A momement of your time.

• Thread starter Krack
  • 4 comments
Hi all. I've eagerly anticipated the arrival of TT for some time but being in Ozstrayla we have to wait till June 1. I don't mind the occasssional blast on my PS2 but if it's motorcycle related I'm there. I give pretty much all the MC games a go but must say GP500 and SBK2001 on the PC have never been topped. In saying this I've yet to play TT.
I've been reading this site for a few days trying to gain some insight to how this game fairs. Most of my questions have been answered just from reading the forum but I have some others to those of you who have the game.
Firstly, do you get to dice with the AI? By this I mean will the AI make passing moves on you or is each race a catch and pass senario.
Also i've noticed from videos you can put a wheel or two onto the grass/gravel at some big lean angles and not crash. Does this only happen in arcade mode?
Does the AI wick it up out of corners or back it in into them?
Hope I'm not just repeating questions. Thanks.:)

In my experience any leaning on the grass = falling off.
The only time I've been passed by the AI is as a result of my error, and it took the correct line.

yeah . . AI is not very good . . but just pick a slower bike and you can have a good fight . . even though they sometimes just bump into you . . . lack of AI is a big problem in this game . . 👎

and yes . . you can make quite spectacular jumps and shortcuts over bumps and through grass or dirt . . without crashing . .. :ill:

well . . but it's still the best bike game I ever played . . . 👍

Well Krack, if you've ever played a Gran Turismo game you'll have a pretty good idea of how the AI behaves. I have been passed by the AI in some of the later tournaments due to them just taking better lines than me. As far as them coming into corners, I'd say this is where the AI is most conservitive. Unfortunatly from what I've expierienced the AI in 85% of the tournaments is not much of a challenge at all. The problem is that you'll enter a 600cc tournament and be pitted against some early ninties 400cc bikes, which isn't much of a challenge for a '05 CBR600RR. Of course if you want more of a challenge you could just enter with a more evenly matched machine. And while 85% of the races are far to easy, seems the other 15% is increadibly hard, IMHO.
As far as touching grass, it is quite realistic if you ask me. (BTW, I have been riding close to 19 years) You can go off course but it gets quite squirly very quickly. If you are at a hard lean you'd best keep it on the track, it's not impossible to pull out of a slight slip up but I think that is where some "real life" expirience comes into play, at least until you get the hang of the game.

Don't let any of these few negatives discourage you from buying the game though. I too am somewhat akin to the motorsickle games, and have played many. TT imo, is by far the best and most realistic by far.
Only negatives I have about TT are:
-Races too easy and not enough of them
-Not enough modding
-No online

Everything else, the graphics, the physics, the tracks are top notch in my book.
I got the game the day it came out in the US, finished 100% a while ago and it still hasn't left my PS2. Infact it's on right now just tempting me to beat my Sears Point time.:D
Anyways, sorry for my rambling ...just get the game, it's worth it.
:cheers:

Thanks for the replys guys.
Shame about the AI. I do seem to remember them being pretty crappy in the GT series too. Bad collision physics as well. Bump-bump-bump!
Well, twenty more days or so to go. I'll blow the dust off MotoGP4.
Thanks.👍

Back