A noob question

• Thread starter prowler45
  • 10 comments
Hi all,

I'm new and not sure if this was mentioned anywhere and it is entirely possible I'm just stupid. Anyway here it goes:

I've just completed the Spider/Roadster races and have won a Chrysler Prowler. When I tryed entering it in a race it said I couldn't because it is a special car.

So if you win a car in this game you can't race it because you won it or it's "special?"

What the hecks the point of winning a car if you can't use it?

Thanks and sorry if I'm a stupid noob,
P

it's just the prowler and a few other cars. 99 percent of all cars in this game are able to race
the ones that I KNOW of that aren't are the prowler, the nike car, and the caterham fireblade.
The old time cars from the 1800s are too slow and cannot be raced........heck the hills in nur give them problems............

I think there's one more somewhere but I forgot what it was.

If you search for "special cars" and limit the search to thread titles on this board, you'll probably find a few topics, but you've got the basic answer already.

"Special" cars are the ones that have extra animation, which creates too many pixels for them to participate in a race. The PS2 hardware can't keep up with an animated driver figure, moving engine parts and belts (the 100-year-old Mercedes) and 5 other cars as well. So the special cars are for solo experiences. Take tham out and enjoy them on a Sunday afternoon photo-drive.
Also, a search for "special car" would have brought up about 4 pages of threads. This has been discussed before. Once or twice. Somewhere.

It's not because they're too old, it's because their animation is too busy. I think it might be fun to have a Model-T Cup, or something like that.

Welcome to the GTP, prowler45. The problem is that they are special cars and aren't really meant to be raced. The list includes the Prowler, Caterham Fireblade, Toyota Triathlon car, Nike car, Tank car, the Model-T, and the Mercedes Wagons. There are a few others you have to watch out for where you can only take them to certain places.

kyle
...they are special cars and aren't really meant to be raced. The list includes the Prowler, Caterham Fireblade, Toyota Triathlon car, Nike car, Tank car, the Model-T, and the Mercedes Wagons...

Plenty of room for these in the game, but none whatsoever for a single SAAB.

prowler45
Thanks. Damn I like the Prowler!!! Oh Well. There is always Arcade mode. :)

You don't have to go to arcade mode to race / drive it. You can take it to any track and drive it. Just not against other cars, unless that's what you're going after. But yeah, you can still drive it around any track you want in GT mode.

Don't forget that you can't race the Auto Union V16...only goes to the Nurb (not Family Cup).

Back