A noob with some questions

Spain
Spain
Marty_Debiru
I have been playing racing games for ages on joystick controller (or even keyboard), but recently thought I should step up my game and get a sim rig.

The thing is I never really liked them, think it's hard and stressfull, at least at the begginig. I tried my friend's top noth rig (forgot the brand, but Fanatec box and all other top brands, costs a fortune) and can't barelly drive straight. He told me because it's a very aggressive rig, so one of my questions is if a more "lay out" rig would be better.
Since I do most of drifting, I have heard Thurstmaster T300 (H maybe) with the optional pedals and H pattern shifter should be good. At this point I'm more of an relaxed, free time player because of work, so don't want a rig that requires a too big learning step. Maybe in the future I could upgrade.

Also, VR is excluded. I have very serius motion sickness (lmao) and got dizzy to the point of having to run to the bathroom because I was gonna puke, after playing 2 minutes!

Anyway, I know it's been talk to oblivion but any tip or suggestion is welcome. Maybe there are better new choices out there. As a last note, if it's both Pc and PS compatible even better. Thanks!

Nothing about more expensive (more aggressive?) equipment makes it harder to drive. The only reason perhaps I can think as to why you found it so hard on your friend's rig is he has insanely high force feedback, or insanely low force feedback, or perhaps just has some fundamental stuff setup wrong. With regards to difficulty of setup, apart from some very expensive & exotic PC only setups they are all very easy to install and get going.

The T300 is a nice wheelbase if you happen to get lucky to get one that was made properly (the problems with the T300 manufacturing quality are well documented). That was my last wheelbase before my recent upgrade and I would never recommend a T300 to anyone due to the shoddy build quality.

If drifting is a top priority then a free flowing, fast wheelbase is a must-have. You mentioned Playstation and PC so my recommendations in that space for a drifter would be the Thrustmaster T-GT II or the Fanatec DD Pro wheelbases with the DD Pro having the edge because of its direct drive motor.

But really all recommendations are constrained by a person's budget so that is the first question to ask yourself.

Last edited:
Nothing about more expensive (more aggressive?) equipment makes it harder to drive. The only reason perhaps I can think as to why you found it so hard on your friend's rig is he has insanely high force feedback, or insanely low force feedback, or perhaps just has some fundamental stuff setup wrong. With regards to difficulty of setup, apart from some very expensive & exotic PC only setups they are all very easy to install and get going.

The T300 is a nice wheelbase if you happen to get lucky to get one that was made properly (the problems with the T300 manufacturing quality are well documented). That was my last wheelbase before my recent upgrade and I would never recommend a T300 to anyone due to the shoddy build quality.

If drifting is a top priority then a free flowing, fast wheelbase is a must-have. You mentioned Playstation and PC so my recommendations in that space for a drifter would be the Thrustmaster T-GT II or the Fanatec DD Pro wheelbases with the DD Pro having the edge because of its direct drive motor.

But really all recommendations are constrained by a person's budget so that is the first question to ask yourself.
Thank you.

Yes, my issues was absurd force feedback. To the point even the slightless rear slip on grip would force me a spin, the wheel would just start spinning like crazy everywhere. Maybe I'm just not used to it.

My budget should be on the mid range, more or less. Since I need to buy or build the stand, want a real seat and wheel, buy the pedals and shifter, etc. I will check the ones you mentioned.

Latest Posts

Back