A Lurker is.. Unlurking?

• Thread starter Spiran
  • 7 comments

Spiran

Premium
GTP_Spiran
Pfft, As If.
Hello :gtplanet:!

When I first started getting really hyped about GT5 (Seems like years ago now, oh wait.. it IS years ago). I stumbled upon GTP, as we all seem to do. It was the best place for new news as it always seemed to have news fastest and sometimes it'd be the only place to find news, usually better updated than the official GT5 site.

Anyway, I've been lurking for ages and have finally decided to join as I think (hope) that my driving has finally reached a good enough standard to be warranted a GTP tag. I really enjoy racing the GTP guys online, they are fast and clean. So I've been training with my Driving Force GT, which is AMAZING by the way, obviously I drool over the thought of a G25/27 but that kind of money isn't worth the improvment over the DFGT in my opinion. I'm the kind of guy who would endlessly lap the nurburgring in a M3 GTR Race Car on GT4 on time trial because it was so fun. Now that I have a wheel, just driving is almost irresistible, it is very immersive. I cannot wait to have the Nurburgring and my favourite car in HD, not to mention the prospect of online racing there.

At the moment I'm heavily anticipating Final Fantasy XIII, releasing on Tuesday. GT and FF are my favourite games, anything else is just filler between the HUGE gaps between releases, however GT and FF keep me occupied for years.

Really loving GT5p, the online racing is very entertaining and usually very enjoyable and tense.

I'm very new to the GTP community (As if you can't tell) and I would appreciate any tips on how to fit in here as I am a little overwhelmed by the sheer amount of content here.

So I'm going to try and get myself on the registry soon and try and find some even more entertaining racing and discussion here, sorry for the long post.

-Spiran.

Last edited:
Welcome to :gtplanet:, one thing to remember, is the AUP. It's pronounced like this but is a tad more dangerous... you've done good on your intro post, so i thnk you won't have a problem 👍. Use search and edit instead of double-posting ;)

Welcome to GTPlanet.

I just read your post about changing over to the wheel. 👍

Once your on the Registry try some laps at the WRS.
The link is in my signature.

Welcome to GTP Spiran :cheers:

There's many different topics being discussed in the various sections while we're waiting for more GT5 news so get stuck in and don't take it to heart if anyone disagrees with you ;)

Neal

Thank you guys :).

I have submitted my qualification, after a good two and a half hours of Fuji. It was good fun and I think it is a good qualifier, the car and track choice makes for a good determination of a base level of skill. It was hard to decide 'right, thats as fast as I'm gonna get' but I had to stop because of time issues.. There is always time for one more lap.. however there is not always time for another 15 laps..

the AUP is definitley more dangerous than the AWP, its a little too inaccurate for my liking (Oh the old days of CS and CSS, thats another story though).. The AUP scores a perfect banhammer headshot everytime.

I'm working on the week 71 WRS just now, hoping to be on the registry and eligible to participate before Monday the 15th. GTP is a good way to keep GTPrologue fresh and interesting.

I've been having a little look around and I'm starting to get used to the layout and the forums I am interested in. Can't wait to get some racing on the go though.

Once again thanks for the warm welcome, some forums I have visited don't bother to reply to the introduction threads...

-Spiran

Back