A new DFP with a clutch

• Thread starter m7ammed
  • 14 comments
Saudi Arabia
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
m7ammed84
Having I new Driving force wheel with a clutch is going to be great .This I would really love and would make a huge step making this game as real as possible , of course it would be on certin cars for example the new M5 would only come in SMG mode(clutchless manual ) Mercs AMG are autos....ect you get the idea

I've always wondered why this feature hasn't ever been added.
Although the clutch would (IMO) be optional, as some people (especially the younger) wouldn't understand the concept of a clutch.
The advantage of clutch control would be great, a new challenge of perfect shift points (double clutching).

Has anyone seen any pics of what the new driving force ex wil look like? is that thew wheel + pedals we're talking about here? I really want to see it. They should make it so oyu have to find the bite before you can just floor it off the line.

vtec_guy
Has anyone seen any pics of what the new driving force ex wil look like?

There are no pictures because it doesn't exist. All these threads are just "wouldn't it be cool if..." threads.. it's all just wishing, there's no fact here yet.

ah thatd be great, itd be like driving the real thing, except in situation of course. lol i can see it now, you run into the pits near the end of a race, mere seconds in front of the 2nd place racer, set off to go and...arg.....stalled it :lol:

TribalTone
The advantage of clutch control would be great, a new challenge of perfect shift points (double clutching).
Ah yes, double clutching. That would be fun to do, as would the good old heel-toe downshift, but I'd prefer an "H" pattern shifter to go along with the clutch pedal.

I guess there are a few things bad about having a clutch.

1) The clutch will get a lot of use, how long will it last?

2) Some cars, like the M3 GTR that Hans Stuck used on the Nurburgring doesnt need a clutch to upshift, just to downshift.

3) Will they make the pedals close together so we can learn to heel and toe?

4) If you dont have some kind of device to mount the GT Force Steering Wheel, useing the shifter can be a pain in the neck, unless you use the padles to shift. I hardly ever use the shifter.

5) Hopefully they will make it so that you can use the clutch or nor use it. I would hate to have my steering wheel not working just because of one pedal.

Just a few ideas that poped into my head once I heard about the clutch, I think it is a great idea overall. I just hope that they can make it to fit all of those problems.

Yeah, GT5 really needs to have a clutch. But it's easy to put a clutch pedal and e-brake lever on your existing DFP as long as you have a Madcatz MC2 laying around. Just assign the clutch (in Enthusia, and TOCA 2, etc) as the gas pedal on the MC2 and set the MC2 pedals next to the DFP pedals so they are in the appropriate spot. As for the e-brake lever, you just set the MC2 backwards beside you so that the shift lever is easlily in reach and assign the e-brake as up-shift on the MC2's shift lever. and Viola, it feels just like driving a real car.

Note: The MC2 takes the place of the controller, not the DFP. (the newer models of the MC2 have a control assignment function so you shouldn't have to modify your controller set-up) Therefore you will have two options for hitting the clutch or the e-brake, one will be on the MC2 and the other will be a button on the DFP.

it would be better shifting through peddles as some cars have 5 gears some have 7 or 6 , but if the could make a gear that actuall locks the extra gears and make use only those yo need it would be great

BMW318ciC
it would be better shifting through peddles as some cars have 5 gears some have 7 or 6 , but if the could make a gear that actuall locks the extra gears and make use only those yo need it would be great

Frex dude, www.frex.com/gp They have an H-pattern shifter, unfortunately, it is very expensive, (it's in yen, 12,000 yen = 130 dollars last I checked) and it isn't compatable with the PS2, PC only.

Back