a question about quali and xp.

United States
Wheaton/IL/USA
Flooderqb19
Here's my question: Why doesn't the xp it says i gained for meeting my qualifying goal add to my xp total? I just did the race in valencia in my first season (i'm with force india) and was given the goal of qualifying in third, and finishing the race in 1st (i'm still learning the game, and am therefore racing intermediate AI).

My total xp before the race weekend was at 26,669. After qualifying on pole it said i had earned 3,567 xp. I then went and won the race from pole, for which i earned 3,007 xp. After moving on to the next race at silverstone i looked at my total xp and it said 29,676. So what happened to my qualifying xp? has anyone else had this problem?

I should probably also state that i am playing the ps3 version of the game. And i have not updated to 1.02 (i think i'm on 1.01). I am doing short race weekends as well, since i don't care to do 3 practices and 3 qualifying sessions in my first season (or probably ever:) )

I`ve never checked my xp, i just take it for granted that the game will add it correctly, as it should!

I`ll have to check now.

I do a long weekend, i use p1 to learn the track/tweak Mr S`s setups, 1.5hrs is plenty, and usually skip to quali after 1 hr of p1. Q1 gives you 15 min to see what the others are really packing, Q2 is for banging out fast laps if the AI is faster than expected, Q3 is for chasing pole.

i wasn't paying attention in the first few races. but in Spain I noticed that my xp didn't seem as high as it should be. Again in canada i noticed that while i had been given about 8,000 xp, my xp only seemed to have gained 4,000. but i thought "surely the game knows how to had up xp."

Then in valencia i decided to actually keep track of xp from before doing any session until moving on to the next race weekend.

The only reason i care is that the xp is what determines who will offer me a drive for the next season (mixed in with my rival when i choose one, in some way that not even codies understands) and i would like a seat with one of the top teams.

I think it was supposed to be fixed in 1.02 patch, but I'm not entirely sure that it was. If you can then you should probably upgrade to it.

And no, not even codies understand the contract/rep system of this game, and that's kind of sad on their part :lol:

jcm
I think it was supposed to be fixed in 1.02 patch, but I'm not entirely sure that it was. If you can then you should probably upgrade to it.

It's still not working properly from what I heard, so it won't get a fix in 2011 - ever. However, I hit reputation level 50 in season 3 or so, so nothing to worry about since beating your rival will most likely give you a contract with his team anyway, no matter what your current reputation level is.

Back