A night in the life of a streetraces: from the streets to the tracks.

• Thread starter Duss321
  • 1 comments
Pinkster-Aap
Just to let you know that this is a work of fiction and a prologue of gt5 stories to come. I would hereby also let you guys know that i'm not a native English speaker. So my grammar and spelling is poor. The reason i write this? Just to pass time at work.
Updates of races in gt5 will follow with pictures offcourse.

If you've seen that populair streetracing films then you've probably heard this quote before: "I live my life a quarter mile at a time, i live for the moment..." and other b*ll**** like that.
Well, all you wannabe streetracers out there, let me tell you a little story.
A story with highs, lows, prices i've won, but ultimatly a price i had to pay.
Who i am? My name is not important, just listen to what i have to say.

"no mate, it's not a type R" i answered
"but..."
"It's an EJ9 with b18c engine from an DC2 Integra"
"I can't help it that your VW golf can't keep up"
"**** you!!, you civic drivers are all the same 'vtec kicked in yo!!'"
"that might be so, but you still owe me 100 bucks" i replied casually, it caught him off guard.

And thats another 500 bucks on one evening, not bad.
This is better then my crappy deskjob. I do'nt have to worry about turning in papers, making deadlines etc. Well, i do have to worry about the cops, but then again there nowhere to be found.
Usually we hit up 4 or 5 diffirent spots in one night, just to keep them at bay.
Like i said, i've won 500 euro's and its time to call it quits.
I get into my car and start the engine, the sounds of de buddyclub spec exhaust makes my blood flow faster. what a sound.
On the way home i get passed bij a black honda crx. I know the owner so i step on the gas.
Time for a freeway race.
I drive next to the crx and make eyecontact that's all he needs to know.
We both start gunning down the freeways, weaving through traffic.
At times like these i really feel untouchable. Cars flash by and i don't even look twice before making a move. I'm one with the car.

After 15 minutes or so, the crx takes an exit. I take the next one.
Suddenly i get a call from my friend. He's not a complete stranger to the streetracingworld and want me to see the updates he has done to his car.
I stare at the clock and see that it's 4 o'clock in the morning.
But i decided to meet in at an industrial area.
Anyway the guy build in an k20 engine from an EP3 into his EG6.

"over 200hp" he says, I can tell he's excited.
"nice, and whats the weight of the car again?"
"around 850 kg, i've pretty much stripped the car."
"haha, bet thats going fast as ****"
"wanna race?" he says.
"where?" i ask, we ussually race on roads next to the highway, where there's not mucj traffic.
"well... here, what did you think? that i was going to drive 20km just to race?"
"ok, let's race" i replied

So we both took our positions at a straight end in this industrial area, filled with crossings. But at 4am it's pretty much deserted.

"i'll honk 3 times he says"
I nod.
I'm getting pretty tense.
"thats the first honk" i say to myself.
"the second"
my hands are getting damp.
"...and thats the 3rd!!"
I push the pedal all the way down and since i had a better reaction time i end up in 1st place.

My friend is right behind me.
The light of street lantarns are flashing by, adrenaline is pumping and the crossings seem to dissappear.
We're halfway down the road as i spot headlights coming from a sidestreet from the right. So i slam my brakes.
My mate who was right behind me had te turn his steering wheel in order to avoid me and loses control.
I see his car spin past my car and i see his rear ens hitting a lightpost. The car imediatly spins the aother way around while leaving a big chunk of the rear behind. It comes to a complete stop after it hits a tree with the front.
I manage to walk away with nothing, my friend however wasn't so lucky.

I noticed his lifeless body when i checked the wreckage. This really teared me up. And i had to face a dilemma, will a flee the scene or stay with the risk of getting arested. I choose to stay.
When the police came they arested me and took me downtown.
I was locked up for a very short time, since it wasn't the first incident i was involved in. They also confiscated my car and drivers licence.
But they can have it all, i don't need it.
I know i'm responsable for my friends death and i will never drive again.

That was 5 years ago and i'm still sorry for the loss of my friend.
But driving is in my blood and a way of life. MY way of life.
This time i'm back and ready to race where it belongs...... on the track.

I'd advise you to censor the whole word if you're typing out swear words. Also, the forum has an auto-censor function, so words like the F-word are bleeped out like ****.

Back