A Fun Way Of 'Racing'???

• Thread starter N99GT
  • 21 comments
United Kingdom
UK, B'ham
npanchal / GTP_N99GT
Hi there folks,

i was just playing SU2 and i crashed into another car...this got me thinking:idea:

my proposition is that instead of just racing around the circuit trying to get a 'fast' time, i would try to take out as many of the AI's cars and still place 1st!

i tried this and i managed to actually have a fun race, rather that ranting and shouting and my TV about how stupid this game is and asking my self why im playing it!

So you might wanna change a few setting such as setting Damage to Visual only, or you might not have a controller left! And i haven't done this on online and i dont intend on it...

So far my record is getting 3 cars out and placing 1st at the willow spring circuit on a 4 lap race. (that RTRX race)

i would post a picture from the game to this but im not sure how its done, so if you do please let me know!

And post your results/thoughts here as well!

I usually do that expecialy since I found out the AI drivers are named after the people that work on SMS and that there will be no more patches for the PS3 (I always try to take out the Iain Bell driver first).... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kidding

Hi there folks,

i was just playing SU2 and i crashed into another car...this got me thinking:idea:

my proposition is that instead of just racing around the circuit trying to get a 'fast' time, i would try to take out as many of the AI's cars and still place 1st!

i tried this and i managed to actually have a fun race, rather that ranting and shouting and my TV about how stupid this game is and asking my self why im playing it!

So you might wanna change a few setting such as setting Damage to Visual only, or you might not have a controller left! And i haven't done this on online and i dont intend on it...

So far my record is getting 3 cars out and placing 1st at the willow spring circuit on a 4 lap race. (that RTRX race)

i would post a picture from the game to this but im not sure how its done, so if you do please let me know!

LOL, you bought the wrong game - this is a racing game. You should have bought NFS Hot Pursuit. Are you sure your not the guy I find running the tracks backwards and slamming into everyone in the GT5 online races I have tried:yuck:

God it does some nice crashes though. The best one that sticks out in my mind was the muscle car series against gittin - I was doing it in a GT500 build which was quite badly outpaced by the RTRX, so it was a real race trying to get and stay in front. Going over the large bump at Ambush Canyon we slightly tapped each other while both cars were airborne, and his got badly unsettled coming back down. The RTRX rolled out ahead of me, spinning around about 5 times, shedding more and more parts every rotation and slammed into the barrier on the left hand turn up from the bump and lost all 4 wheels. Sooooooooo satisfying and, and boy, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy :)

LOL, you bought the wrong game - this is a racing game. You should have bought NFS Hot Pursuit. Are you sure your not the guy I find running the tracks backwards and slamming into everyone in the GT5 online races I have tried:yuck:

lol! nah its not me...i race properly in GT5, because you can!

and does that mean their not going to patch the crap handling in the game?!:grumpy:

I don't see how destroying your opponents by treating races like a demolition derby can be any fun. Especially since you can stick to anything you hit, which makes crashing highly discouraged.

Hi there folks,

So you might wanna change a few setting such as setting Damage to Visual only, or you might not have a controller left! And i haven't done this

on online and i dont intend on it...

Every time I smash into an AI car, we both just spinout and crash. :grumpy:

Well, even though this is something I wouldn't do, you might set some more records if you tried it on Mt. Panorama or Enna. The AI can't seem to race these tracks cleanly, so if you had to take advantage of this, these tracks would probably help you acheive your goals... Not my thing, but I could see how it might be entertaining in a "bad laugh" type of way.

I'm not sure thats how they wanted their game to be played.:lol: Although taking some lower powered cars on the figure eight track with a full field and about 30-40 laps is a lot of fun.

i dont play this game in a serious mannor hence this post, and thats why i have GT5! i just use race like this sometimes because im either bores or just passing time!

i dont play this game in a serious mannor hence this post, and thats why i have GT5! i just use race like this sometimes because im either bores or just passing time!

I will admit S2U is better suited to what you are trying to do than GT5. No fun ramming in GT5 - no damage, a thud for a sound, and it easily gets you position:)

S2U is a "racing" game and is anything from boring (my opinion) for those that enjoy racing. There are many other arcade titles designed specifically for your objectives.

I think Burnout might be a better game for you. Just saying.

I will admit S2U is better suited to what you are trying to do than GT5. No fun ramming in GT5 - no damage, a thud for a sound, and it easily gets you position:)

S2U is a "racing" game and is anything from boring (my opinion) for those that enjoy racing. There are many other arcade titles designed specifically for your objectives.

What these guys said. Burnout is all about the crashes. GRID also has a fun demolition derby race, where taking out the opposition is encouraged and rewarded. I have not had to resort to crashing in S2 to make it "fun", I like the racing, but I do admit when I make a mistake in single player and am going to restart, it IS fun to crash before I do.

What amazes me the most is the success this thread is having either with positive or negative remarks

I guess it is because we like to think of S2U as a more serious racing title where the average gamer is a little more mature. If you remember early on there was a ton of discussion on sim, no sim, arcade, etc. (please don't resurrect that discussion!). This suggestion of play leans heavily towards arcade. Of coarse no one is saying that is "should" be played a certain way or not, its a discussion and to each their own.
If the same would be posted on NoGrip in the rFactor, GTR, or Race forums I would bet the same type of somewhat negative comments.\

And, the poster said he plays GT5 in a serious way, not S2U. What does that imply? Trolling?

There are many other arcade titles designed specifically for your objectives.

Like those who give experience points for spinning out opponents or blocking them?💡

I guess it is because we like to think of S2U as a more serious racing title where the average gamer is a little more mature.

It isn't, did You ever wandered a little through public online lobbies?!

If you remember early on there was a ton of discussion on sim, no sim, arcade, etc. (please don't resurrect that discussion!).

Ok.:P

And, the poster said he plays GT5 in a serious way, not S2U. What does that imply? Trolling?

And why would that be?!
Haven't we got over the "if You perceive the same reality differently than me You're a troll" attitude?:nervous:
He thinks GT5 is a more serious racer than S2U, You don't.No trolling, different opinions.

What amazes me the most is the success this thread is having either with positive or negative remarks

Says while throws another stick into the fire...:P;)

Its a game and to each is own... if he likes to play like that I dont see the big deal... but it seems to me that some people take this thread too seriously... well I guess anything goes when waiting for the patch:dopey:

The truck races are the best for this. Tune up a Dodge RAM and try and pit maneuver the whole field, ram them off the track etc

EDIT: Just realised this wasn't a GT5 thread... Oh well it's good fun anyway.

The truck races are the best for this. Tune up a Dodge RAM and try and pit maneuver the whole field, ram them off the track etc

EDIT: Just realised this wasn't a GT5 thread... Oh well it's good fun anyway.

LOL, this was good:lol::lol:

lol some people are taking this a weeeeeeeeeeee bit too seriously!!! lol....i think some of you are sorta missing the point where i said it purely to have 'fun' and to pass time... and yerh im sure there a hundreds of other games that are 'better suited' if i wanna do this sorta thing and yes i do have burnout (paradise city) but its not the same as NFS i.e its a open city, you cant modify any of the cars apart form the colour and the cars arnt real!

And as other have said its just personal opinion! So don't get all serious over a thread!

My personal opinion is that the way the cars handle in this game (compared to something like ummmmm ooo:idea:....GT5) really annoys me hence why I cant take this game 'seriously'! And i HOPE that there is a patch that would fix these issues...that is if im allowed my own opinion or is that classed as 'trolling' as well??

lighten up people!:lol:

Last edited:
Back