While driving some classic cars today came up to my mind an idea of making a list of interesting stock cars, comparable in terms of PP and having some other connections (history, production years, iconic rivarly and etc.) among them as well.
I think this tread may be useful for creating a interesting races, leagues, clubs, cruise or to every car enthusiast.
So this is my set of cars (I have only premiums in my GT6 garage, so I surely, unintentionally overlooked some important standards):
Some iconic and beautiful european cars from the early seventies:
Alpine A110 1600 S '72 422 PP Ferrari Dino 246GT '71 413 PP Lancia Stratos '73 410 PP Lotus Europa Special '72 404 PP
Try them on any layout of Matterhorn (I recommend Riffelsee or Rotenboden).
I don't know the PP figures by memory, but I know for a fact that these cars are almost identical in performance. They pull off similar lap times and their PP rates are nearly identical. Not only that, but they are natural rivals.
Nissan Skyline GTR V Spec II Nur R34 '02
Nissan Skyline GTR V Spec II R34
Nissan Skyline GTR V Spec N1 R34
Nissan Skyline GTR R34 '00
Nissan Skyline GTR M Spec R34 '01
Nissan Skyline GTR MNP II R34 '99
Nissan Skyline GTR MNP II R34 '00
Nissan Skyline GTR V Spec '99
Nissan Skyline GTR M Spec Nur R34 '02
In seriousness the Mx-5s, the MR2s are supposed to be similar in PP and handling and are considered competitors but the MR2 is quite a difficult beast in this game.
Citroen 2CV (France)
Fiat 500 (Italy)
Mini (UK)
Volkswagen Beetle (Germany)
Cheap european post-war cars, each from one different country.
edit: actually not all of them are exactly from the same years, the Beetle was just before WW2 and the 500/Mini were 50's cars but still all of them were "people's cars"