A few questions I couldnt find

  • Thread starter Thread starter Braddock
  • 13 comments
  • 786 views
Messages
19
If this has been posted before, Sorry, But I just couldnt find it looking through all these threads. My questios are: Why is it that when racing with an even field, Such as the F1 cars, You easily overtake the competitors? Ive dropped the HP all the way down to 713HP and I still easily overtake the 900+ hp cars. I also have the speed setting all the way up. I looked for a "car boost" setting, But didnt find one in the settings menu. Second question, When in 2-player mode watching the replay, Is there any way to switch the view to one screen instead of split screen? All the other GT's allowed you to do this, But I cant seem to find a way to do it on this one. It drives me crazy. Thanx
 
Sorry. Two player mode replay is ****ty in GT4.

And the AI seems to sandbag the cars in terms of top speed. They'll be blindingly fast through some cormers but strangely slow on the straights.
 
possibly your drafting them? maybe thats why your catching so quick....
 
maybe your car is lighter? because you took so much **** off to lower hp?
 
niky
Sorry. Two player mode replay is ****ty in GT4.

And the AI seems to sandbag the cars in terms of top speed. They'll be blindingly fast through some cormers but strangely slow on the straights.

It's not only the two player mode replay that's ****ty, I hate the fact that the screen's split vertically - I want it horizontally, that's waaaayyyy better.
 
Set it to 4:3, rather than 16:7. Or play it on a proper widescreen TV.
 
isnt there a choice in the options menu on which way you want the screen to split?
 
Famine
Set it to 4:3, rather than 16:7. Or play it on a proper widescreen TV.

OK, I'm sure I've got a proper widescreen TV, I just happen to hate vertical split screen. I'll try that 4:3 setting, which I think shouldn't be the way to go distorted image. IMHO it should have been u user option.
 
SjefGielen
OK, I'm sure I've got a proper widescreen TV, I just happen to hate vertical split screen. I'll try that 4:3 setting, which I think shouldn't be the way to go distorted image. IMHO it should have been u user option.

There used to be an option (sorry don't know if its still there as haven't done any split screening in gt4) where you could split the screen EITHER horizontally or vertically. Have a look around in the options menu and see if its still there.
 
I play two player all the time, and as far as I'm aware the default is horizontal. You must have changed it somewhere?

Because mine is horizontal vs. your vertical there must be a way to change it and you won't be stuck like that forever.

After our little language origin/plural discussion I'll have to say that Famine is probably right (as always) and that you should give his 16:9 vs. 4:3 idea a go.

I also agree that the two player replay is crap, and it would be much better to be able to just have the one replay screen. I ain't found a way yet, and by the sounds of it there ain't one... :)
 
Mwahahaha!

Actually, I'd love to know what the plural of "Twix" is. But that's getting hideously off-topic.

Set to 16:7, I get horizontal two-player on a widescreen TV, vertical two-player on a normal one.
Set to 4:3, I get horizontal two-player on both.
 
Famine
Actually, I'd love to know what the plural of "Twix" is...
Should I quote you on made up words and proper nouns, or would that just be petty... :sly:
 
No, Its not the drafting thats the problem. Im straight up out running them. Someone mentioned the weight being lower when you drop the horsepower. Ill check into that, But I would think lowering the HP would affect the weight. As far as the 2 player replay goes, Thats horse **** that you cant watch it full screen. Why change the best thing about the past 3 games? What werer htey thinking??
 
Braddock
No, Its not the drafting thats the problem. Im straight up out running them. Someone mentioned the weight being lower when you drop the horsepower. Ill check into that, But I would think lowering the HP would affect the weight.
When B-spec "Bob" is on the long straight at Nurburgring, the maximum speed he can get to is 180, and that's at the end of the straight. I can get to 185, rev down, get to 185 again, and rev down, and continue this process several times. I think the matter is that the AI sucks cheese, not a matter of weight.
 
Back