A question for all.

  • Thread starter Thread starter BubbleBelly542
  • 13 comments
  • 1,011 views
Messages
2,338
United States
Southeast MI
Messages
BubbleBelly542
Today I was racing with my friend online a d we are both going in to 9th grade. He asked us what grade we were in and then told he was leaving because he doesn't like racing with kids. I perfectly understand this, but he had joined the room 30 seconds before and hadn't ever watched us race. We weren't really saying much either he just heard us say a few words about comparing the cars we were in. We weren't complaining or anything and we weren't crashing people. So am I missing something here and it's perfectly reasonable that he left? And would you have stayed or left?
 
What did you say to eachother when comparing the cars?
 
Denilson
What did you say to eachother when comparing the cars?

I said, "I think the supra turns better than the GT-R"
And my friend said, "Ya it looks like it".
 
Well, if that was all you said to eachother, the guy who left probably got bad experiance from racing with the younger ones. I, my self always race first to see the level of the drivers in the room. And if the level is to "childish", I'd just leave.

But I've raced with awesome drivers around 16 years old. It's just that a huge part of drivers in that age drive like ****. But I've also seen 35 year olds drive like a******s too.

Guess he just left from bad experiances. Keep on racing! 👍

EDIT: Or it could be that he did not like how the room was set up. Rules, tyres, pp etc. What settings did you use?
 
Last edited:
Today I was racing with my friend online a d we are both going in to 9th grade. He asked us what grade we were in and then told he was leaving because he doesn't like racing with kids. I perfectly understand this, but he had joined the room 30 seconds before and hadn't ever watched us race. We weren't really saying much either he just heard us say a few words about comparing the cars we were in. We weren't complaining or anything and we weren't crashing people. So am I missing something here and it's perfectly reasonable that he left? And would you have stayed or left?
No, it's not reasonable he left. I'm 14 years old and race in several series perfectly fine without getting kicked. Though I've never said my age in those series, I don't think Denilson will kick me after he read this post.:scared:

I almost never go racing in random lobbies, so I don´t have much experience with that. But I wouldn´t even want to race with those kind of people.
 
No, it's not reasonable he left. I'm 14 years old and race in several series perfectly fine without getting kicked. Though I've never said my age in those series, I don't think Denilson will kick me after he read this post.:scared:

I almost never go racing in random lobbies, so I don´t have much experience with that. But I wouldn´t even want to race with those kind of people.


I won't w-g-e :)
 
I won't w-g-e :)
Thanks, I know how to race clean now after participating in WRS and racing with several fast and clean drivers.:)
 
I'm 16 too and I think that he was incredibly judgemental. Judging a large group of people because you've met a few bad ones doesn't make an awful lot of sense in the world we live in. If he had seen you guys taking each other out then fair enough but if he hadn't even seen you race then he was in the wrong.
 
I'm 19 now but I've been in sim racing on PC since I was around 13 and I never experienced it, but I definitely did playing FPS on console (on PC, competitive FPS players all hate each other equally).

I think the flaming based on age is mostly an aspect of console gaming with older guys trying to avoid the "xbox kids". He was unreasonable, but I'm not surprised. It doesn't sound like he was nasty or anything, so I'm guessing he's just had enough of all the annoying kids and didn't even want to take a chance.
 
I have seen far too many pre-teens turn my races into destruction derbies.
 
I think you've just experienced a presumptuous **** in action.Im 17 and I race just fine with those twice my age.
 
The problem is that the majority of kids racing in pubs are annoying and don't race clean. If you're on this forum it's almost 100% certain that you aren't like them.

It sucks to be judged like that but it's a product of how the group acts.
 
I agree sl3ight. I am also going into the 9th grade and it does suck that we get treated like that. But it also feels great when they say you're just a kid and you beat them. :D
 
Benz-27
I agree sl3ight. I am also going into the 9th grade and it does suck that we get treated like that. But it also feels great when they say you're just a kid and you beat them. :D

Hey we are similar ages, we should Rae some time. My PSN is BubbleBelly542
 
Back