A little help with my GTR?

United States
Washington
SilentShadowFox
Okay , so In gt5, I had a really fast R35 black ed tune.
8.8 1/4 on speed test.
Im trying to get that tune over to my new GT6 r35.
Would i Need to change the gear ratios to compensate for 200 hp gain?
Would be so cool if you could import cars over from 5 to 6.

8.8 1/4 on speed test.
hmmm no I think the gears work the same way it did in gt5. The only problem I see with porting over tunes from gt5 is the suspension since they changed them to mm

Well, here's my 2 cents: No Black Edition ran in the 8.8s, With my knowledge of GT6 you will need to change your trans to compensate for the added HP.

I know a few people that ran high 8.8's in GT5 but it wasn't easy to accomplish, the shift points had to be perfect and it needed to be caught at 6,500rpm for the best timed launch but even then the best that could be done was barely an 8.8 I mean were talking hundred thousandths of a second here (.00X). I managed an 8.897 but that was on an old update back in September 2013. It was possible but it was insanely difficult.

8.8 1/4 on speed test.

Are you sure you made the 8.8xx tune ?
I find it surprising that a person capable of creating a 8.8xx tune in GT5 is asking a question like this. It should be quite obvious that the same car with extra HP is going to require different gears.
If you used the GT5 gears on GT6, it would probably spin more on start, and hit top speed before the shadow.
I disagree about being able to transfer cars being cool. The cool part is creating a good tune from scratch and learning every step of the way.

I find it surprising that a person capable of creating a 8.8xx tune in GT5 is asking a question like this. It should be quite obvious that the same car with extra HP is going to require different gears.
If you used the GT5 gears on GT6, it would probably spin more on start, and hit top speed before the shadow.
I disagree about being able to transfer cars being cool. The cool part is creating a good tune from scratch and learning every step of the way.

I would absolutely hate it if cars were transferable from GT5 because that would just make it easier to hack, another reason why I hope PD never puts trading into GT6.

A lot of people not in the pro circle ran SRF on speed test, so that may be how he had 8.8. Kind of a big red flag that he can't make a base tune in GT6 but had a fast GTR on GT5. Just shows how reliant people became on speed test and why I don't want it in GT6.

A lot of people not in the pro circle ran SRF on speed test, so that may be how he had 8.8. Kind of a big red flag that he can't make a base tune in GT6 but had a fast GTR on GT5. Just shows how reliant people became on speed test and why I don't want it in GT6.
A lot of us ended up using the speed test as a way to battle for the best time. It may seem stupid to some but it kept the game alive for us a little longer. I myself have had great tuning battles with Nick, Trin, Wraith, and many others. In my opinion gt5 would have died faster for us if it wasn't for the speed test battles.

A lot of us ended up using the speed test as a way to battle for the best time. It may seem stupid to some but it kept the game alive for us a little longer. I myself have had great tuning battles with Nick, Trin, Wraith, and many others. In my opinion gt5 would have died faster for us if it wasn't for the speed test battles.
It might've been fun to indirectly battle with timeslips but, by the way people were clueless at the start of GT6 and even up to now, it shows how much people relied on it to make fast cars without knowing how to actually make a fast car without it. It was a crutch to many, and as one "fast" GT5 members had a meltdown on the forums.. shows that some need it.

It might've been fun to indirectly battle with timeslips but, by the way people were clueless at the start of GT6 and even up to now, it shows how much people relied on it to make fast cars without knowing how to actually make a fast car without it. It was a crutch to many, and as one "fast" GT5 members had a meltdown on the forums.. shows that some need it.
I agree with you on that many people can not tune without it. A lot of people who claimed they had fastest cars didn't do so until we posted our top tunes. I could name a few "PROS" who claim there cars were fast but failed to mention were they got the tunes from. My personally it was about battling with friends for that last .001 that kept me playing and tuning cars. I know you don't care for it which is fine with me but that was what we did in gt5 since dragging had basically died out due to hacks and other bs.

I agree with you on that many people can not tune without it. A lot of people who claimed they had fastest cars didn't do so until we posted our top tunes. I could name a few "PROS" who claim there cars were fast but failed to mention were they got the tunes from. My personally it was about battling with friends for that last .001 that kept me playing and tuning cars. I know you don't care for it which is fine with me but that was what we did in gt5 since dragging had basically died out due to hacks and other bs.
I enjoyed speed test tuning for a while. When the SRF-detuning and retro-launching started coming out of the woodwork it was the beginning of the end, and the hybriding is what killed it completely. Luckily I was over-the-road when the hybriding started, so all I did was tune cars offline to ballpark how fast they were. It helped to decide which cars to tune in GT6.

For me the speed test was nothing but drama from start to finish. Never touched it.

To the original poster, learn to tune for GT6. Myself and many others learned how to tune for GT6 on our own. But if you must need assistance: low flip, short-ish trans. Top out around the line. Slammed suspension with both ends stiff.

If that doesn't help then you need to just grind out tunes to see what works and what doesn't. Best of luck.

Best way to get fast is to run fast tuners and listen to their advice, if your cool and not a trash talker most of us will give you a little tidbit of info here and there, then add all the tidbits up and you have a pretty fast tune. Eventually you'll know what works best for what type of car.

Last edited:
What a lot of folks don't know when tuning a drag car for 1/4 is adding weight when the car is light and has a lot of torque.

Back