A few things....

• Thread starter VetteDawg
  • 5 comments

VetteDawg

(Banned)
VetteDawg00
1) Does Ferrari EVER offer you a test?
Not too long ago I completed an entire career (albeit easy mode) and was never once offered a deal from Ferrari.

2) Sixaxis users - don't you wish that the 'look back' button was L1 instead of R1? I mean who's gonna use the R1 button to look back while using the L2 button to break into a turn? While your gassing down a straight with the R2 button would be the time to take a quick look back using the L1....BUT NOOooo...all that does is change your driving view.
- I'm assuming that it's done purposely so that all you get to use is those teenie-weenie little side mirrors.

3) Penalties - I know they've been discussed but it bums me out when I get too much on a rumble strip and it spins me around. Then while staggering about to get back on the track I get hit with a penalty for cutting a corner. :banghead: I mean, I wasn't 'cutting the corner'....I was doing doughnuts in it. I got no advantage from what happened (obviously)....they just kind of give you another kick in the ribs with a penalty.

...A few other things...
I wish we could tell our pit crew that 'Next stop I want Hard Tires'....or soft tires, etc.
I wish there was a different way to signal the pits (like for a rain tire stop). It's happened that I reach for the 'select' button but accidentally hit the 'PS' button thus losing all control of the car....and crashing out before my panicking brain can figure out that it needs to tell me to push the 'PS' button again. :)

Hmm... I remember once in an online race at Imola I spun out & off the track at the Variante Alta chicane & somehow ended up with a 14 sec penalty! :ouch: :mad:

(on top of the 10 seconds or so it took me to stagger back onto the track! :( )

1. Yes, Ferrari does offer you a test. You must have just had really bad luck lol. I got a test on hard mode on my third year, but couldn't complete it because it was at a track where I wasn't fast enough >_<.

2. I've only used Sixaxis a couple of times, i'm guessing it would be more rewarding in career mode as it makes it more difficult lol.

3. Yes, penalties are unfair, i've had 18 second penalties before for slightly cutting a chicane. That whole spinning thing has happened to me before as well. They really need to sort it out.

And with the pit crew, I totally agree. It would make for a more strategic race. I also think that there should be a bigger difference between the two tyres. The harder tyre shouldn't wear as much in my opinion. It would also help to choose tyres because the amount of times it has started raining and I have come in for wets or inters, but was put back out on dry tyres is ridiculous.

the amount of times it has started raining and I have come in for wets or inters, but was put back out on dry tyres is ridiculous.

Yeah, this is true. I find that you have to complete the lap you're on once it starts raining...then complete one more lap before scheduling the pit stop.

Yup, the tyre choice problem is the one major failing of this game which is a shame considering Gran Turismo 4 (which is a couple of years older) managed to let you choose tyres before/while pitting.
But, its manageable so its not too much of a problem. Not too much of an issue for a "major problem".

Penalties are hit and miss in the first place, this is one thing barely any racing game has got perfectly right. You either have a game where you can shortcut everywhere with little penalties, a game with inconsistent penalties or a game like F1:CE where the penalties are super harsh. It will never be quite right and I think overall having harsh penalties at least makes you try to be more careful.
Though I agree in that they should have coded the penalty system a little better so it takes into account your speed or something in the penalised zone rather than giving you a penalty regardless. So if you were slow from going off track by accident or spinning, it wouldn't be so harsh.

1 They are a difficult bunch, aren't they?

2 When I used sixaxis I used x for throttle and L1 for rear was perfect. What was bad though was that I every now and then in stressed situations accidentally changed view when braking because brake is square and triangle changes view. That caused a bunch of crashes.

3 Penalties are good for nothing. Turn them off. Too often I've been pushed by AI and penalised for it when I go off track because of it. Even when turned off you'll get penalties but only for really major violations. It's good because your laptimes will not count if they are not clean, but you won't get penalised for going off.

When it comes to tirechoices it's a bummer. The worst is when you come in for rain tires and they put on dries. The solution I'm pretty sure is that you have to drive one lap with rain before crew will realise it is in factd raining. If you press select immediately when it starts raining you will be screwed. You have to cross start-finish for a full lap and it must be raining when you cross, t h e n you can press select and expect to get wets.

Back