A few tenths gone since the update?

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 15 comments
Canada
London, Ontario
voodoovaj
I'm checking to see if it's just me or if anyone else is seeing this.

On Monday, I put down a 1;32:634 with the Huracan at Interlagos with the intent of going back with something else to improve the time. I like using the Evo there, but wanted to give the Lambo a shot.

Anyway, the update comes and I grab the Evo and set out to better my time. I have a Ghost from the last GR3/Interlagos combo with a 1:32:544. However, now, no matter how much I try, I cannot touch my Ghost on the back straight. Into the first sector, I can gap the ghost by 3/10ths to half a second, by sector 2, it's dead even, and even if I am ahead at the last left, my ghost beats me to the line by 2/10ths to 3/10ths. I don't recall the Evo having a BoP change in the the last few weeks.

Is anyone having trouble getting a better qualifying time since the update?

I'm checking to see if it's just me or if anyone else is seeing this.

On Monday, I put down a 1;32:634 with the Huracan at Interlagos with the intent of going back with something else to improve the time. I like using the Evo there, but wanted to give the Lambo a shot.

Anyway, the update comes and I grab the Evo and set out to better my time. I have a Ghost from the last GR3/Interlagos combo with a 1:32:544. However, now, no matter how much I try, I cannot touch my Ghost on the back straight. Into the first sector, I can gap the ghost by 3/10ths to half a second, by sector 2, it's dead even, and even if I am ahead at the last left, my ghost beats me to the line by 2/10ths to 3/10ths. I don't recall the Evo having a BoP change in the the last few weeks.

Is anyone having trouble getting a better qualifying time since the update?

I don't use the Evo but I'm getting quicker as the week wears on. In fact I'm feeling a touch more grip and feel but it could just be me.

I've just popped my first sub 1.32.xxx at Interlagos tonight.

The last time Gr.3 was at Interlagos I clocked 1:32.07x in the WRX, now I can't break 1:32.656. The .07x may have been one of those (for me at least) lucky golden laps but I was consistently getting under 1:32.500 before, so maybe you're right and PD have made a teeny-tiny tweek that they don't deem worthy of mentioning?

The last time Gr.3 was at Interlagos I clocked 1:32.07x in the WRX, now I can't break 1:32.656. The .07x may have been one of those (for me at least) lucky golden laps but I was consistently getting under 1:32.500 before, so maybe you're right and PD have made a teeny-tiny tweek that they don't deem worthy of mentioning?

Or there was a BoP update since that last race.

These are the Gr.3 BoP updates made this week. Not sure this is of any relevance to what you are seeing!

Gr.3 Class
・Lamborghini Huracán GT3 '15 [Power Ratio : 95% > 96%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 107% > 108%]
・Mazda Atenza Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 105% > 106%]
・Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept '18 [Power Ratio : 95% > 96%]

You know some days I can be in the zone and get laps in that are very close to or even surpassing my fastest times, yet other days I can be 2 seconds off no matter what I try.

I honestly don't think that PD changes the physics without actually announcing it, so I put this down to having "off days".

I really don't get it sometimes. Kie25 mentioned that his cars on the American servers drive way differently than on the EMEA ones. Maybe it switches day-by-day?

I set a 1:32:1xx on Monday (it was my 5th lap or something, so I was surprised to be this fast this early) in the BMW M6. The past two days I couldn't even get close to 1:32:5xx. It felt like driving on ice.

Didn't this update brought in a new Tyre model? Because I remember some people here saying they feel the cars being much more grippier on corners, I haven't noticed any whatsoever though.

It's most likely BoP changes.

Didn't this update brought in a new Tyre model? Because I remember some people here saying they feel the cars being much more grippier on corners, I haven't noticed any whatsoever though.

It's most likely BoP changes.
It's the same, ran a 45 minute race in the SuperGT series on here and it felt exactly the same as the 300 or so practice laps I'd done the week prior.

These are the Gr.3 BoP updates made this week. Not sure this is of any relevance to what you are seeing!

Gr.3 Class
・Lamborghini Huracán GT3 '15 [Power Ratio : 95% > 96%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 107% > 108%]
・Mazda Atenza Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 105% > 106%]
・Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept '18 [Power Ratio : 95% > 96%]

It's made the Huracan slower for sure. It's had more in it when I set my lap and now, it's going to take perfect laps to get it into the low 1:32's

Looks it could be a minor change, or it could just be me. Seems strange either way, especially with that EVO lap.:dunce:

Got to say I did notice I struggled at first on Wednesday after the update to get up to speed. Interlagos is easy my best track and usually set a quick time in a few laps, but I think I put this down to playing with controller for a few days prior to the update then went back to wheel.

Eventually ended back up in the 31s so I’m not sure there is a change but seemed more off than usual. I am prone to ‘bad days’ though.

I really don't get it sometimes. Kie25 mentioned that his cars on the American servers drive way differently than on the EMEA ones. Maybe it switches day-by-day?

I set a 1:32:1xx on Monday (it was my 5th lap or something, so I was surprised to be this fast this early) in the BMW M6. The past two days I couldn't even get close to 1:32:5xx. It felt like driving on ice.
Weird, I've never felt any difference across all three servers

Weird, I've never felt any difference across all three servers
Maybe it’s just placebo, I dunno lol

But honestly, whenever my internet is acting up again and I’m driving with a 2 or even 1 bar my car feels much more slidey than normally. I can’t be imagining it every time it happens

Maybe it’s just placebo, I dunno lol

But honestly, whenever my internet is acting up again and I’m driving with a 2 or even 1 bar my car feels much more slidey than normally. I can’t be imagining it every time it happens
Huh. Interesting

Latest Posts

Back