A good way to transition from GT5 to F1 2010

• Thread starter leowan731
  • 6 comments
GTP_leowan731
I just got F1 2010 in the mail from GameFly and I would like to know of anything before playing F1 that would help from my experience of F1. Some things that I know are different is the paddock and driver interviews,but in-game wise, I know nothing apart from heavy steering lag.

I am no expert by any means but for me the hardest part was going back to GT5 after playing this game for awhile. Obviously the F1 cars handle so much better than a street car so it took me quite a bit of time to adjust going from game to game. If you raced the F1 cars in GT5 you should have no problem really racing in F1 2010 imo. Even if you didn't, it won't take that long to get the hang of the game.

That said though, online in F1 2010 is no joke. I got crushed 6 ways to Sunday tonight while racing online lol. Have fun dude.

The main setback for me was the sheer speed and fast-paced feel of Formula cars. The GT1 and GT3 cars in GT5 seemed like turtles once I got into the 2010 F1 cars

Also, the braking and acceleration points are much quicker and will sneak up on you if you don't stay completely and utterly focused

I also use no driving aids, which forces me to shift, and actually makes the game much more "intuitive" and you really have much more control over the cars once you really FEEL them on the track

DA__dogg
I am no expert by any means but for me the hardest part was going back to GT5 after playing this game for awhile. Obviously the F1 cars handle so much better than a street car so it took me quite a bit of time to adjust going from game to game. If you raced the F1 cars in GT5 you should have no problem really racing in F1 2010 imo. Even if you didn't, it won't take that long to get the hang of the game.

That said though, online in F1 2010 is no joke. I got crushed 6 ways to Sunday tonight while racing online lol. Have fun dude.

Except the spinouts were my problem and sometimes still are

Yeah. I got a couple of problems. I dont know tracks so I use driving line, also my wheel doesn't turn sharp enough to turn out after a spinout. Besides that, I run with abs only and i have 1 win after 2 grand prix. I'm running with lotus.

leowan731
Yeah. I got a couple of problems. I dont know tracks so I use driving line, also my wheel doesn't turn sharp enough to turn out after a spinout. Besides that, I run with abs only and i have 1 win after 2 grand prix. I'm running with lotus.

I had Lotus my first season but the car is extremely slidey and I did terrible all season and joined Virgin and won the first race of the season :D but I haven't gotten another but at Istanbul I got 2nd to Mark Webber on intermediate tires

I'm now at china where I'm starting 5 and I keep beating the field. For qualifying I set one fast lap and nobody beat it. I just kept accelerating time.

Back