A new member of the family!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jim Prower
  • 8 comments
  • 675 views

Jim Prower

The Big Blue Ford.
Premium
Messages
10,620
Messages
gtp_jimprower
'91 VW Cabrio!

Mom's been looking fro a small car to use to get back and forth to work, now that she has a job. the Minivan's not efficient enough, so we picked up a VERY sharp '91 Cabriolet. 83,000 mi, 1.8 engine, auto. the interior is immaculate, as is the top. the windshield has a large crack, but that can be replaced. Purchase price was $2,000.

Dad is familiar with VWs, having owned a Beetle, an older Cabrio, and a Golf II previously, keeping the Golf II until his work started buying him Chevy trucks.
 
Tell him he could buy my MKIII GTI VR6 if he wants to get back into them. :)

Nice score with the basket though.
 
Cabrios are needy little ladies, but being that she is an MKII, I don't think she'll put up too much of a fuss.

Welcome to the club!
 
xscuseless.gif


That said, I'm sure that would be a great car to own. Older Golfs are a car that I've been wanting to drive or own. Have you driven it yet?

I'll be another to welcome you to the VW club. :cheers:
 
I agree with him. I want some pics. Those are the little tiny Convertible VW's, right?
 
1993.volkswagen.cabriolet.10663-396x249.jpg


Here's what one looks like.
 
Yeah, Mom really kikes it. I'm sure I can get a photo sometime, today, even, given that I get homework done.
 
^Yikes, talk about a spelling error...

Those Cabrios are by far the coolest looking ones IMO. Its hard to find one in relatively good shape. Can't wait to see pictures.
 
Back