A Great A-Spec Grind

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jaywalker
  • 18 comments
  • 1,909 views

Jaywalker

(Banned)
Messages
2,479
Messages
Rhinoafrica
With PSN being down, I've been driving all my European cars in the European Championship (Extreme) It's a blast 'cos you get to drive these great cars on 3 really cool tracks: Rome, Deep Forest & Monza. Just tune your cars down & you can have some epic battles while having great fun. The money? About 86 000 for 5 laps... it builds really quickly since it's such fun!
 
I really like this race aswell. Especially the one on Rome. I like to use a slightly tuned Audi TTS
 
Yeah, but it's not always just about the money. It's about enjoying the race / series that you are competing in.

For me it's the DTM series, trying all my different (yet appropriate) cars, as close to stock as possible. Makes for some great racing.

Think I will do the European as well, as it is quote similar.
 
Knelly
Yeah, but it's not always just about the money. It's about enjoying the race / series that you are competing in.

For me it's the DTM series, trying all my different (yet appropriate) cars, as close to stock as possible. Makes for some great racing.

Think I will do the European as well, as it is quote similar.

Try the Dream Car Championship ;) Really fun!
 
You get more money and xp if you do The American CHampionship in Extreme. 97 000. 5 LAPS at Indy 👍
I got the sense that this is a grind you actually enjoy racing.
 
MikeTheHockeyFan
I got the sense that this is a grind you actually enjoy racing.

No doubt! I also like grinding at the Dream car championship :D
 
You get more money and xp if you do The American CHampionship in Extreme. 97 000. 5 LAPS at Indy 👍

Yes, I know, but that is mind-numbingly boring. :crazy: This is FUN - that was my whole point... :) And as I said, the money builds nice & quickly. I made 1.5M last night without even noticing it, 'cos I got so involved in comparing different cars in races on the same track.
 
Yeah, but it's not always just about the money. It's about enjoying the race / series that you are competing in.

For me it's the DTM series, trying all my different (yet appropriate) cars, as close to stock as possible. Makes for some great racing.

Think I will do the European as well, as it is quote similar.

The DTM race on the Nordschleife is great to drive with the DTM cars but the AI is horrible. I had to tune down a stock A4 touring car a lot to get a close race. But I still like the race. Especially in the Premium Lexus.
 
You get more money and xp if you do The American CHampionship in Extreme. 97 000. 5 LAPS at Indy 👍

Try the Dream Car Championship ;) Really fun!

Agree with both of the above...American Championship for the sake of it in my opinion and DCC all the way for the thrill...I've been down tuning cars for the competition and makes it more fun :)
 
Last night i used m3 coupe, stock.
Really hard to win the event. Yea it was fun
 
I've found a fun one too, although it doesn't pay out quite as nicely. In preparation for the upcoming Cappuccino Cup (if we ever get the PSN restored) I've been searching for Aspec events I can enter the Capp in. I found the first race of the Japanese Championship (10 laps at Tsukuba) to be a total thrill! The cars are very evenly matched, the Capp destroys them in the turns and then they catch up (barely) on the back-stretch.

I've done it several times and always finish within +/- 2 seconds of the leader! The couple times I won, I didn't overtake for first place until the 7th or 8th lap and then had to defend, defend, defend! It's one of the first times I've competed against the AI in GT5 and actually felt like I was RACING! I think you get $32,000 for 1st and $23,000 for 2nd, so it doesn't pay quite as well but still pretty good coin. 👍
 
i also enjoy racing the euro events. the tracks are great fun and i am also trying different cars. try your jaguar e type or bmw z4. great racing to be had
 
I have used this one as my "grind" since I unlocked it. It may not be as good as some others money/credits wise, but you can never get bored with it.
 
Yep! I've been running this one a lot myself lately. Each of the three tracks are interesting in their own way and you have a pretty wide selection of cars to choose from.
 
Back in December, I grind these races, after that, I grind Indy. Now I'm done with grinding, just let my rubber-band do the trick. ;)
When I used to grind on these tracks, I usually choose Rome as it is the quickest. I get in my Pikes Peak Quattro(Largest, most powerful SUV I can find), and go on a demolition derby. I smash, T-bone, crush all the other cars while still winning the race and earning 86,000 Cr.
Pretty fun, when grinding gets boring. ;)
Check It Out! Screenshots of 'The Aftermath'! :p
5709263967_ec2fc0b3c0_b.jpg

5709264357_264ba64768_b.jpg
 
I've been doing the same thing depending on the car. I've been spending most of my time on the Dream Car Championship, the Tuned Car Challenge, the European Challenge and the American Extreme. I've been buying lots of different cars and tuning them differently, so its good to use these tracks to compare them while still earning money to buy more!:)
 
I have been doing the european championship as well. I have been driving all these different cars that I have accumulated and not driven. Got a few aston martins that needed to get broken in and boy did I break them...
 
The European Champion ain't bad. I've been racing a stock Elise 111R on comfort/sport tires for some driving pleasure.

For serious experience and cash flow, I've been doing the Dream Car Championship a lot for money. I've been changing it up between the Nissan R92CP, Peugeot 905, and Mazda 787B for each run. It's not challenging at all, but those 3 are a blast to drive, and racing on the circuits in the championship are among my favorites, especially the 'ring 24hr.
 
Back