A few questions

• Thread starter SkylineR88
  • 9 comments
SwoopGTR
Is there an R34 in the game or any plans to bring it?
Are the cars upgradeable ?
Are the cars tuneable and how ?
How much does a car or track cost ?

There is no R34 in the game that I am aware of. All of the vehicles in the game are purpose built race cars. Here is a list of cars http://www.iracing.com/cars/

You cannot upgrade the cars.

The cars can very much be tuned, as long as the series you are racing in allows it. For example, the Rookie Global Mazda Series does not allow tuning of any kind. If you participate in other racing leagues, (for example, I race in the Precision Race League) tuning is allowed and very much necessary. There really isn't anything on the car you cannot adjust. The Ferrari GTE car that I am currently racing can be adjusted from the number of clutch plates, to individual tire pressure, camber, toe, ARB, rear wing, you name it.

I believe cars are running $11.95 each and tracks are at $14.95 each but you can check the website to verify. This is outside of the cars and tracks you get free with the monthly subscription. There is a discount for bulk packages. While it seems expensive, it is absolutely worth it.

There is no R34 in the game that I am aware of. All of the vehicles in the game are purpose built race cars. Here is a list of cars http://www.iracing.com/cars/

You cannot upgrade the cars.

The cars can very much be tuned, as long as the series you are racing in allows it. For example, the Rookie Global Mazda Series does not allow tuning of any kind. If you participate in other racing leagues, (for example, I race in the Precision Race League) tuning is allowed and very much necessary. There really isn't anything on the car you cannot adjust. The Ferrari GTE car that I am currently racing can be adjusted from the number of clutch plates, to individual tire pressure, camber, toe, ARB, rear wing, you name it.

I believe cars are running $11.95 each and tracks are at $14.95 each but you can check the website to verify. This is outside of the cars and tracks you get free with the monthly subscription. There is a discount for bulk packages. While it seems expensive, it is absolutely worth it.

Thanks I will check the website.

iRacing works on a very different model then every game out there. You actually don't own the game, you lease it. iRacing continuously improves "the Service" as it is known. It works on a 13 week schedule, 12 weeks of racing, week 13 the engineers update the Service. Look for Black Friday sales on annual dues and savings. cars are tuneable but not upgradeable. The Service is always bringing in new content.

Buy in "3's" and save big. Become a 100% content owner and save big. Cars & Trucks on average go for $12 and Tracks $14-15, when you buy in 3's you save around 20%. iRacing cost are significant to own 100%, but if you start out with the starter kit and every payday buy 3 items or 6. The more you purchase the more you save. I am going on 8 years with the Service and I am a 100% content owner.

You start off with a Rookie license and then D license, C, B, A and Pro, if you have what it takes. There is road and oval and just because you own a car, you still need the license to race it. It is, by far the best racing you will find, bar none!

thanks for the information. I did purchase a subscription but you cant change the camera, I doubt I will play it much if at all.

thanks for the information. I did purchase a subscription but you cant change the camera, I doubt I will play it much if at all.

Do you mean you cant change camera out of cockpit view ?
You can alter the cockpit view up and down, in and out, to slightly adjust to a better position if you need, but as far as I know there is no other driving view.
But trust me once you get used to cockpit view in iRacing there is no going back, ends up feeling much better and much more immersive (former bumper cam from GT driver here). I use cockpit in every racing game I play now, anything else doesn't feel right.

Skyline, the cockpit view is a non issue really. Give it 20 minutes of hotlapping and you will wonder what all the fuss was about. In reality, race car drivers have one view and that's the cockpit view. I can't fathom racing any other. Don't give up, it's real racing. :)

Latest Posts

Back