A FOOL-PROOF way to add saving to endurance races.

  • Thread starter Thread starter saleenf5
  • 27 comments
  • 3,136 views
Messages
418
Messages
saleenf5
okay.

Basically it called quick save.

While driving you select it, the game saves, then you HAVE to shut down gt5 (no saving then crashing an just reloading)

Next time you start gt5 the game instantly loads the race at your exact spot AND erases the quick save. (no reloading saves)
 
Last edited:
sounds like some very useful information that I cannot understand.... OP can u please rephrase? I'd love to learn how to save during races.

thanks
 
sounds like some very useful information that I cannot understand.... OP can u please rephrase? I'd love to learn how to save during races.

thanks

It was a suggestion to PD, not a how to.
 
no its a way to add saving in a patch.

driving press start go to quick save

select an game saves an says please exit gt5

next time gt5 starts you go straight to the race an continue BUT that last save is erased so no cheating.
 
no its a suggestion to add saving that wouldnt be exploitable.
 
Some people are just beyond stupid.....

Read People!
 
I think he's explaining a way to save during endurance.. but I jus don't quite get how to do it exactly.. what's a quick save?
No.
well anyone think its a good idea?
Yes.
Though, I'd say you should probably be able to play online, but any single player race is locked out until you delete your endurance save is manually deleted or you finish the race.

There definitely needs to be a save option though.

A similar system could be added to save between races in a championship. Not everyone has the ability to sit in front of the PS3 for long enough to go through the later championships in a sitting.
 
sounds like some very useful information that I cannot understand.... OP can u please rephrase? I'd love to learn how to save during races.

thanks

try NBA 2K11 and use "SAVE AND EXIT" while in a game....
 
okay.

Basically it called quick save.

While driving you select it an the game saves an you HAVE to shut down gt5 (no saving then crashing an just reloading)

Next time you start gt5 the game instantly loads the race at your exact spot AND erases the quick save. (no reloading saves)

Your missing a few d's.
 
I'm with you cookiee i wasn't sure if it was in the game or a suggestion, very vague post that one. But as an idea for those very long endurance races whould probably try doing them if i could save and continue later.
 
the title is "a fool-proof way to ADD blah blah" so if you came here expecting something thats already in game Im sorry but you fail.

on topic I actually got the idea from dungeon crawler rpgs
 
Just have the option to save if/when you pit. It is retarded to expect anyone to drive for hours on end, or keep their PS3 on for days.
 
Just have the option to save if/when you pit. It is retarded to expect anyone to drive for hours on end, or keep their PS3 on for days.

^This.

I don't need to be able to save at ANYTIME. But the pit could have a savepoint.
After restarting the PS3, you would not be able to open any other menu than some 'continue race' menu.
When trying to open another menu you get some sort of 'you're in a race, entering this menu will quit your race blah blah blah Yes/No' message.
 
A similar thing happens on the psp when your battery runs out so can't see that it would be too hard to implement.
 
You could save in the middle of a championship in an older GT, so I don't understand why it wasn't implemented from the start. PD at its finest, right?
 
basically like in Tourist Trophy... you can save the championship only this time it'll be the race... saving during the pits...

next time you go into the A-spec races you can choose whether to abort or continue the race... (no car swapping during the race tho...)

that's my idea anyway...
 
^This.

I don't need to be able to save at ANYTIME. But the pit could have a savepoint.
After restarting the PS3, you would not be able to open any other menu than some 'continue race' menu.
When trying to open another menu you get some sort of 'you're in a race, entering this menu will quit your race blah blah blah Yes/No' message.

Definately, I think the pit more so than the quick save is really the best place by far. You dont want to be loding up at 200kph anyway!
 
It's a good idea,but I don't think they'll do it.However I really do not want to leave my PS3 on for hours to overheat.My old one got Ylod even under normal use in an open space.So I back this up 👍
 
It's a good idea,but I don't think they'll do it.However I really do not want to leave my PS3 on for hours to overheat.My old one got Ylod even under normal use in an open space.So I back this up 👍

Not holding my breath for PD to put this in endurance race. But I think its a better than pause/save in the middle of race. At least its a double-safety for some "idiots" (or just **** happens when you got distracted) and save in the middle of the bend.

In pit stop, at least you can catch a breath and get ready. At least its more similar to real endurance races when they do driver switch during pit-stops. :)
 
The most I was able to do in an endurance race was the 4 hour one. It would be impossible to beat the 24 hour without a save option. So this has my approval
 
http://twitter.com/Kaz_Yamauchi

ごめん。耐久レースでの途中のセーブ。ただいま開発中です。RT @andrepeniche: 私は単純に耐久レースを再生するテレビの前に滞在する4、9または24時間を持っていないためGT5を愛し ているけれど、残念ながら、私はそれを終わらせることはできません。

Sorry. Save in the middle of the race. Now under development. RT @ andrepeniche: I want to stay in front of the TV just to play the race does not have 4,9 or 24 hours, but I love GT5, unfortunately, I can not put an end to it.

I picked this up on another forum.
I did not translated this myself, it's just a simple copy paste.
I don't even have a clue how to translate a bunch of boxed numbers..
So this is just a bit of blind faith...
But if it's true... HOOZAH!

EDIT: I google-translated it... Seems legit!
Google Translate
 
Last edited:
Hopefully it means you can save mid-enduro and go back to it when you like, ie do other races. Rather than having to finish it when you next fire GT5 up.

Better still, give you the option to let a B-spec driver take over, maybe even a Remote Race B-spec driver that you can check on away from home.
 
^This.

I don't need to be able to save at ANYTIME. But the pit could have a savepoint.
After restarting the PS3, you would not be able to open any other menu than some 'continue race' menu.
When trying to open another menu you get some sort of 'you're in a race, entering this menu will quit your race blah blah blah Yes/No' message.

This is what we need although maybe still be able to play online races while the offline is saved because i play with the same group of buddies every night and at the moment thats why i dont wanna do a 24hr or even 9hr race.
 
Back