

I've tried this both ways but the PS4 logs me out of each device so i can't use the 2 simultaneously. Or doy ou mean, power off the console, turn the console on using a controller, log in, then start wheel up and then log in? Thanks for replying man :)

Nope;

start your ps4 as normal with controler and log in.

if you now plug in the wheel it will calibrate,,.. after calibration push the ps/home button, just log in as the same you did with controller.

It should not shut down your controller.

(maybe you have your wheelpase on ps3?? button on the left side of the wheelbase!)

Hope it works....

Nope;

start your ps4 as normal with controler and log in.

if you now plug in the wheel it will calibrate,,.. after calibration push the ps/home button, just log in as the same you did with controller.

It should not shut down your controller.

(maybe you have your wheelpase on ps3?? button on the left side of the wheelbase!)

Hope it works....
I will switch to PS3 side and then switch it to the PS4 side tonight to reset it sort of. It's only a Thurstmaster T80 but i'm constantly coming in the top 8 online so i'm not gonna upgrade just yet. I will let you know how it goes @Bjorn Lucas THANK YOU.

P.s Is my wheel supposed to calibrate? I haven't seen a calibration screen yet but the wheel is definitley supported. I wonder if there is a firmware i have to download.

I will switch to PS3 side and then switch it to the PS4 side tonight to reset it sort of. It's only a Thurstmaster T80 but i'm constantly coming in the top 8 online so i'm not gonna upgrade just yet. I will let you know how it goes @Bjorn Lucas THANK YOU.

P.s Is my wheel supposed to calibrate? I haven't seen a calibration screen yet but the wheel is definitley supported. I wonder if there is a firmware i have to download.
Found the problem I think @Bjorn Lucas. It needs to be set to USB cable to act as an audio device. Will test soon

Attachments

• 1508444442836-822149564.jpg
    1508444442836-822149564.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 18
No, the T80 uses a bungee cord for resistance. No motors. They assumed you had a T150 or better.

@Bjorn Lucas

You'll need to create a second profile for the second controller you're using for the headset. If you do this it doesn't matter which is logged in first.

You'll need to create a second profile for the second controller you're using for the headset. If you do this it doesn't matter which is logged in first.
Does it need PS plus? My party chat can't here me as the controller is linked to the second account. My.latest update did not fix this at all. Hmmmm. This is beginning to become a let down now. Hope I can find a fix. Thanks for your suggestion.

Does it need PS plus? My party chat can't here me as the controller is linked to the second account. My.latest update did not fix this at all. Hmmmm. This is beginning to become a let down now. Hope I can find a fix. Thanks for your suggestion.
But you can hear they other party? Go into the audio settings.. You should be able to change the mic volume. Had to do all this yesterday to get it to work.

But you can hear they other party? Go into the audio settings.. You should be able to change the mic volume. Had to do all this yesterday to get it to work.
Working now. But what a hassle. Thanks man. I had sign in on my fake account to join the party. So weird

Attachments

• 15084472387551713506023.jpg
    15084472387551713506023.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 1508447274993-531630529.jpg
    1508447274993-531630529.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 13
Back