A nice return to racing

• Thread starter Bruunz
  • 4 comments
Australia
Australia
So it has been almost 6 months since i last played GTS and generally have large breaks between game play. Mainly due to lack of motivation and commitment to playing an online game. An online game can be hard when you have a partner that doesn't like video games in general and trying to justify how you can't pause a race or trying to stay home on a Saturday night for a FIA round doesn't really work.

As i found other means of entertainment my time here on the forum dropped off and so did my little involvement with community. However I've kept my interest in GTS by following a few YouTubers. Credit to @F4H Super GT @F4H Rosso @EERIEISSSS @Tidgney and Z28 for keeping me entertained. Also a great job to Poly for streaming the regional and world finals.

As of a couple of weeks ago i decided to pull out my wheel and have another go and I have enjoyed my time. I recognised some competitors still racing and had some good battles and i try to clear off the rust. I'm hoping to make a consistent effort to play.

It's good to be back racing with all of you again.

Additionally, thanks to the YouTubers mentioned earlier, i decided to give content creation a go. Also a big credit to those who do this. This video was almost 10 hours of my time to produce. I learnt a few things for next time and hope if can cut that in half but i can appreciate the effort these people put in and those that do it regularly.

I apologise in advance for the poor voice work. Somehow i developed a lisp with my crappy mic. Hope you enjoy. Also open to feedback. Please leave me any here or on the video.

Glad to be back :)

Hi,
Nice to be back isn't it??:cheers:

I played a lot years ago, then my wheel broke (it was one of those Thrustmaster all-in-one pedals, stand and wheel things - was fine but had bungie cords instead of motors!!) - then we moved countries and had different voltage, plus slow internet and big "updates" so I just gave up for about 5 years or so.
Got a wheel and seat for Christmas, downloaded GTS and am as pleased as punch! I might even be an addict (although I'm still a cr@p driver!). I have a hobby again!

Sorry I can't comment on your video as I haven't seen the whole thing yet (at 25 minutes I haven't found the time - I also inherited ADS from the kids...:lol: ).

Video too long - point taken :)

It is nice to be back. I just wish i could play in the evening. I've been considering making an account in another region to get more competitive game play but it won't help for my FIA chances which i've barely been attempting.

Anyone know if there are instructions on how to create another account in a new region and share access?

Apparently you can but you'll need a post / zip code from the new region (shouldn't be hard to get) and a different email address. I have actually moved regions and set up a new account with no issues.

So another week and another video. A lot shorter this time round as there weren't a lot of "highlights". Mostly errors on my behalf.

Enjoy.

I really wanted to work in the song somehow... need to be more creative :)

Last edited:
Back