a friendly challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter Saber186
  • 5 comments
  • 465 views
Messages
266
United States
Lebanon,Missouri
Messages
Saber186
while we wait for PD to update and bring us new things to do,why not invent little challenges for each other to do?

the one I've been having fun with is : National A Hot hatch London race.Buy a car for the dealership and beat the race with the LOWEST pp you can.BOX STOCK no tune:no oil change. only paint n wheels if ya like and you can add sports hard tires if the car doesn't already come with them.I have been pleasntly surprised with some of the cars I'd normally not have bought or driven.
Aids : No SRF others allowed if ya want to use them
If anyone else wants to make a challenge feel free to do so.Have a little fun
 
This is basically how I play GT these days..I make up an imaginary challenge and run it.

Let's do a 4WD Audi only challenge on IB - European Tour - Ascari.

There's 17 Audi's that fit the bill (not counting ones downtuned to the 540PP max). I guarantee you'll find a couple of pleasant surprises - IME 4WD Audi's are some of the best cars in terms of turning and stability. Ascari should have enough turns to keep ya busy.

On a related note, I honestly do not understand how it takes PD so long to put out new races....all the cars and tracks are there, just pick A, B, or C track, and D, E and F cars...Monday it's Ascari with 80's Audi's, Tuesday it's Spa with 70's French Rally cars, etc. It surely is no more than a half hour of programming to slap together a new contest (assuming there's no time element as those will take actual playing to gauge an appropriate range). I sadly miss the days of going to a car dealership and seeing a dozen Nissan-specific races...and that was what like GT3?

Sorry I'll get off my soapbox now. Back to the races!
 
I have one. Try to win the GT World Championship with an Audi R18, either the prototype or the Le Mans winner, no 15th anniversary edition.
 
This is basically how I play GT these days..I make up an imaginary challenge and run it.

Let's do a 4WD Audi only challenge on IB - European Tour - Ascari.

There's 17 Audi's that fit the bill (not counting ones downtuned to the 540PP max). I guarantee you'll find a couple of pleasant surprises - IME 4WD Audi's are some of the best cars in terms of turning and stability. Ascari should have enough turns to keep ya busy.

On a related note, I honestly do not understand how it takes PD so long to put out new races....all the cars and tracks are there, just pick A, B, or C track, and D, E and F cars...Monday it's Ascari with 80's Audi's, Tuesday it's Spa with 70's French Rally cars, etc. It surely is no more than a half hour of programming to slap together a new contest (assuming there's no time element as those will take actual playing to gauge an appropriate range). I sadly miss the days of going to a car dealership and seeing a dozen Nissan-specific races...and that was what like GT3?

Sorry I'll get off my soapbox now. Back to the races!
looks like I need to buy a few Audis
I've beat my challenge with only 2 bone stock cars under 400 pp the MG TF160 @ 378 pp and the big shocker is the Fiat Barchetta Giovane Duo at only 354 pp it's a fun little car to drive.
 
the Rs 6 '02 drives like a tank lol but I really liked the S4 '98..had to block 2nd place in a few places but won bone stock at 428 pp by 0.3 sec
 
Sounds interesting.
 
Back