a good toyota gt one road car setup...

• Thread starter lgtngtr3
  • 10 comments
Hey, how ya doing. I got the same problem. you can easily get the GT ONE Road Car way above the speed of the Bugatti Veyron but at speeds of about 100k/h, it tends to understeer quite a bit.

Unlike most of the racing specials you can't spec the HP any higher than you get with it. But with the GT ONE you can get a spec 4 turbo, recomended, If you haven't already.
The top speed of a bugatti veyron if 250m/h or 407k/h but in the GT ONE I managed to get just over 442k/h at the test course.

The GT-One Road Version may have tons of power, but it lacks one important thing to be a racecar: downforce. You can't adjust any of the susupension settings either if I remember, so this thread is kinda pointless, since there's nothing you can do to improve the handling. Using lower stage turbos might help it handle easier (not better), but that's pretty much it.

If you want to own the Test Course & Max Speed Runs get the GT-One Road Version.
If you want an awesome track car with dream handling get the GT-One Race Version.

still, if you have all that power, when you loose a little time in the corners you make up fo it in the straights. I have never lost a race with that car.

True, but the GT-One Race Version is a much more complete package. Except at the Test Course or Super Speedway I doubt whether the Road Version will be able to set a faster time than the Race Version. I'm not saying the Road Car is bad, in fact, I love its crazy power and speeds. It's just that if you want to take turns fast (which lgtngtr3 intends to do) you gotta get the Race Car.

truth is the only reason i like the GT ONE so much is because I don't have the Race version, partly because I don't know were to get one...

But enough chit-chat LeGeNd-1, I think we should get back to helping lgtngtr3 with his GT ONE setup, so I did some experimenting, so here it goes:

-because of the turbo lag (if you but the spec 4 turbo on) I suggest you should have very short 1st and 2nd gears. you will still be left behind off the finish line but as soon as you hit 4th you'll be unbeatable. you should put the 4th gear slider at about half way and make 5th and 6 tall gears.

-Brakes- because it is a long car and can get to very high speeds fairly quickly, you should set the rear brakes at being 3 points harder than the front, e.g. front 17 and rear 20. this stops you quikly and from over steering too much.( I suggest getting traction control as at a hard turn, as you accelerate it has a nasty trend of oversteering).

-camber- front 2.5 degrees, fear 1.5 degrees
-LSD- set the rear accel one click harder and the rear deccel to one click softer.

Driving advice- brake early and then accelerate earlier than you would normaly do. e.g. at the Rome full course, on the very left of the map there is part of the track which sort-of makes a triangle. at both corners you will notice that on the left hand side of the track there is a number of yellow arrows/signs leading up to the corner. get youself lined up straight and at the second yellow sign, (at both corners) brake hard and don't stop braking until you get to 1 car's lenght before the corner as you turn in. as the car would have picked up alot of speed, braking slightly too late will result in understeering.
-hope this helps with conering-

sorry, :dunce:I realised my mistake - you can't alter the brakes on the GT-one. but the stuff about when to brake is all good :)

by the way, I won the race version ('98) and I don't see what the fuss is all about. it handles the same as the road version and it is less powerfull and it is slower, but I do like the styling.

sorry, :dunce:I realised my mistake - you can't alter the brakes on the GT-one. but the stuff about when to brake is all good :)

by the way, I won the race version ('98) and I don't see what the fuss is all about. it handles the same as the road version and it is less powerfull and it is slower, but I do like the styling.

Hasn't the race version got modifyable downforce? Or at least more downforce than the road version. As you can tell, i never drove it! :indiff: If it does have extra aerodynamic downforce, that could possibly make the road car's extra horsepower obsolete.

Back