A few questions...

• Thread starter buziii
  • 24 comments
buziii
I've been playing this for a few days, and I have a few questions:

1. What happens to "bonus cash"? For example, I'm told I get $100,000 in bonus cash, but my cash level doesn't reflect it.

2. What does it mean to master corners and the course?

3. When I hit a wall or guardrail, everything turns black and white, but it seems like there is no penalty. Are there penalties, other than slowing down because of hitting something?

I'm sure I'll have others, but these are the only questions I can think of right now.

Thanks!

1) Apparently it's a bug. Though I've never had it happen to me, it seems fairly common on this forum.

2) You get extra xp for hitting the right line through the corners and generally following the racing line around the track. You get a "badge" added to your profile, and there are some PSN trophies based on it as well. Basically, you just drive properly and they should show up.

3) No time penalties if that's what you mean. You can definitely damage or total your car though, and hitting the walls will slow you down quite a bit, much more than other games. If you cut the track you won't post a time online, and after enough corner cutting you get disqualified from the race.

I've been playing this for a few days, and I have a few questions:

1. What happens to "bonus cash"? For example, I'm told I get $100,000 in bonus cash, but my cash level doesn't reflect it.

2. What does it mean to master corners and the course?

3. When I hit a wall or guardrail, everything turns black and white, but it seems like there is no penalty. Are there penalties, other than slowing down because of hitting something?

I'm sure I'll have others, but these are the only questions I can think of right now.

Thanks!

At some load screens you will be told what you will earn at next level or when you receive level rewards some are highlighted, others not. You received the highlighted ones. That's the only explanation I could think of for you seeing a reward when your current cash level is not increasing.

Mastering corners: Each time you race a track in career or quick mode you are judged on how well you handled the corner. Not sure all the criteria(entry, braking, line, exit speed, etc) but if you do it "right" it will get a green check. I believe it is heavily weighted towards following the preferred line. You earn xp for each corner, and a trophy for mastering all corners in a track. It seems way easier to master a corner in this version when compared with Shift 1.

That b/w effect is just that, an effect that disrupts your vision like a "real" car accident might. In Shift 1 there was a similar effect when accelerating rapidly. If you want to be penalized more for crashing, turn damage onto full, not visual only.

These are all opinions, others may have completely different view. Hope it clarifies.

JB

Mastering corners: Each time you race a track in career or quick mode you are judged on how well you handled the corner. Not sure all the criteria(entry, braking, line, exit speed, etc) but if you do it "right" it will get a green check. I believe it is heavily weighted towards following the preferred line.
JB

It ONLY is on following the preferred line - speed doesn't matter, so you can "master" the corners and line going 20 mph if you want.

Thanks for the answers! Just within the last 30 minutes, I've been told I received $100,000 bonus cash reward, then just now $120,000. But none of it is showing up in the cash level at the bottom of the screen. I'm still holding on $57,000.

So this is a glitch? It will be difficult to buy expensive cars and upgrades if this continues. Although I'm having fun with my two D level cars!

Thanks for the answers! Just within the last 30 minutes, I've been told I received $100,000 bonus cash reward, then just now $120,000. But none of it is showing up in the cash level at the bottom of the screen. I'm still holding on $57,000.

So this is a glitch? It will be difficult to buy expensive cars and upgrades if this continues. Although I'm having fun with my two D level cars!

Ssounds like a glitch, so far every level I've got the money got paid

This does suck, now that I realize most everyone is getting the reward bonus cash...and I'm not.

I don't suppose anyone has figured out a fix. All my reward cash is lost forever.

I was having more fun until I realized this. I think I'll play a different game.:grumpy:

This does suck, now that I realize most everyone is getting the reward bonus cash...and I'm not.

I don't suppose anyone has figured out a fix. All my reward cash is lost forever.

I was having more fun until I realized this. I think I'll play a different game.:grumpy:

Yes - it is broke and you are not the only one it is hurting. Seeing as how EA has a "time savers" DLC out to give you instant, no in-game cost to all cars, maybe this is how they are boosting sales. You can't buy cars in-game because the glitch won't let you earn enough money, so finally you say F%@& it! and just pay the real $$ to get the cars.

I'm almost certain that won't do anything...

You're right. I started over and I still don't receive the bonus cash. I get all other rewards, just not the bonus cash.

So, apparently others have the same problem, but do most people get the bonus? Is it a disk error? Why do some get it and others don't? :ouch:

I am currently receiving bonus cash when I am supposed to. It does suck that some people are experiencing a glitch, hope it gets patched.

I wasn't very far along, so deleting my game save wasn't a big deal. I wonder what the correlation is for those of us having this problem. Is it likely to be a problem with our disk? Would it likely help to exchange the disk?

I wasn't very far along, so deleting my game save wasn't a big deal. I wonder what the correlation is for those of us having this problem. Is it likely to be a problem with our disk? Would it likely help to exchange the disk?

It sounds to me that you may have to do a total reinstall and games save deletion to fix the problem. Then, if that doesn't work you may have to trade the game in for another.

It sounds to me that you may have to do a total reinstall and games save deletion to fix the problem. Then, if that doesn't work you may have to trade the game in for another.

I wouldn't recommend that. It's a fairly widespread problem and I think you would just be wasting your time for it to just happen again, I think it's just random luck.

I'm on PS3, level 16, and I think I have received all the bonuses so far. Keeping my fingers crossed that the 'big ones' will also pay out without a glitch.

My only crash so far was loading one of the races but it allowed me to resume the championship after a boot. PS3 FAT (80GB).

I've hit visual/sound glitches a couple of times in the beginning but did not interfere with game play.

This is what I'm doing. I returned the disk, exchanged it for another. Now, I just deleted my game save (again) and I'm starting from scratch (again). If this doesn't work, I guess I'll just return the game. That would be a shame because I really do enjoy playing it. But, I think not getting any bonus cash would eventually be a problem, if I can't buy the cars I want or need.

Re-starting my career now, so I'll report back...

EDIT: Nope, not happenin'. Still not getting the bonus cash. Oh well, I guess I'll keep playing as long as I'm having fun. I'll just have to be frugal!

Hopefully, a patch will fix this soon, but even so, I wouldn't think I would get my bonus cash retroactively.

Last edited:
Did you actually reinstall the game or just delete your save? I know the game installs a fair amount of data before you can play it the first time, that may be where the problem lies.

Did you actually reinstall the game or just delete your save? I know the game installs a fair amount of data before you can play it the first time, that may be where the problem lies.

I just deleted the game save. How would I reinstall the game?

Update, for those interested in my cash problems:

I deleted my game save data and I reinstalled the game, and started over for the 2nd time.

I'm not far along yet (3%), I received some of the bonus cash, but the latest larger one ($10,000 I think) did not appear. So it appears this problem is not going away by starting over.

So I'm hoping for a patch that is retroactive and gives me my hard earned money! Until then, I'm being frugal with my car/upgrade expenditures.

Back