A New Year, A New Millenia of Posts, and a New WRS

  • Thread starter Thread starter LinPark
  • 7 comments
  • 1,411 views

LinPark

Premium
Messages
1,140
United States
Delaware, OH
Messages
GTP_LinPark
I've been sitting on post 999 for ages now trying to come up with something creative to do for my 1,000th post. With the onset of 2011 and opening of the GT5 Registry, I figured now is the best time. I'm posting this in the WRS forum because that is where I've made most of my posts over the last few years and will probably be where I focus most of my time in this coming year.

With the start of GT Acadamey NA, I've come to realize that I may be a decent driver in the game but that wouldn't translate into much on the track because I use the driving line. I can just imagine by some miracle I get into the finals only to total the first car they put me in at Turn 1. After they pry me out with the jaws-of-life, the first thing I say in my semi-conscious state is that I missed the turn because I was busy looking for the button in the car to turn on the driving line and that small video goes viral here on the forum. Then I have to change my identity with a new name, like crazytortise or Jack or something, oh wait, those are already taken. :sly:

Anyway, I've decided to turn off the driving line - to those who told me to do that 3 years ago, it must come as some consolation that you were right (which you've known for years now). I'm sure its going to effect my times with all these new cars and tracks but its something I'm committed to doing. I plan on running the qualifier this way and would like to limit my time spent on it to just a few hours since that's all I will be able to give each week to WRS.

Lastly, a HUGE thanks to Jordan for this forum, to an awesome group of moderators, and to the numerous friends I've made here since I joined. I can't imagine a better place to spend my next 1,000 posts. Hope to see you all on track - Let's race! 👍
 
Well said! I too have been smacked in the face with the reality of how much I use the racing line. I too will be commiting to not using it in the future.

Looking forward to much good clean racing in the near future. Cheers to all.

Jeremie
 
Good post, I would also agree, its a great forum, very friendly and welcoming considering the numbers, I look forward to 2011
 
I too am guilty of the "Blue Line", I guess my New Year's resolution will be to finally turn it off? I am looking forward to the GT5 WRS since I failed to submit my entry in GT5P. I am really looking forward to some great racing with some great folks. I have met alot of gaming friends here on GTP and am looking forward to making many more. See you guys on the both the Track and the Battlefield! :cheers:
 
I get confused if I use the driving line. My brain just can't cope with that much information!
 
To be honest, I only was guilty of using it for brake points. I never used it for the lines it represented. After a few warm-up laps, I would know exactly where to brake based on the change from blue to red and I would start to see how far inside the red line I could get and still maintain adequate lap times. I'll have to rely on markers now or certain track features from now on and of course all of that will change based on which car you are in and what tires you have on ... blah blah blah. So much to learn! I really envy the guys that can just jump in a car and drive. Reminds me of the old controller challenge that was held and I think it was timeattack and Synwraith in the finals. I believe they had to show up in the chat and were given the car and the track at that moment and had to race immediately. Now THAT is RACING!
 
Nice write up Lin! See you at WRS.
 
Thanks Lin! I have successfully turned of the Blue Line, completed my resolution. :cheers:
 
Back