A problem with a Logitech Driving Force and the PS2

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I do realise this might be going back a few years for the majority, but I decided to buy an original Driving Force to use with GT3 A-Spec. I didn’t want a Pro because I don’t like the idea of the shifter being on the right hand side, being a UK pleb.

However, there seems to be an issue. Whenever I plug the usb into either of the ports on my PS2 (slim) the picture starts cutting in and out on my screen. Not flashing, rather staying on for a few seconds, cutting out, coming back on for a few secs, and so on.

I’ve tried a few other peripherals, including my G27 which I’m using for GT4 onwards, and everything seems fine - so it’s the wheel at fault.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on here? I did have to buy a generic power supply because the eBay seller didn’t provide one, but it is voltage, amperage and polarity matched.

Also just to note, the wheel does power on and it does do its calibration thing when I boot the console up, and it works as far as being able to navigate the language selection screen.

I also plugged it into my old laptop. I don’t have any games to try it with but it didn’t seem to be causing any issues on that.

Any ideas? Could it be the power supply or do I just pass it on for spares and repairs? Luckily I didn’t pay much for it. I don’t really want to bother trying to get a refund from the seller, they seemed really sketchy when I raised the issue about the power supply - as the ad stated it was fully tested and working - so that will no doubt be a complete waste of time, and not worth the small amount of money I stand to lose lol.

Last edited:
I do realise this might be going back a few years for the majority, but I decided to buy an original Driving Force to use with GT3 A-Spec. I didn’t want a Pro because I don’t like the idea of the shifter being on the right hand side, being a UK pleb.

However, there seems to be an issue. Whenever I plug the usb into either of the ports on my PS2 (slim) the picture starts cutting in and out on my screen. Not flashing, rather staying on for a few seconds, cutting out, coming back on for a few secs, and so on.

I’ve tried a few other peripherals, including my G27 which I’m using for GT4 onwards, and everything seems fine - so it’s the wheel at fault.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on here? I did have to buy a generic power supply because the eBay seller didn’t provide one, but it is voltage, amperage and polarity matched.

Also just to note, the wheel does power on and it does do its calibration thing when I boot the console up, and it works as far as being able to navigate the language selection screen.

I also plugged it into my old laptop. I don’t have any games to try it with but it didn’t seem to be causing any issues on that.

Any ideas? Could it be the power supply or do I just pass it on for spares and repairs? Luckily I didn’t pay much for it. I don’t really want to bother trying to get a refund from the seller, they seemed really sketchy when I raised the issue about the power supply - as the ad stated it was fully tested and working - so that will no doubt be a complete waste of time, and not worth the small amount of money I stand to lose lol.
A very dirty usb port or two?

I thought that at first, but as I said, other peripherals, including a more ‘advanced’ wheel work perfectly. I should’ve mentioned that I did sort of ‘swab out’ the ports with cotton buds dipped in some isopropyl. They were a bit mucky, but it didn’t cure the issue. I don’t think it’s something so simple unfortunately.

I’ve actually gone and bought another one - on Ebay again - since posting this thread. Slightly more expensive than the one I have but CIB with instructions and everything, so fingers crossed for better luck this time.

There’s a second hand retro games shop a couple of towns from me, and the guy there is pretty handy with tech stuff so I’m thinking of taking this one to him and seeing if he’s up for fixing it - and i’ll see if he’ll swap it as is for a memory card or something haha.

Back