A Problem with the Notifications on my Phone

• Thread starter Nico_Ble99
  • 6 comments
Germany
Recklinghausen
n_blkr
So, I'm using my new phone (Huawei Nova Plus) since Christmas now, and I'm really impressed with it so far. Everything works like a charm, it runs smoothly and the battery finally lasts about a full day without charging. However, there seems to be something wrong with the notifications. For example, Kik Messenger. When I'm writing with someone and then close the app because I put my phone aside, I don't get notifications that I have unread messages (If I get some). Then, when I start the app again, I get a notification. Which means, that the app has to run in the background to get notified whenever I get a message. It's the same with almost all the apps I get notified by (Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and so on). The only app I get notified by even if I close the app is YouTube. So, after some thinking I went into the Notification Settings, checked if every app was allowed to send notifications - and saw that all were allowed to. I even went into all the settings menus of the apps to see if the Notifications are turned on, and they were.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a problem with push notifications. Have you disabled all power saving features?
Ah, push notifications. That's what I meant.

Well, I just looked and it said that you can specifically set apps to keep running in the background to still recieve push notifications. I wonder how that will help.

Ah, push notifications. That's what I meant.

Well, I just looked and it said that you can specifically set apps to keep running in the background to still recieve push notifications. I wonder how that will help.
Some Android skins are very aggressive with RAM management and power saving features, that might be what's causing the notifications problem on your phone. I'm not very familiar with EMUI, though.

NP
@Nico_Ble99, Huawei has implemented a feature called 'Protected Apps', which allows apps to show notifications upon arrival. Some apps are enabled by default, but others must be added manually by the user. Have you already checked if the apps you're not receiving notifications from are enabled?
Yes I have. I now enabled all the apps I want to get notified by, that's what I meant in the post I made before. :cheers:

It seems to work now. Thanks to all of you for your quick help.

Back