A Month in the life of GT7 and me

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 9 comments

Harley45

Grumpy Old Git
Premium
ScruffybUK
oxGhYkf.jpg

So here we are one calender month after GT7 has been released , having played every single GT since the beginning I thought i'd give my current thoughts after playing this game .
So lets start with my current Stats :
Current Playtime 144 Hrs
Actual Driving Time 91 Hrs
Days logged in 31
CR Earned 50,246,414
CR Spent on Cars 37,772,405
Cars bought 52
CR Spent on Tuning 6,694,660
CR Spent on Customisation 204,720
Distance Driven 11947.20 Miles
.......................................................................................
Game Setup for me
ABS : Weak
TCS : 1
Wheel G29
.....................................................................................
So a average player maybe I dunno nor do I care either , i'm playing the game and what I think about it is my thoughts alone . Never been a fan of Reviews and also not really interested in Trophy's , well except for winning races coz 2nd place sucks .

I hate the Cafe , there i've said it , the hand holding and all the other stuff , my ideal GT would be 3 or 4 , just a racing game , you buy your cars you tune them and you rinse and repeat till you have all the cars you want to race and tune .

The Used Car Dealership is nothing like I previously remember and seems to take ages to roll over the stock . I'll skip what I really think about the other dealer with those expensive cars , suffice to say i'm not impressed with that idea either .

Gameplay wise it's fun but woefully lacking in content , yes they have said they are adding more of everything and even Endurance Races ( yay ) but in Missions ??? why not have them as events instead so you can repeat them and still earn a half decent amount of CR with different types of cars you own in your garages it is a car collection game <sic> which brings me onto the next point .

This whole collection focus seems wrong to me , Experience Points would seem to be a better idea and anyhow I have no intrest in collecting every car some of them are proper turds i'd not even give away as gifts .

The driving side was a shock to the system I had to buy a car for the Pan/Am Championship so I bought the HellCat ..............yer well we all know what happens then don't we ....jeezus WTF is wrong with RWD cars ??? , thankfully the Tuning forum came to the rescue and I know have some really great cars to drive and actually enjoy driving .

I have even dabbled at tuning some of my own cars with differing results , my neighbour upstairs says he laughs his head off when he hears me cussing my head off as either the tune doesn't work or the dreaded AI decides to pit me for no apparent reason , ah yes the AI .

I sometimes wonder how after 25 years and more than one release of " The Real Driving Simulator " it's still acceptable to have such a awful idea that it is the AI , the chase the rabbit races actually only really show me two things .

1) The AI still sucks

2) Oh a 41 second lead , I best build a OTT Car to get to first place

There is a 4 lap race in Tokyo a GTR Cup it says reccomended pp is 700 . So I build one and by the start of lap 3 i'm 15 seconds ahead of the next car ??? I built a 600pp version , yes it was more of a fun race so I wonder about the pp requirements...........often

Will I keep playing the game , yes of course I will .

Do I enjoy it , yes rather a lot will enjoy it even more when it gets the much needed content update and I can find the two cars I am currently looking for .

The Liverys side of the game and the Scapes thing is slowly growing on me so i'm dabbling a bit at both and have found some wonderful old early days liveries , it's great to see people spending so much time creating these .

Today a livery that brought back a rather funny memory . The Team Oreca Viper and SSR5 i'd be hammering down the main start finish straight and right at the last second i'd sling the car into the first bend tunnel sideways , sure 99 times out of 100 it would smash into the wall , but once in a while it would go in and out sideways without touching the walls and i'd be laughing my head off .

Oh yeah Drifting , nope I suck and i'm real jealous of those people who make it look so easy .

Finally if I was to review this all i'd say it was a lot like my School Report Card " Could do better "

Last edited:
I also have a lot of free time at the moment as our store is in a renovation and our opening is in May.

Played the game already for 136 hours and still enjoying every minute. Except when i open my daily miles tickets. :ouch: Can't wait for extra content soon and more events to grind!

You can see all of my stats here

Last edited:
I hear you on the PP requirements. I always enter a car that is around 150 PP less than the required amount. That makes it fair for the AI lol. If I can't due to class requirements, I'll play with ballast and power settings. If you enter with the recommended PP, you're gonna slaughter them.

Good points I agree with most. As Astro above me said, try playing on Hard and it makes the AI a lot more competitive. But yeah the game could sure use some improvements.

Cars bought: 16
Credits spent on cars: 3,351,000
Total Time Driven: 25:28:57
Total credits acquired: 6,422,100
Days logged in: 20

I’ve finished cafe, all gold missions and licenses. I don’t care about online and already out of anything to do solo with 25.5 hours driven. Some days I just get on for the daily workout and get my garbage 5k credit roulette ticket.

I really expected more from a numbered Gran Turismo celebrating 25th anniversary and I’m disappointed.

Last edited:
I'm starting to despise the grind. I really want the CLK-LM but that grind will definitely wear me out. Hopefully the other cars that I want will not be that much. I want the Pennzoil GTR, 155 Alfa Romeo, maybe another group C car like 787B or whatever comes up. I don't much care for the really old cars, but I want those classic race cars.

Last edited:
Back