A German doing some Drift - Training (with Wheel)

What aids do you have on?

I tried that last night, with no aids except ABS=1
With the Amemiya FD3S RX7, on comfort hards.

The car kept snapping back. I use a G25 with full FF and no power steering.

You had some nice drifts and some nice angles. Your score isn't all the way there yet, but keep at it and you'll start getting 15,000+ scores easily!

I also drift with a wheel and, although I've never really drifted with the controller, it seems to me that the main difference is that with the controller, an experienced drifter can counter steer much quicker and often to more effect, therefore giving them a better angle than someone using a wheel. This is essentially why all the top people in drift trials use a controller.
That said, I always appreciate seeing someone who chooses to drift using a 900 degree wheel.

On a similar note, I have a similar video also on Tsukuba Circuit in a Z34 '08 if you want to take a look. It's the one in the second post. It's actually my first drifting video from a little while ago.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178263

ok, my internet works now... so i can drift online now too...
i changed now to comfort hard too xD... god, cant remember, how i was able to drift with Sport Hard tires :D
Im using normally the Mazda RX7 (normal version) with a bit of tuning.... like 270kw...
and last week a friend gave me this genki Nissan Silvia... i only drove 5 laps on tsukuba, but with a bit of training, i think this is gonna be a good car for me :)

ok, i practised alot and now i´ve made a video of a bit of drifttraining from yesterday

now im using comfort hard tires (in the first video sports hard) and yesterday i drove the ACR Viper... really a nice car.... on of my favourites

gonna upload it later, stay tuned guys :)

Back