A Quest: 240mph in the SRT4

SuperShouden

(Banned)
SuperShouden
The highest speed I've reached so far in the SRT4 is 239mph. I've been in a quest for a while to make it hit 240mph, or above. Anyone care to help? By the way, the REAL SRT4 was able to hit 221mph, making it the world's fastest 4-cylinder. I don't think there are many that can break the 200mph mark. maybe the Impreza and Lancer and some Porsches, but not many.

That is incorrect. Fastest 4-cylinder car would probably be a dragster with Toyota 503E-engine and "Martin Schanke special"-sized turbo. Fastest roadcar..? Perhaps.. Once I get my table in order, we shall see.. And if I don't recall wrong, C-Spec Impreza has reached 300mph+. Check 300mph club for more info.

Umm...the SRT4 set the Fastest PRODUCTION 4-cylinder. I mean, yeah, I'm sure there were other i4 cars that were faster, but they weren't production.

Technically speaking, the SRT-4 was modified heavily to achieve that speed. ;) Stock for stock, however.. I think that most of powerful i4's have been limited to 155mph from factory. Perhaps some old Porsche with their 3l i4 turbo was faster.

edit: 968 Turbo S achieved ~180mph.

Still, for an American built car, the SRT4 is pretty quick, and still one of the fastest cars Chrysler had ever built, (Interestingly, I think the Jeep SRT8 is second or third fastest Chrysler, and the SRT4 trails the Challenger, SRT8 Jeep, SRT8 Charger, the 300 SRT8, and the Ram SRT10. which puts it around 8th or 9th.)

Still, for an American built car, the SRT4 is pretty quick, and still one of the fastest cars Chrysler had ever built, (Interestingly, I think the Jeep SRT8 is second or third fastest Chrysler, and the SRT4 trails the Challenger, SRT8 Jeep, SRT8 Charger, the 300 SRT8, and the Ram SRT10. which puts it around 8th or 9th.)

What happened to the Viper?

yeah, I forgot to mention the Viper. :P Of course, if Chrysler ever manages to release the ME 412 it'll jump to the top of the list. but yeah....that SRT4 is a fast one. (and I think someone set a speed record in a Dodge Caravan for the world's fastest production minivan. So dodge has a couple of speed records.)

i think for now, Chrysler's (and possibly GM's) biggest priority should be to take 200 kg off their muscle car.

their engine isn't bad but the Mustang just caught up with them in power ; the last thing missing to be 100% superior.

no wait, there's still that stupid-ass rear bumper.

The highest speed I've reached so far in the SRT4 is 239mph. I've been in a quest for a while to make it hit 240mph, or above. Anyone care to help? By the way, the REAL SRT4 was able to hit 221mph, making it the world's fastest 4-cylinder. I don't think there are many that can break the 200mph mark. maybe the Impreza and Lancer and some Porsches, but not many.

Already done this in the Spot Race Challenge thread and here are the results, done post by post so a bit of a novel to read.

I've got the gearing set right for the upper gears (5th/6th), my main problem now lies in making sure I get a quick enough acceleration on the first 1000m to get a decent run-up speed before I hit the juice....which sucks and is annoying the crap out of me. :irked: I know if I get that extra 2-3km/h before I get to the bottle then I should get the 400km/h mark.

Just went and tried another 5 runs then, the worst being 396.52, and the best being 396.69. :ouch:

*added bit* It's now about 80 minutes later, and I've now got it up to 397.63km/h (247.08mph). Getting there slowly but surely. ;)

*added bit #2* 15 minutes since added bit #1, and the speed is now 398.04km/h (247.34mph). Less than 2km/h to go now!! :embarrassed:

*added bit #3* I fell asleep just after the second added bit....so 5hrs since then. Best speed up until that point was 398.08km/h (247.36mph). Have to readjust 4th/5th to get that extra k or two I need.

*added bit* #4!!* Had to do an oil change as I hit 200km on the odometer. Back on the track w/ different 5th/6th combo. Top speed on first run back.....now 398.45km/h (247.59mph). Less than 1mph to go for the 400km/h conversion!! :D

Come on guys, don't tell me I need to do this single handedly!! :irked:

Well until you do that you can watch my progress as I get ever closer squeegyman. :P

New speed = 398.49km/h (247.62mph). :cool: Only 1.51km/h (0.94mph) to go. :D So close to seeing 399km/h on the dial!!

*added bit #1* Make that now 398.85km/h (247.84mph). 1.15km/h (0.72mph) to go. ;) Seeing 399 is a relief, I thought I'd never get to that point, hit 398.49 another 4 times after that initial run, and .45, .43 & .48!! Hitting that launch point for NOS is the problem.

*added bit #2* I keep getting closer and closer and closer. Top Speed = 399.34km/h (248.15mph)!!! I think I've worked out how to keep the NOS on for longer due to the ratios of the gearbox, so I'm using what advantage I think I've gained right now while I'm still on this!!

*added bit #3* Now it's another 75 minutes, but didn't do much in that time. Top speed improvement to 399.45km/h (248.21mph). Only .55km/h or .34mph to go.

*added bit #4* Make that 399.48km/h (248.23mph). Oil change helped I think. :P

*added bit #5* 400 ON THE DIAL BOYS!! :D:D:D Top speed of 399.58km/h (248.29mph!!). Only .42km/h/.27mph to go for the official 400km/h.

DC5 Race Car has been claimed to be able to do it. DC5 Road Car is close too. Best I had was around the 392km/h mark including the 200kg of ballast aswell as only having 444hp (stage 5 turbo), but that same tune could get an 11.8 on the 1/4 mile aswell without touching a thing!!

I've improved more and more. 399.67km/h!! That's 248.35mph!! .33km/h or .21mph off the 400km/h club. And when I first started tuning I was at the 395km/h mark in about 2 runs. :cool:

Anyway, so close yet so far. Another 0.005 off the 6th gear should net me the final bit of a km/h. After I hit the 400km/h mark I will upload the photo and then give you all the specs so you too can hit the magical 400 mark!! :D

P.S. And I do have to say, I love seeing 400 on the dial!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

No, it's from a standing start on Max Speed, done to the same rules as the cars that are featured in the 300mph thread. So as I said, no backwards driving, no wallriding, no multiple laps/drafting etc.

I'll try again in a little bit, the family are watching Family Guy at the moment. I'm a bit over the olympics tonight.

*added bit #1* DAMMIT!! 399.80km/h (248.43mph)!! :mad::mad::irked: I've got to get this last .20km/h!!

Let's just find an FF that CAN do 400km/h in the first place. :lol:

This is where I'm at so far:
The Focus RS. 416hp & 396km/h PB for me. I also tried the Alfa GTV 3.0 V6. 320Kw (436hp) & 500Nm....that got to 379km/h quite easily and in drag spec, got 11.82 on the 1/4....a bit disappointing considering it's as light as the 147GTA & has more power & torque. Next Alfa at the Top Speed might be the 156 2.5 V6...that get's 460hp+ but has a crap torque curve which only gave it a 12.1 on the 1/4 so I'm not too sure there.

The Integra I can get 397km/h, but was stuck at 395km/h myself yesterday. The problem with these cars is the lack of speed up to the NOS point, only getting around the 310-313km/h mark before the NOS hit. If you can get 320-325km/h before the outer shade screens with them you'll have a shot for sure.

The SRT4.......399.82km/h (have the screenshot to prove it too!! 👍 ). I'm at a brick wall with this freaking car!! :irked: I've driven that car nearly 1500km (500km x 3 attempts) and keep getting .79, .80, .81 & .82 in it, even after altering the gearing and suspension to hell and back. The last .18km/h lies in the acceleration and getting the most km/h before the NOS point. I keep getting to 330km/h-331km/h before I hit....maybe 332-333 is the answer?? I don't know with it but yeah it's hard to get it even to this point.

Thank god I've memorised the specs for that car. :D

It's been a few days so apologies for the double post but I've got a bit closer to the target. The new figure is now 399.93km/h (248.51mph). So close yet so far!! :nervous:

*added bit* It's the next day.........and I've spent another 1200km on the clock on another two attempts.

SRT4 @ Test Course Max Speed Test, done to same rules as the 300mph club. Speed......

400.01km/h!! That's 248.56mph!! :D:dopey::P:D

I'm going out now, then I'm onto the next challenge........

OH MCSQUEEGY...............MY HSR AND TVR ARE GETTING DUSTED OFF NOW!! :mischievous::D:D:D:D

The pics will be uploaded after I get back, plus a video replay for any other doubters. ;)

mcsqueegy and myself then took apart the 250mph barrier in the Type-R Touring Car, and I hit 400km/h in the Integra Type R (DC5) road car, with the settings over at GME.

The one thing I will say is that 5th was around the 0.720 area and the 6th gear was around 0.590 when going for the record with a final ratio of 3.000.

Are hacks allowed? If yes, challenge accepted (I slap F1 engines into all my cars so it shouldnt be a problem reaching these speeds)

Last edited:
Back