A new wheel?

• Thread starter squeek
  • 27 comments
squeekimus
squeekimus
if there is to be a new wheel made for the next iteration of the gt series, i would hope they could go one step further and add a clutch and H-shift like gearbox. in my opinion, this is the only way forward and the only way they can make it more realistic. after all, it is the REAL driving simulator, but without a clutch and gearbox lol. what are your opinions, and do you think they'd do it for us fanatics?

squeek
if there is to be a new wheel made for the next iteration of the gt series, i would hope they could go one step further and add a clutch and H-shift like gearbox. in my opinion, this is the only way forward and the only way they can make it more realistic. after all, it is the REAL driving simulator, but without a clutch and gearbox lol. what are your opinions, and do you think they'd do it for us fanatics?
yeah, separate H-shift adapter like on the FrexGP one :D and clutch would be great! :D of you dont give enough throttle and release the clutch to fast the engine stops so you have to restart it :D then there should be a startkey as well! :D and you gotta have the neutral gear or step on the cluth to start :D wow it would be cool, i guess its possible as well :D but it wont be cheap :scared:

id pay £150 for a new wheel like the one you described, after all, i payed £100 for the DFP. theres no stopping my cash flow when a new wheel comes out :)

squeek
id pay £150 for a new wheel like the one you described, after all, i payed £100 for the DFP. theres no stopping my cash flow when a new wheel comes out :)
i can pay much for a wheel as well! if its really good :)

EDIT: oh, and they should try to make it quiet :D

hahaha yeah they damn well should! my pc is in the front room and i cant drift on LFS cos everyone tells me to shut the hell up LOL :S

squeek

Add 4 times that and you can get a wheel with a manual shifter and a clutch :P

squeek

Sounds like a plan. But what would the 5-speeds shift with?
Ahh. Idea! 💡 Maybe if they implemented the gearbox/ tranny swap, similiar to the NFS series (i know...) then the whole new shifter would work, but for now, the shift up/ down knobby-deal should suffice. :guilty:

What would be good is tension on the gear lever if you dont depress the clutch or maybe even a "lock out" system so that the level will not move untill the clutch is depressed. But if racing gearboxes were fitted then this would only happen on downshifts giving the feeling of a "dog box"

i think that a 6 shift gearbox would be good without a clutch, would feel better than the current stick shift. what do you think?

squeek
i think that a 6 shift gearbox would be good without a clutch, would feel better than the current stick shift. what do you think?
A 6 speed Definatly would be better, but how awesome it would be to be able to dump the clutch and slide the car out sideways...... I'm drooling...lol

Yea that'd be badass. Two things as well as what's already mentioned. 1, If Logitech could let the wheel spin more freely but still retain the force feedback that would be good and 2, the gear selector changes depending on what vehicle that you're in e.g in a BMW M3 CSL, since it has no conventional manual option, the H gate would be locked out and you could only use the sequential box. And in automatic only cars e.g the Mercedes AMG E55, they could only be used in auto mode. This would be yet another slight boost in realism for GT5.

squeek
hahaha yeah they damn well should! my pc is in the front room and i cant drift on LFS cos everyone tells me to shut the hell up LOL :S

whats your lfs name? i just finnished a drift session in LFS. lol.

A H-shifter and clutch would be very improbable (chance about zero) for a consumer level gaming wheel. It won't happen. Sorry dudes.

Sure would be cool though.

I'm afraid I agree with James, if they did make it you'd have to have some way to mount it to a surface with it in the correct location, so we'd all have to buy some kind of a gaming seat. As much as I want one, I'm cheap and I'm not about to pay $150 for the wheel plus god knows how much for the compatible gaming seat. As for the clutch it's a cool idea, but I was thinking about it the other day after coming home. Part of the way that I drive my manual transmission in my car is I listen to the motor and compare that to the G acceleration I'm feeling and that determines how quickly I let it out. Same when I'm being aggressive on starts and Im trying to avoid spinning tires, or stalling. I think it might be a little awkward in the game to have to try and figure out the best way to clutch it without that extra information. I'll stick with the manumatic paddle shifters for now.

Clutchman83
I'm afraid I agree with James, if they did make it you'd have to have some way to mount it to a surface with it in the correct location, so we'd all have to buy some kind of a gaming seat. As much as I want one, I'm cheap and I'm not about to pay $150 for the wheel plus god knows how much for the compatible gaming seat. As for the clutch it's a cool idea, but I was thinking about it the other day after coming home. Part of the way that I drive my manual transmission in my car is I listen to the motor and compare that to the G acceleration I'm feeling and that determines how quickly I let it out. Same when I'm being aggressive on starts and Im trying to avoid spinning tires, or stalling. I think it might be a little awkward in the game to have to try and figure out the best way to clutch it without that extra information. I'll stick with the manumatic paddle shifters for now.

You guys might be cheap, but the rest of us are not. Don't be so negative based on your income. Hoping is the first step to reality. :)

many pc racing games support manual clutch pedals and shifters. so maybe the ps3 could support these. i mean.. it has support for up to 8 controllers.

Well,they could make it like this:
For casual gamers who want a steering wheel,a little improved version of DFP.
For the hardcore sim-fan,a set of add-ons for that same wheel(Clutch pedals and h-shifter) that would be sold separately.

And it would be great if the wheel could be bigger,and pedals made of metal.

If you put an H gate and clutch in it better have realistic behaviour, I want worn syncros on old, high KM's cars :D

I also want a life sized wheel, the current one is too small. Even if there isn't an H gate I want a detatchable gearstick thats a realistic size so I can put it next to me and on the proper side (the left!). A handbrake would be nice too. I'm sure someone could build all this stuff but I'm crap at electronics.

squeek

Totally agree. It feels weird without a clutch and proper gear stick. We need a hand brake as well!! 👍

Maybe we could start a petition for a wheel which is full sized, has a clutch, a proper gear stick and a hand brake and get people on GT planet to sign it?

My guess is that a wheel like that will probably come out somewhere during 2050 or something. It's too complex to do, it won't sell like a classic wheel.

there is a wheel like that coming out that has infinite steering lock and its strong and can spin fast enough to rip out of your hands. only thing is its 700 bucks :embarrassed:

:edit: i forgot to add you can attattch your steering wheel to the base or a real racing steering wheel if you want. :EDIT:

Electric Orgasm
Well,they could make it like this:
For casual gamers who want a steering wheel,a little improved version of DFP.
For the hardcore sim-fan,a set of add-ons for that same wheel(Clutch pedals and h-shifter) that would be sold separately.

And it would be great if the wheel could be bigger,and pedals made of metal.

nice idea but don´t forget to buy a sparco racing seat while your still on it :D

but yes a h-shift would be realy nice and u need the cluch.

but remember this.. if they "create" damage in gt5 u don´t want to overpower your car and miss the shift on the red line and ov erheat your engine.. ain´t so much fun if u blow your engine during a endurence race..

Latest Posts

Back