A Quest: 240mph in the SRT4

Discussion in 'GT4 Tuning' started by SuperShouden, Jun 22, 2010.

1. SuperShouden

SuperShouden (Banned)

The highest speed I've reached so far in the SRT4 is 239mph. I've been in a quest for a while to make it hit 240mph, or above. Anyone care to help? By the way, the REAL SRT4 was able to hit 221mph, making it the world's fastest 4-cylinder. I don't think there are many that can break the 200mph mark. maybe the Impreza and Lancer and some Porsches, but not many.

2. Leonidae@MFT

Leonidae@MFT Premium

That is incorrect. Fastest 4-cylinder car would probably be a dragster with Toyota 503E-engine and "Martin Schanke special"-sized turbo. Fastest roadcar..? Perhaps.. Once I get my table in order, we shall see.. And if I don't recall wrong, C-Spec Impreza has reached 300mph+. Check 300mph club for more info.

3. SuperShouden

SuperShouden (Banned)

Umm...the SRT4 set the Fastest PRODUCTION 4-cylinder. I mean, yeah, I'm sure there were other i4 cars that were faster, but they weren't production.

4. Leonidae@MFT

Leonidae@MFT Premium

Technically speaking, the SRT-4 was modified heavily to achieve that speed. ;) Stock for stock, however.. I think that most of powerful i4's have been limited to 155mph from factory. Perhaps some old Porsche with their 3l i4 turbo was faster.

edit: 968 Turbo S achieved ~180mph.

5. SuperShouden

SuperShouden (Banned)

Still, for an American built car, the SRT4 is pretty quick, and still one of the fastest cars Chrysler had ever built, (Interestingly, I think the Jeep SRT8 is second or third fastest Chrysler, and the SRT4 trails the Challenger, SRT8 Jeep, SRT8 Charger, the 300 SRT8, and the Ram SRT10. which puts it around 8th or 9th.)

6. Blackbird.

Blackbird. Premium

What happened to the Viper?

7. SuperShouden

SuperShouden (Banned)

yeah, I forgot to mention the Viper. :p Of course, if Chrysler ever manages to release the ME 412 it'll jump to the top of the list. but yeah....that SRT4 is a fast one. (and I think someone set a speed record in a Dodge Caravan for the world's fastest production minivan. So dodge has a couple of speed records.)

8. dudejo

dudejo

i think for now, Chrysler's (and possibly GM's) biggest priority should be to take 200 kg off their muscle car.

their engine isn't bad but the Mustang just caught up with them in power ; the last thing missing to be 100% superior.

no wait, there's still that stupid-ass rear bumper.

9. mafia_boy

mafia_boy (Banned)

Already done this in the Spot Race Challenge thread and here are the results, done post by post so a bit of a novel to read.

mcsqueegy and myself then took apart the 250mph barrier in the Type-R Touring Car, and I hit 400km/h in the Integra Type R (DC5) road car, with the settings over at GME.

The one thing I will say is that 5th was around the 0.720 area and the 6th gear was around 0.590 when going for the record with a final ratio of 3.000.

10. Leonidae@MFT

Leonidae@MFT Premium

Pssst.. The new Eclipse gets 500bhp+ ;)

11. Rotary Junkie

Rotary Junkie Premium

IIRC it can't be nitroused or something stupid however.

12. SuperShouden

SuperShouden (Banned)

yeah, 500bhp, and STILL slower than snails. If I were to try to break 250 in an eclipse, it wouldn't be with the '06 one.

13. mafia_boy

mafia_boy (Banned)

Spot on 500hp and slow as a tree stump. The only OVER 500hp car is the SRT-4, but the fastest FF is the DC5R.