A little late...

United States
United States
Well I've been a member here for about 2 or 3 years now but have never been the least bit active despite reading a lot of the threads and different forums. I've finally decided to get over the hump and get in on the activity lately and plan to keep it up, so I figured I should probably actually do this thingy here and introduce myself!

• How did you find GTPlanet? Boredom and random web browsing when looking up news for GT4 brought me here and I've been checking the site almost daily since
  • Where are you from? St. Louis, Missouri
  • When did you start playing the Gran Turismo games? Sometime around when the first one came out... I want to say 1999 or so?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? For the past 2 years or so, exclusively, but I can also race with a controller fairly well. I used a DFP until 2012, and am now on my second G27.
  • What other games do you enjoy? A decent variety, and I own quite a few different systems and I play PC games as well on occasion. I'll always consider my Sega Genesis to be my baby though. :D
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community, now that you're a part of this site? Really just being a more active member and getting to know the community better. I've never really raced online, nor have I ever included myself in the Gran Turismo community, but I've always just been there when something major popped up like GT Academy. So, I would really just like to start being more active here on this fantastic site, get to know some of the folk that roam around here, and actually make my account worthwhile, rather than just putting in my random GT Academy posts.
So, yeah, I'm sure this wasn't really necessary but I figured I might as well since, despite this being my second account, I never bothered to do so. Hopefully I can manage to post and be a little more prevalent without getting myself kicked too quickly. :P I've used this site to just get news and read interesting stories and posts long enough, it's time to start digging in!

:cheers:

Hey @VindictiveScrub, welcome (a little late). Awesome job getting 4th in the Playseat Challenge. 👍 Being only 7sec down on the leader and gaining 5 positions is something to be proud of.

And holy frijole, just noticed you're in the number 1 eligible spot for USA GT Academy this year! :eek: Good luck in NYC!

Feel free to check out the WRS (links in sig). :cheers:

Welcome for years, I think is the right way to put that. Anyways. :cheers: Also, great job on all the success. Wish you the best in NYC.

@Gravitron, @Ken Koios thanks a lot for the praise and wishes guys. :) I'll probably seriously look into a series once this years academy is done and over with, it'll be nice to actually get in some more racing like the Playeseat Challenge.

If your looking to join a series, I'm not joining. I don't like losing that much. I'm just saying.

Your not that good? 4th in the Playseat challenge. 1st eligible for the USA GT Academy? Only one member here (that I recognized) posted a faster time in GT Academy. I've been playing GT for 15 years I was WELL behind your time. Not that fast. I'll believe that if you believe I am a 7' Yeti in heat with hair issues. Deal? Deal.

Haha very fair points. I'm certainly not one of the "aliens" is more of what I was saying. Too many mistakes and not enough speed in qualifying or time trialing. My biggest strength is overtaking and race craft, and the final round in this GT Academy just suits me perfectly because of the driving style and track. :D

Though, I don't have proof that you're not a yeti per se, so that's up in the air currently :sly:

Well, you see ever a giant, balding yeti screaming for no reason during one of your future races, it's me. After all, if you're that fast without playing to your strengths, you're going to kill it when you do. Tell the people at Nissan that I drive a Toyota when you met them for your contract signing.

Honestly. Best of luck. It sounds like your a shoe in for big things. I'll be rooting for you.

Thanks a lot, man. Hopefully this year works out a little better than the last 2. Practice pays off, right? :lol: And don't worry, I drive a Chevy so I'm sure they'll be a little too concerned with my stupid American decisions. :P

Back